Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Raffle! Win Big Prizes! (And help fund LPF!)

I calculated the odds yesterday, and I figured if you bought 5-6 tickets, odds are you will win one item. considering that's $15, you have about a 2/3 chance of getting your moneys worth, not bad, but I'm sure by the time the raffle starts people will have purchased more tix, so that 5-6 might turn into a 6-7 or a 7-8. :beer:

I was just thinking about the number of tickets purchased and the number of pirzes and have concluded that it is going to take you a very long time to cut out all those tickets and to draw all those prizes. Like many many many hours. It may even turn out to be an all day event.
Thanks for donating your time.

Same here. Organizing stuff like this requires a lot more time than one would think at first; thanks for doing this, Glenn ;)!

Hmm... would "Raffle Sales" work? I mean, for example I put up a LOC + Aixiz for sale, then I set the ticket's value X and raffle it after Y time. Winner gets the product, seller gets X-Z = W money (Z: product's actual cost; W shouldn't be lower than Z or else the seller would lose money).

Sure Niko, it would work, provided they are not too frequent, the items are sought after, the buyer feels good about who gets the $ etc. etc. ...

* LPF s/b getting >$500 from this event!

* After prize and shipping costs, GC fees etc.

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL SUPPORTERS and remember to rep the prize donors!

Last edited:

ixfd64

I'm really impressed how Wicked Lasers is donating a laser for this contest. I think Steve really wants to improve the relations between WL and LPF. :)

I'm really impressed how Wicked Lasers is donating a laser for this contest. I think Steve really wants to improve the relations between WL and LPF. :)

I know, I think it's funny how there are so many wickedlaser banners on this site, yet most threads tell you not to buy from them, lol.

I'm excited, i can't wait to get my $3 WL laser, and my 6 other SF diodes for $3 ea.

W00T!

daguin

Sure Niko, it would work, provided they are not too frequent, the items are sought after, the buyer feels good about who gets the $ etc. etc. ...
* LPF s/b getting >$500 from this event!
* After prize and shipping costs, GC fees etc.
THANKS AGAIN TO ALL SUPPORTERS and remember to rep the prize donors!

Ticket sales always kick up just before the end of the raffle.

Do you have a roll of "tickets" to use?

Do you want my help writing my name the names on all of them?

Peace,
dave

(I'm such a "giver.")

Ticket sales always kick up just before the end of the raffle.

Do you have a roll of "tickets" to use?

Do you want my help writing my name the names on all of them?

Peace,
dave

(I'm such a "giver.")

You could get a machined stamp from a member, that'd make it even easier!

(Then you could donate the stamp to the raffle... #83: Machined 'daguin' stamp! Donated by daguin).