Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

pseudonomen137

Re: pseudonomen137 scammed me out of $425!

If that's how you feel, that's up to you. At this point we're entering the realm of opinion. I make mistakes, companies make mistakes - no doubt about it. I make many mistakes that don't reach the public forum, and I deal with them all pretty well IMO.

At the same time, I criticize many companies, and take a lot of flack for it. Still, we here at LPF aren't idiots. We know its no mistake warnlasers posted a fake/stolen ILDA cert on their site. We know its no mistake when a majority of the lasers a company sends out are underspec.

You seem to suggest that no one should ever criticize anyone. I don't deny I have an agenda against companies like warnlaser, I'm quite open about that actually. Do you dare say I'm not justified? Because I shipped out a laser I measured as in-spec, but unfortunately turned out underspec by the time it got to the customer, I lose the right to ever criticize a scammer? If you believe that, that's your deal but don't bring it to my doorstep.

If I were to deal with hundreds of customers, I would be responsible for handling each and every one the same way I do now. If I were planning on stepping up to that level, I would probably have to hire additional help like most of the big companies out there, and I would be responsible for the actions of my employees. Just because a company is big, they don't earn my pity to rip off customers - again, that's another belief where we apparently disagree. In fact, that's why I never plan on being a big company. I'm sure if I really wanted to do this for a living I could try, but this is and only ever will be a hobby. My finances do not depend on it, and in fact this hobby normally just sucks away my $$. I like dealing with customers one and one and already I'm getting to my limits of carrying on that, a job, and a life - a sign I need to do less laser stuff in general. You won't see the aspirations of a big company out of me.

Now really, do we need to continue this pointless argument? I don't feel like attacking your character, but you're acting like you deserve it more than me (and that's saying a lot!)...

MadeInUSA said:
Carter,

Then its fair to say, since you are selling underpowered lasers then your "true colors" are showing as well. If a company sells you or gives you a free laser and its underpowered, there apology doesnt seem to work with you, so why should yours when you sell underpowered units to your customers?

Think about it, people make mistakes, companies make mistakes, but when you make one, you go on and on about how you are so deserving of a bad sale and you can undersell product and make yourself look oh so concerned but only as long as its you and your interests. You have to give bad press on anyone or anything that doesnt match up to your agenda.

It's also fair to say that once your grow beyond expectations and can no longer handle dealing with 100 times the orders per month, you too will be victim to consumers saying how your company used to be good and used to be great and hopes you can change back to what was once a good company, so really in effect what you perceive in WL or any other company is what your future will become. You have a reputation to uphold, I dont. Good luck dealing with thickle kids and consumers in the laser industry!

faizan

SenKat_Stonetek said:
[quote author=faizan link=1217441790/40#46 date=1217885946]Can someone make Avery make DrJohnny edit his avatar? It's funny but still kind of disgusting.

Can you PM him instead of posting when it can be handled via PM ?[/quote]

Yeah I reread that and i did sound like a duech.

Carter, the result is, you left customer(s) with poor customer service, then have opinions of bad service when its done to you. You sold "sad" and "depressed" underpowered unit(s) and when you get passed one, you claim to be sad and depressed over it. You're customer has had nothing but problems with the unit(s) you passed off and again on the second try - much like your own experiences and since your customer is always right, I am sure he/she is "qualified" to feel the way you feel about other entities. I just find it very interesting to see you provide the same underpowered product and service you denounce others for. Like the OP said, "the crusader against scammers turns out to be a scammer himself!" To me its more like: " the crusader against sadness and depression from underpowered products turns out to sell sadness and depression with underpowered products".

How does it make you feel knowing that you let down a customer, not to good right? Well how do you think you make people feel in your opinions, qualified or un-qualified? Doesn't feel to good does it? Leaves you feeling like no matter what you do isnt good enough, right? So why don't you spend less time defimating companies who are dealing with the same things you are and more time improving your own. Viral marketing is viscous and finite, using your professional or qualified opinion to sway your potential customers by negative opinions of other product, only creates an allegiance and an occassional sale, not a futuristic and realistic profitable customer base. I suggest you improve your own faults instead of pointing out others. Because, for one, you just became what you accuse others of doing and for two, if you have to trash talk other product to make a sale, then your trying to sell a belief system and not a quality product whether or not your trying to save someone a buck.

Do you not read what I say at all? Of course you don't, if there's one person here with a motive its you. Yes, I made a mistake and I'm working to fix it. No, that doesn't make me happy. Yes, its my fault. Yes, I'll continue to offer lasers whether people buy them or not. Yes, I'll continue to offer the high level of service a majority of my customers report.

