Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

pseudonomen137

It's ironic how the crusader against scammers turns out to be a scammer himself!

Back in May I ordered a 170mW greenie from him and it turned out to be underpowered. I returned it and he sent me another unit that turned out to be underpowered as well with terrible thermal stability (it lost over half its power in under 30 seconds in an 80 degree room).

He verified that the first unit was underpowered but claimed the second was "in spec" even though he admitted there was a huge power drop once it heated up. Thus he refused to give me a refund.

2 weeks ago he claimed he had just received a suitable replacement with much better stability and he would soon ship it out.

I haven't gotten crap and now he won't respond to any email or private messages!

UPDATE (August 5th)

I just received a package from pseudo and couldn't believe what he had sent.

Not only did he send an extremely stable 165mW Nova, but he included a Nova case, a partial refund that exceeded what we had agreed upon, a pair of Wicked Shades, and an RPL battery! :)

Props to pseudo for finally coming through and including all the extra goodies.

Re: pseudonomen137 scammed me out of $425!

what a douchebag. 2 of the exact same post....

He may be scammin...but you be spammin :O sorry had to...hehe

I feel your frustration though, hope you two get it worked out, however spammin the forum might not be the best way to resolve the issue. It seems that there are a lot of crap the two of you that you have to resolve...

brtaman

ndrew2505 said:
what a douchebag. 2 of the exact same post....
I can see why he would post this in multiple sections, that way Pseudo will see it for sure when he posts on here. If he can't get a hold of him any other way than he is pretty much stuck with posting like this.

I apologize for the spamming, but I think most people would lose their cool too if they went through what I did.

Ace82

Did you know, that when you go eat at a fast food restaurant that when you eat in, you pay first so once you've already paid, then you are last priority and are literally stuck there to wait.  But in a drive thru, if it takes too long you can just drive off and not pay and they're stuck with your order, so they are first priority.  

So, ANY reseller will jump on the gun when it involves making a sell.  Although we are all human and get emotionally frustrated when a sell doesn't go right, it should be taken care of.  Because he already has your money, you are stuck with the wait.  All the new buyers have yet to pay, so he needs to jump on the gun to make their sell.  

Now, I can't speak for ANYBODY except for myself, (so please hold the STFU...  :p) but I imagine that he is not scamming you.  He probably is avoiding/ignoring you (as most resellers would in this type of case) but he is probably waiting on the right unit to arrive for you to complete YOUR sell.  But since he claimed he already had one and didn't ship it yet, might be a valid issue to make point of, especially if he hasn't responded as of why he didn't ship it/you didn't receive it.  Now, with this thread in 3 different topics, we shall sit back and wait his response. I'm sure everything will work out. :p

I've bought a couple of lasers from him - yes, he can be hard to get a hold of sometimes, but I have always gotten a good working laser. Sometimes the delay is beyond his control - my blue laser took 6 months to get - not because of him but because of issues with the manufacturer. However, he did offer me the option of a refund rather than waiting, but I chose to wait. Personally I've only had good dealings with him.

There's an old saying.....you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar....

tatman

Well I bought a 300mw Prometheous green laser from Carter and it was cool...till I dropped it.After that it just didn't have the same output. Since the warrenty(sp) was up I decided to "fix" it myself.Well believe me I sure fixed it. Anyway after talking with Mr. H I sent the laser to him with a small handling fee for repair. Today my laser came back to me- but it also had a couple neat differaction grates, a brand new pair of laser safety glasses, a new battery and get this: my 300mw laser came back with a power graph indicating that it now peaks at 440.9mw and averages 426.9mw. I can only speculate , but maybe you pissed him off or insulted him and he maybe will get to it in his own sweet time... or I could be wrong. But he has gone above and beyond for me. I would have to say he has my endorsement.

tatman said:
I can only speculate , but maybe you pissed him off or insulted him and he maybe will get to it in his own sweet time...

To imply that pseudo has the right to scam me if I insulted him (which I never did in all of our emails) is absurd.

tatman

Get a grip. Who said he has a right to scam you? What I WILL say is you strike me as a sniveler and I bet pseudo just got tired of your whining...but maybe not. Like I already said: he did me just fine...but I didn't post bullshit about Carter on the world wide web. Anyhow, good luck with that. Thank You, Carter, wherever you are.

LMAO!

A reality check here for all those who seem to tolerate, and even defend such behaviour from ppl like this "pseudonomen137" character.

