Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

REKE-500RGB @ LasersMan 209$* Shipped

Reke-500RGB $228 + Shipping $117 + paypal fee $18 = $363 if u want to paypal route (they have other options),, and they said fast shipping to US. I forgot how many days they said cuz I deleted the email.. but alot shorter than 7-14days from laserman wich meant they probably thro it on a plane instead of a boat (I think) Im not sure ask them when you get the email when you send the inquiry... I sent an inquiry and emailed back and fourth to Reke before I saw the 209 price here on the fourms for the one on Lasermans site.

yourlaser.com has the REKE 500RGB for $303.69 w/ Free Shipping.

Search]Search results for: '500rgb]Search' results for: '500rgb

I'm holding out for hakzaw1 contacts and investigations. Muchly appreciated!

I just hope something comes of it soon. Itchin' to try my QuickShow on Something! ;)

There was a challenge thrown out at TEXLEM San Antonio to create a personalized show for TEXLEM II. I've got a year to prepare to contribute.

Last edited:

Ash

Shipping $117 ..., and they said fast shipping to US.
Yes. $117 for shipping implies "not via rowboat".
I see. Thanks.!

I just got a price list from Lucy at REKE. Yep. $228 for the 500, and they also just came out with a 1WRGB with 20k galvos for $520. Seems a bit steep when I could easily make the one I have over 2W for much less of an investment. Although lining them up may prove to be a bit tricky.

Oh and they have an 8W RGB with 30k galvos for only $6,200. LOL

Last edited:
yourlaser.com has the REKE 500RGB for $303.69 w/ Free Shipping.

Search]Search results for: '500rgb]Search' results for: '500rgb

I'm holding out for hakzaw1 contacts and investigations. Muchly appreciated!

I just hope something comes of it soon. Itchin' to try my QuickShow on Something! ;)

There was a challenge thrown out at TEXLEM San Antonio to create a personalized show for TEXLEM II. I've got a year to prepare to contribute.
Thats looks like the same listing and txt thats on the lasermans site

Well... I'm :banghead: regretting not having gotten one before.

In general though, while prices on technology/electronics do go up and down, over the long haul they only go down.

1WRGB with 20k galvos for $520 doesn't seem that bad though, at least not vs the $300 plus current reke 500 price.

Did anybody notice the model number of the unit in the link Ash posted?

Its "OBAMA-1500RGY"

That must mean it REALLY sucks!!!

Just rumors so far but..
Lasersman was the 'dumping ground' for the lasers ovwer 5 mW from DinoDirect.

and likewise I am told Yourlaser is same for DX.
I am not at all surprized that REKE wants more- giving deals only devalues thier product and will not help them sell to the retailers. Both lasersman and yourlasers are selling at closeout prices..and even then they were for a short time and so far I get nothig back from them about them going back on sale anytime soon.

What worries me more if finding them again at $210 but getting DOAs, poorly aligned and turned. Long delivery times and hassles with customs/duty/VAT etc.
'Free Shipping' is usually not used for returned units- they may want $$ to send it back too. And if you scrimp and dont use Express you laser may not make it there.

Today I got word from Yourlasers that even tho I cancelled my order for two more REKEs(because the promo code did not work so they charged my CC full price-F*CK)
And even tho I cancelled twice and also called my CC Company to put a hold they still got my $$ and will 'refund' it as soon as they 'CAN") wtf does that mean???

UNTIL thid plays out I do NOT recommend any biz with YOURLASERS.com

apparently sales and support at yourlasers are not speaking to one another.

So the logic that they will become cheaper longer or at all withthose numbers does not work.

Reactions: Ash
Did anybody notice the model number of the unit in the link Ash posted?

Its "OBAMA-1500RGY"

That must mean it REALLY sucks!!!