But: No, my actions will not stop me from reporting THE TRUTH about other laser companies. You keep seeming to think I attack other companies because I'm trying to hype up my own stuff. However, not only have I been running tests out of my own pocket and trying to call out scammers well before I ever sold even $1 in laser products, but I continue to speak my understanding of the truth about other products as well as my own (ask anyone who's bought a Prometheus from me and asked about my opinions versus an Aries. You'll see I tell each and every one several important reasons why an Aries is better, although I defend the Prometheus too). Perhaps its hard for someone like you to understand that people can have motives other than money, and that people do not like to see others making money through fraud and deception, but that doesn't mean those people don't exist.

For some reason, you don't seem to realize that I'm trying to get the truth out first and foremost. Yes, I sell some laser stuff from time to time and yes I have made mistakes (though I feel I try harder than many to correct them) but I do not let that affect my opinion. Whether I succeed or not, I try to abide by a higher form of ethics

So anyway, before you spew any more bogus info, would you mind letting em know what your agenda is or who you represent? Clearly you wish to use the negative tactics you mention for your own gain, but since you know they would be detrimental to you, you keep your identity hidden. Long story short - you have no reputation or credibility in my eyes, and just a guess, but I get the feeling most of the forum feels similarly

MadeInUSA said:
Carter, the result is, you left customer(s) with poor customer service, then have opinions of bad service when its done to you. You sold "sad" and "depressed" underpowered unit(s) and when you get passed one, you claim to be sad and depressed over it. You're customer has had nothing but problems with the unit(s) you passed off and again on the second try - much like your own experiences and since your customer is always right, I am sure he/she is "qualified" to feel the way you feel about other entities. I just find it very interesting to see you provide the same underpowered product and service you denounce others for. Like the OP said, "the crusader against scammers turns out to be a scammer himself!" To me its more like: " the crusader against sadness and depression from underpowered products turns out to sell sadness and depression with underpowered products".

How does it make you feel knowing that you let down a customer, not to good right?  Well how do you think you make people feel in your opinions, qualified or un-qualified?  Doesn't feel to good does it? Leaves you feeling like no matter what you do isnt good enough, right? So why don't you spend less time defimating companies who are dealing with the same things you are and more time improving your own. Viral marketing is viscous and finite, using your professional or qualified opinion to sway your potential customers by negative opinions of other product, only creates an allegiance and an occassional sale, not a futuristic and realistic profitable customer base. I suggest you improve your own faults instead of pointing out others. Because, for one, you just became what you accuse others of doing and for two, if you have to trash talk other product to make a sale, then your trying to sell a belief system and not a quality product whether or not your trying to save someone a buck.

Carter,

Asking questions and answering them yourself is a sign of, well, you know! Goes without saying, but to dispute your position by name calling? (see other thread after my reply was moved) I am just making an assertion that's open to debate. You state opposing view points to show you are not blinded by your own personal views. Clear sign of crowd control to those involved and those observing. Which in turn, shows how important it is for you to keep your self image to those doing so. Looking for flaws and loopholes in my "info" and "indentity" is a defensive countermeasures to set focus on my ethics and persuade others to agree with you. Please understand that you accuse others of what you do yourself and thats the "truth" I am asserting here.

Nothing more nothing less, so you really dont need to render my observation as invalid with the side show comments of what I understand and what you think I dont realize. My understanding and realization is not what turned you into a hypocrite, your own actions created that for you and thats all I am asserting based on how you attacked a customer with an emotional story and I qoute "but expect no further courtesy from me past getting your end of the deal fulfilled", thats no better than any truth you seek in other companies and to say that to a consumer thats putting bread and butter on your table should leave you feeling belittled and ashamed. That speaks volumes for someone who thinks your entitled to be the final say in truth and fallacies in the laser industry and just because you have created a network of alliances by being the good guy for the last few years doesnt mean your above and beyond the feces you just pulled.

MadeInUSA said:
Carter,

Asking questions and answering them yourself is a sign of, well, you know! Goes without saying, but to dispute your position by name calling? (see other thread after my reply was moved) I am just making an assertion that's open to debate. You state opposing view points to show you are not blinded by your own personal views. Clear sign of crowd control to those involved and those observing. Which in turn, shows how important it is for you to keep your self image to those doing so. Looking for flaws and loopholes in my "info" and "indentity" is a defensive countermeasures to set focus on my ethics and persuade others to agree with you. Please understand that you accuse others of what you do yourself and thats the "truth" I am asserting here.