- You make a deal
- You meet the deal, PRECISELY!
- End of story

If anything deviates from what was promised, YES a full, clear and proactive explanation followed by a prompt resolution is absolutely expected!!

Nothing else matters.

You take someone's money under clear understanding of delivering a product and service and you HAVE to deliver, or return everything you took with a sincere apology for wasting that person's time.

Just ignoring your customer for any reason, is utterly unacceptable. Unless of course that person was physically unable to due to alien abduction, death or loss of limbs/sense etc... And even then, I'd still expect an explanation... Immediately!!!

I'd like to see how people like this guy would behave if they didn't have the protection of geographical distance and the web to hide behind.

I applaud your efforts "drjohnny".

If he knew that the reliability of his products was so variable, did he make that clear to the buyer before he took the money?

Do you think that if the buyer knew that the product would perform as it did, then he would have gone ahead with the deal?

Do you think that if the buyer knew that this was what to expect if things didn't go as promised, he'd have placed an order?

No is the answer to that!

Therefore, scammed... Therefore "pseudonomen137" deserves a LOT more than what "drjohnny" has quite reservedly, and totally justifiably done so far.

I'd have done a lot lot more than simply "insult" him if I was in that situation.

My recommendation is not to buy from anyone who can't be held accountable to the higher authorities and agencies, and if not, then make sure you know where they live  ;)

tatman said:
Get a grip. Who said he has a right to scam you? What I WILL say is you strike me as a sniveler and I bet pseudo just got tired of your whining...but maybe not. Like I already said: he did me just fine...but I didn't post bullshit about Carter on the world wide web. Anyhow, good luck with that. Thank You, Carter, wherever you are.

You need to stop licking pseudo's nuts. I didn't start "whining" until it became quite clear pseudo was giving me the run around and wouldn't respond unless I called him out on the forum. You're acting as though I'm in the wrong here and the laser god pseudo had no fault in this.

Since you call me a sniveler and whiner, let's hear what you would've done if you paid for a laser back in May, received an underpowered unit, received a replacement that lost half its power in under 30 seconds, got promised a suitable replacement 2 weeks ago that would ship out soon, and then totally ignored when it never came.

drjohnny said:
[quote author=tatman link=1217441790/0#9 date=1217553069]Get a grip. Who said he has a right to scam you? What I WILL say is you strike me as a sniveler and I bet pseudo just got tired of your whining...but maybe not. Like I already said: he did me just fine...but I didn't post bullshit about Carter on the world wide web. Anyhow, good luck with that. Thank You, Carter, wherever you are.

You need to stop licking pseudo's nuts. I didn't start "whining" until it became quite clear pseudo was giving me the run around and wouldn't respond unless I called him out on the forum. You're acting as though I'm in the wrong here and the laser god pseudo had no fault in this.

Since you call me a sniveler and whiner, let's hear what you would've done if you paid for a laser back in May, received an underpowered unit, received a replacement that lost half its power in under 30 seconds, got promised a suitable replacement 2 weeks ago that would ship out soon, and then totally ignored when it never came.[/quote]

As I suggested in one of your many other threads on this exact-issue, do you have anytning positive to contribute to this forum? We would all like to hear about this issue being resolved, but I am left wondering how this community will look if everyone flames the entire forum like this, no matter what the deal is, and expects the world to stop spinning until your issue is resolved. Blue Fusion did not even get this much coverage!! I am not defending Pseudo, I am trying to defend our community from spammers!
Now, what do you have?
Sincerly,
DH

agreed. good point DH. there was a reason no one liked that jinpenglaser fellow...

tatman

Well lets see what I would do.Knowing how lasers are,I know that ALL the sellers have a percentage of their laser products that arrive under spec from their manufacturers and must be returned. So I would E-mail,Snail mail, or telephone until I was able to get things sorted out. Then I would patiently wait for arrival. I'de do this over and over no matter how many arrived underspec. And just because it arrives underspec don't mean you got scammed.A lot can happen on planes,trains and UPS trucks when it's clear across the country/around the world. And I wonder what a lippy piece of crap like you might do if not protected by the distance?

You are so full of shit. There's no way you would continue to pay to ship back defective units. I'm sure you would eventually give up on emails and PMs if a merchant started to completely ignore you.

And if I lived near pseudo, I'd just call the cops or hire a lawyer to get my money back.

Judging from your posts, you seem like the kind of immature asshole who would get into a fist fight with a guy at a bar for looking at you funny.