Love how they pay close attention on how the spell OBAMA-1500RGY when its a RGB laser down in the description its OBAMA-1500RGB on the same page lol.. and how Lasermans listing talking about a pink laser and a hand held laser in the Reke 500RGB listing and Yourlasers has the same messed up copied listing from Laserman.. funny how full paragraphs of stuff that hasn't even have to do with the reke on the page,, lazy if you ask me,, that will never pass if I did that on a listing for work,, I would be told to change it immediately

Love how they pay close attention on how the spell OBAMA-1500RGY when its a RGB laser down in the description its OBAMA-1500RGB on the same page lol.. and how Lasermans listing talking about a pink laser and a hand held laser in the Reke 500RGB listing and Yourlasers has the same messed up copied listing from Laserman.. funny how full paragraphs of stuff that hasn't even have to do with the reke on the page,, lazy if you ask me,, that will never pass if I did that on a listing for work,, I would be told to change it immediately

Just an indication that they know absolutely NOTHING about the product they are selling. I bet if you emailed and asked if the Reke-500 was a handheld they would say "Yes, it hold very happy your hand, ready for working hand all day"

Thanks for the update/rumor Hak:beer:

I guess it might be for the better... with FP's white fusion project I'm kind of tapped out anyway:p

Ash

Well... I'm :banghead: regretting not having gotten one before.

In general though, while prices on technology/electronics do go up and down, over the long haul they only go down.

1WRGB with 20k galvos for $520 doesn't seem that bad though, at least not vs the $300 plus current reke 500 price.
Well. I really thought about it, but it is still over $100 for shipping. Maybe they will ship 2 of them to me and I how for one shipping price. I have to just ask (and find someone that wants one from them).
Reke offers a year warranty if it breaks when you buy it from them directly. Not sure if these other sites do that.
Personally, I would rather pay a little more to get it straight from the builder/manuf. :p

So, I did want to say that the lasersman reke500 I got maxed out at less than 400mw on my Laserbee A LPM. So I think that's why they were cheaper, didn't pass QC.:thinking:
The lasers seem to be slightly out of alignment at distances greater than about 50 feet also, and the green had some dust on the lens (easy fix).
500mW isn't really that bright unless there is a lot of smoke or haze in the room and isn't too bright on a dark wall, so it would be great for a small room (or venue>club)
Just an indication that they know absolutely NOTHING about the product they are selling. I bet if you emailed and asked if the Reke-500 was a handheld they would say "Yes, it hold very happy your hand, ready for working hand all day"
Yeah. The Chinese do this copy pasta all the time. The text is sent along with products, no QC there either...

Well. I really thought about it, but it is still over $100 for shipping. Maybe they will ship 2 of them to me and I how for one shipping price. I have to just ask (and find someone that wants one from them).
Reke offers a year warranty if it breaks when you buy it from them directly. Not sure if these other sites do that.
Personally, I would rather pay a little more to get it straight from the builder/manuf. :p

Good point although it's been my personal experience with electronics of all kinds that in general they either work great out of the box, and the first month.... or not.

So while warranty really doesn't grab my attention, initial QC does.

(Btw... do you know what the single highest gross margin product is in retail electronics? It's the extended warranty:eg:)

Last edited:
:( You can use the coupon code(RekeHS).So sad!I'm also regretting.

I think I'm gonna end up holding off for something better though.

Ultimately I would rather buy a nicer projector from the get go. If at some point there is an overstock again on these, as there was apparently in this case, I'll grab one.

My Reke 500RGB is 450 miles away @ customs in San Fran!! probably get it 2morro ,, cant wait.

(Btw... do you know what the single highest gross margin product is in retail electronics? It's the extended warranty:eg:)

Thats because people rarely use the extended warranty. Usually by then, they have a better product out , and people gotta have it instead (iphone for example). Its a borderline scam.

Ultimately I would rather buy a nicer projector from the get go.

Im just the opposite, as Im going to hack on it and upgrade it anyway, so why spend the money twice. That is unless I was to just fork out $6000 for a unit I wouldnt have to upgrade, but that will never happen, so....!! As long as a cheap one works out of the box, Im OK with that. Plus it will give me something to keep occupied tweaking it. I usually void any warranties within an hour or so of getting electronic devices anyway.

Last edited: