Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pocket LPM from Laserpointerstore?

Encap

Build quality looks questionable, though for the price it's not too unreasonable.
I suspect there will be many deficiencies with this unit, especially with the claim of 15 watts.

Exactly--looks very amateur --like a home built toy LPM--the large LCD especially is silly looking on that msmall box and not installed particularly cleanly

It might be a good unit however. Will be interesting to hear/see how accurate it is over a 0 to 15W range with all wavelengths

hmmmm
memory failure?
the Hyperions have been tested & proven.. $150 reads ~20W-but you can get a $75 version (MUST be the correct version) and later easily upgrade to 20W for a second $75..(no need to send your LPM anywhere BTW)

PM if you have more questions

Hak: I think you are confusing the Hyperion with the the new hand held portable LPM laserpointer store is offering. Why anyone would need or want such a thing if the had a good LPM already, is another story.

Last edited:

BobMc

That is a great find Richie. Sure hope someone does volunteer to buy/test one. That would be so great to add to my "laser bag" ( old camera bag) I take with me when I go places. :thanks: for making the post. :gj:

Rivem

I think you are confusing the Hyperion with the the new hand held portable LPM laserpointer store is offering. Why anyone would need or want such a thing if thet had a Hyperion other orther LPM already, is another story. see video here:

I'm sure hakzaw1 knows. He does have some sort of closed group buy thing going, so he's just saying it's a better deal.

Last edited:
Hak: I think you are confusing the Hyperion with the the new hand held portable LPM laserpointer store is offering. Why anyone would need or want such a thing if thet had a Hyperion other orther LPM already, is another story. see video here:

No there is no confusion on my part-read again and slower..

My question is WHY buy the Hyperion from them??

not me.. never desired to be a LPM 'collector'..but for $75-had to have one Hyperion

and fully admitting that if it (the $79 one)works well at all WLs & at 15W for that price ($79) its a steal..

but considering the 2X price mark-up for the Hyperion--that 15W meter may have cost them $40..

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

Encap

Hak: I think you are confusing the Hyperion with the the new hand held portable LPM laserpointer store is offering. Why anyone would need or want such a thing if thet had a Hyperion other orther LPM already, is another story. see video here:

No there is no confusion on my part-read again and slower..

My question is WHY buy the Hyperion from them??

OK did not see that mentioned anywhere in the post "WHY buy the Hyperion from them??" and the thread is about a different LPM not hyperion so... did not get your drift

PS Is the Hyperion still not available due to parts to make it being unavailability or is available now?

Microsoft Sam makes a return! :crackup:

Actually I don't think it looks too bad. But the more important question is how well does it function, anyone plan on buying it?

I hope they lose that LCD and get better looking one that makes it appear to be a more professionally designed well done product or at least is mounted better/clearnly on the box---the USB Port on the box is rough not clean also. Tommy does say it is only a sample so....

Seems to be battery operated from seeing the video- no USB cable used to power it--nothing is said about the USB port , is it for powering and recharging the batteries or is for data output?

If someone gets one, would be nice to see pictures of the electronics and sensor inside and internal build quality.

Agree---the important part is calibration and how well does it function.

Last edited:
Tried to PM Encap with more info but I am blocked WTHeck?

Last edited:

Encap

Tried to PM Encap with more info but I am blocked WTHeck?

Turned off PMs except for Admins due to incoming spam --probably is OK now will turn incoming PMs back on

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Encap, you can turn it on only for members on your contact/friends list just so you know. It stops any newbs and Vietnamese spammers sending you PM's. :)

Private Messaging
This forum features a private messaging system, which allows members to send messages to one another privately.

If you do not want to send or receive private messages, you may disable the private messaging system.
Enable Private Messaging

You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and your contacts. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.
Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators

The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.
Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages

If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.
Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.
Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default

Last edited:
This is what I get for not signing on for a day :crackup:
I will say that I'm totally happy with my Hyperion and hopefully in the near future I will have a Bee.
I definitely would love to see testing on this thing, I like Tommy and all the lasers on LPS.com but I'm a little skeptic of this meter. Hopefully it turns out to be pretty accurate :D

Last edited:
Just saw this Thread....
Had a look at the little LPM and the Video.
It definitely looks like a Thermal sensor.
I can't see 15 Watts... Not enough Thermal
mass for cooling 15 Watts of Laser Power.. IMO

So as I read.... I'll need to step up and buy
one...:whistle:

Just ordered one. I have a feeling I know what
circuitry is being used.

I'll test it alongside my Astalist LPM for wavelength
bandwidth and Max Powers and accuracy.

Jerry

GSS

Not to take away from Richie's meter find but I see Tommy is selling a Thor H 532nm at 300mw for $114...
He has a video of one being metered "not with this new pocket meter" that would of been nice...
It peak's quickly at around 370mw but at only 50 seconds it drops like a stone:eek: and no recovery.
Just how hard are they running to what I assume is a 12mm module??

Last edited:
Interesting LPM..
Interesting micro usb port (what is the function?) EDIT: so it's for charging internal battery :D

If he claims 15W with black sensor, i doubt it lol
What intrigued me the most is the fact that the response time is only 3s

Last edited:
Hi,
Jerry save your cash i have one coming on order, We will see soon what Tommy claims as for 15W. For now if it can produce over 7W's reading compared to my Laserbee 7W. LPM then .
So as for now I'm the sacrificial lamb for the members here at the forum.

Rich:)

I will keep my fingers crossed, I wouldn't mind having one if it's reliably accurate.