Nothing more nothing less, so you really dont need to render my observation as invalid with the side show comments of what I understand and what you think I dont realize. My understanding and realization is not what turned you into a hypocrite, your own actions created that for you and thats all I am asserting based on how you attacked a customer with an emotional story and I qoute "but expect no further courtesy from me past getting your end of the deal fulfilled", thats no better than any truth you seek in other companies and to say that to a consumer thats putting bread and butter on your table should leave you feeling belittled and ashamed. That speaks volumes for someone who thinks your entitled to be the final say in truth and fallacies in the laser industry and just because you have created a network of alliances by being the good guy for the last few years doesnt mean your above and beyond the feces you just pulled.

GTFO, lousy troll

I don't care if what you're saying is true or not - but the style of your posts is grounds enough for being banned.

Edit: BTW I appreciate your friendly PM ;) /sarcasm

VW

I guess you now know how DL feel for all the BS you've put them through.  Granted I haven't been here a long time, but they deserve better than you given them since I've been around.  I mean, they sent you underpowered units, they replaced them and you still call them scammers.  Going by your standards, you too are now a scammer.  Or are you going to try and justify that you're now different from them in any way?  Bottom line is, I'm not going to argue because you're making an effort, which is great.  But I hope now you'll think a bit about the companies, the mistakes they've made and the things they've done to improve on that.  

Oh and for the record, my H150 reads at 212mW average! 227mW peak... Nice for suposed scammers...

Carter - ignore the stupid focker from now on....

Everyone else - ignore the stupid focker from now on.... SERIOUSLY, don't validate his inflammatory remarks with a reply at all - keep this thread oriented towards what it was designed to be to begin with, not mr focker's ventings....

To the stupid focker - STFU - you don't have the balls to answer anyone's questions, nor to make your identity known, so STFU, focker. ;)

I've got nipples Greg, can you milk me???

(it's a movie line ;D the one where "focker" comes from hehe... I just had to)

UPDATE:

I just received a package from pseudo and couldn't believe what he had sent.

Not only did he send an extremely stable 165mW Nova, but he included a Nova case, a partial refund that exceeded what we had agreed upon, a pair of Wicked Shades, and an RPL battery! :)

Props to pseudo for finally coming through and including all the extra goodies.

BTW, it does seem as if my Lasercheck is messed up because once again I'm getting readings that are about 30mW below pseudo's output graph and the sticker on the Nova box. Anyone know if it's possible to get this thing recalibrated by Coherent?

drjohnny said:
UPDATE:

Not only did he send an extremely stable 165mW Nova, but he included a Nova case, a partial refund that exceeded what we had agreed upon, a pair of Wicked Shades, and an RPL battery!  :)

BTW, it does seem as if my Lasercheck is messed up because once again I'm getting readings that are about 30mW below pseudo's output graph and the sticker on the Nova box. Anyone know if it's possible to get this thing recalibrated by Coherent?

Perhaps you should consider editing the subject-lines in your threads now that you are pleased? ;)
BTW, I hope you are not going to spam the forum about the Coherent Laser-Check.
DH

drjohnny said:
UPDATE:

Not only did he send an extremely stable 165mW Nova, but he included a Nova case, a partial refund that exceeded what we had agreed upon, a pair of Wicked Shades, and an RPL battery! :)

Coherent's lasercheck is NOT worth recalibrating (in my opinion) it costs OVER $150 just to get a freaking battery replaced ! When they cease being reliable, time to pop it in the trash can - and buy something with a THERMAL sensor....TEC if you have to, but THERMAL if you can get it.

Am I reading this right?? Your meter is off now .................and back then what? I have 7 meters and if in doubt, I use several to correlate my data. Glad Psuedo137 made you happy.

FINIS

Mike

drjohnny said:
UPDATE:

Not only did he send an extremely stable 165mW Nova, but he included a Nova case, a partial refund that exceeded what we had agreed upon, a pair of Wicked Shades, and an RPL battery!  :)

See? I told ya Carter would come through. About the only thing he is guilty of is being slow to answer PMs and emails. But he is a man of his word and always takes care of his customers.. even if it ends up costing him any profit he would have made. From what I've seen, he's probably went in the hole more than a few times just to please his customers.

Way to go Carter,
so most everything they were saying is bunk,
keep the good & honest reviews coming.

And let yourself be your worst critic! ;)

Ace82

drjohnny said:
UPDATE:

I was going to mention this before, but I thought I would STFU and just watch...  ;D

DrJohnny, Think about what you've accomplished by creating all these threads...

A bunch of free advertisements!  ::)

I for one, wouldn't hesitate the slightest buying from Pseudo, especially now!  ;D

Ask yourself this:  Was it worth it?