Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PL520 Diodes - What Host Will YOU Use?

My 3 yr old daughter loves MLP, I'm ashamed to admit I know all their names & personalities after watching months of it on TV with her :crackup:

:beer:

Why ashamed? The show is intended for exactly the situation you are in. Its geared for two audiences which you and your daughter fit into. Their personalities are exactly why I enjoy the show.

I guess that explains why I dont mind watching it with her hehe :crackup:

:beer:

I put mine in a C6 from JayRob. Now I need one in yellow, orange and blue or indigo. 445/450 kind of falls between blue and indigo. 450 would satisfy me for indigo if I ever get something around 473 for blue.

I decided to drop mine into one of DTR's Sky-Ray hosts.

Last edited:

IsaacT

Where do you get a microboost, why is it better than the benboosts, and do the microboosts come preseet to your current?

Thanks,
Isaac

I had almost forgotten about their existence.

Fiddy

im not sure whats up with the ben boosts but wherent they getting startup spikes?
microboost got a pot to adjust between currents and bridging resistors will change that current ranges.

im not sure where you can get them anymore actually, dont think dr.lava is still making them.

I'm going to be driving mine with an X-Boost. It has soft startup as well as an adj pot. I got one of the micro versions that's (if memory serves) nearly identical in size to the benboost. I keep bouncing around with my final decision on current but I will be settling somewhere between 270mA and 300mA.

Last edited:

IsaacT

Do you know where to get an x-boost of that size with preset current? The hardest part for me is finding preset current because I don't have a multimeter.

No multimeter !?!?!

Serious bro? You know you can grab a cheap one off of ebay for nothing right?

I would ask Lazeerer himself for the driver.

IsaacT

I have only ever bought one thing off eBay, I am used to multimeters costing 20 bucks. Then you add in another 20 bucks or so for a test load and I could buy another diode with that money. I had a multimeter for awhile but it died somehow.

Time to pass on a diode and host a get a multimeter. I can get them for free with any purchase with the coupon at harbor freight tools!

Time to pass on a diode and host a get a multimeter. I can get them for free with any purchase with the coupon at harbor freight tools!

I was just about to sari harbour freight I have a nice fluke and the harbour freight $5-$10 one gets the same readings pretty much.

I know lazeerer is really busy right now with orders. I have an adj xboost mini coming I an planning on running mine around 200ma. You might want to try Cajun lasers I know they sell his stuff.

quote: Will be using the RL-118 Stainless steel with a copper heatsink and module, jayrob knurled focus adapter.

fiddy, that will be sweet, sweet! love that host.

when i can buy a pl520 i think i would put it into an aurora ss host.

Last edited:
Isaac...I got nothin but love for ya bro, but yeah...time to get a meter. I would still get the cheapest one at radio shack before the harbour freight. But, that's just this scumbag's preference.

Not to rub it in, but I just ordered a new 30V, 5A bench PSU. I'm too excited.