Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Nice , They do show up a lot cheaper if your really lucky , Someone a while back had one on eBay for £300 working , though power wasn't confirmed .

diachi

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Nice , They do show up a lot cheaper if your really lucky , Someone a while back had one on eBay for £300 working , though power wasn't confirmed .

Yeah, I remember a few years back there was a bunch of them going for a couple hundred quid. Too bad I missed out then! :p

$250 didn't touch reserve.

Still not moving I see. Might have to take less eventually unless keeping them appeals to you.

Looks like an older RT build, now with a used 7875 and a used 3 mode FL driver, ehh
The housing and heat sink are what you are really bidding on.

Yeah, it's an old flashlight host with an old 7875 in it. Not worth more than the $50.00 already bid. I love the salesmanship on this. "Custom Made". :crackup:

BobMc

Looks like an older RT build, now with a used 7875 and a used 3 mode FL driver, ehh
The housing and heat sink are what you are really bidding on.

It differently looks like a RT build. That’s why I thought someone might be interested in it. There might be some life left it the diode and driver, that part is the gambling part.

Criticism for everything, Too expensive, Too cheap, Too Old, It’s getting old!

Criticism for everything, Too expensive, Too cheap, Too Old, It’s getting old!

I call it like I see it and for a good reason, in this case RT uses flashlight drivers with strobe mode and it is likely hard on the LD, also the 7875 is a good diode but typically overdriven, so anyone not savvy about overdriven LD lifespan and driver selection can benefit from what myself and paul feel is fair information to share, just look at as more money left on the table for you, or complain about a valid and informative critique and look butthurt....again, just calling it like I see it. :)

^^^Same here.

No ones complaining, just calling it like I see it yeah!

diachi

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Melles-Grio...575515?hash=item3d5aa2105b:g:QB0AAOSw-31ainly

$125 - Solid state, 488nm, direct double diode. Lazeerer had a thread on these a while back. Needs a driver. Looks to be in great condition. Might not be too hard to build a driver if you can find the pinout for the head or reverse engineer it. I was going to buy it but can't justify spending the money just now. Maybe after I get the 355nm working and the 495 finished...

There's another one: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Melles-Grio...246486?hash=item5d7a072296:g:zU0AAOSwoPpaYXOt

Worse condition, higher price.

Last edited: