Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pay to repair laser with <15 min of use?

I don't think FP was offering to fix it for free. I think he was offering to diagnose it for free, and would fix it for free if it was something like a connection/solder problem. I think expecting some third party to spend their own money on you to fix some other seller's defective laser is just a bit much, don't you think?

I'm curious as to why the selling member hasn't commented here in defense of Himself.

Probably because, just going by his post history.. the only sections he really looks at are B/S/T and laser pro shop. Except for it looks like maybe 4 posts, the rest of his 60 posts have been either wanting to buy high power lasers, wanting to buy a LPM, or hawking his 445 maglite's.

Because he has no defense !!! it's hard to defend a lie.
and if you arn't metering all your lasers and you tell people you are then you are lieing.
just like he told one unsuspecting member that he would get 1000's of charges on a Lithium cell, now how dose he know that has he counted each and every one ?
I have never seen any where that a cell manufacture claims there cells could be charged more than 500 times they all seem to stick to this number so where dose he get his cells from some other planet where there are made to last twice as long ?

I'm curious as to why the selling member hasn't commented here in defense of Himself.

@ romogracie Yes I will help you out free of charge for any work that needs to be done to get your laser working correctly, someone else is paying for the parts though ;)

It's really amazing how crappy Sparkles' customer service has been after I spent over a half hour in the cold testing all of his lasers with my Kenometer Pro and paid him in cash.

I also forgot to mention the Cottonpicker's charger he included was busted and the spring in the tail cap wasn't even soldered down, making it really easy to lose.

You should get your money back!! Then buy from another member who stands by their work!

I doubt I'll ever see my money back. I asked Sparkles if he would do an exchange for another 1.9W unit if I paid him another $30 to help cover repair costs. When he refused, I asked him how much exactly he wanted to repair the diode or driver. He has since ignored me.

Since he has made such an outragious claim I would even go so far as to call for a ban on him if he dosn't replace the diode

Tbh he should be banned for this. Not only his outrageous claims, but his horrible customer service as well. When he claims you can run it NON-STOP for 80 min which isnt even possible with a rogue diode (at least without active cooling), then it kinda shows just how clueless he is.

jakeGT

I just checked the first post of his sales thread, he's got pics of one being metered and claims to have had several metered. This doesn't mean all of them are that powerful, obviously, but it does give some merit to his claims. He shouldn't really state their power without testing all of them, I agree.

He edited that into their, after having a member meter the ones he had left. And he wasn't claiming 1.7W, he was claiming 1.9W on every single one with aixiz glass

He never metered the first 11 he sold, so those people , if they do not have an lpm, could have had 1W one's for all anybody knows, and who knows there at 1.8A? he could have set them at 1.9A, and that's why the OP's laser died in ten minutes of use. I have ran my 2d mag I had for 5-8 minutes straight, and the focus knob was the hottest part, heatsink and host were room temp.

Fact is, the seller was wrong, made false claims, and should stick by what he says. If he is selling 1.9W lasers that have 80 minute duty cycles, EVERY SINGLE one should be 1.9W with an 80 minute duty cycle as he claims

Kevlar

This rings of DAoO

Ah man, I hope not, but I have to agree with you Jeff.

I've been following his sales thread etc... It's not only the false claims and customer service that bothers me. It is my understanding that people don't sell lasers in mass for profit if that laser is sold already by another member. Doesn't Jayrob sell this exact host/heatsink/driver? I know Jay doesn't sell it with the diode or a completely working laser but AFAIK it's pretty damn close.

Well, I guess that's why Jay hasn't said anything, because it is a complete laser but I think this seller is unethical to say the least.

anselm

Let's see how he handles these issues (power output claims, warranty) from now on.
IMO, if he handles them in a satisfactory manner (satisfactory for his clients, not his wallet)
he should be allowed to stay on the forum.

If he keeps the shady (if not downright false) advertising and the "make-a-quick-buck"
attitude, then I'd say :banned: without remorse!

I believe in second chances.

I believe in second chances but only when they are deserved like if it was a mistake but it wasn't he was making false claims in order to make money and I'm not interested in his bottom line I care about the health of this board and you should also !
Were you around when DAoO was here scamming people he got a second chance and look what happened he ripped people for 1000's
No I don't think it's a good idea to give rip off artist a second chance as Kevlar has pointed out this is not even his designe he isn't smart enought to do that he had to use someone elses design JAYROB's and I find that's like a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
Nope I don't think he deserves a second chance I think he will only end up bringing down bad things on this board and none of us here that care about this board want to see that !

Let's see how he handles these issues (power output claims, warranty) from now on.
IMO, if he handles them in a satisfactory manner (satisfactory for his clients, not his wallet)
he should be allowed to stay on the forum.

If he keeps the shady (if not downright false) advertising and the "make-a-quick-buck"
attitude, then I'd say :banned: without remorse!

I believe in second chances.

Last edited: