Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Fasttech 50mW 532nm Build!!! *Pic Heavy*

IsaacT

Fasttech Module Build in Aurora Host!
Birthday: 3/21/2013

Hello everyone!

So over spring break my Host and Heatsink came in for my Fasttech 532nm Module that I bought, for those who haven't heard about these check out this thread by awillis who found them: Fasttech Module, and this one by Blord: Fasttech Module 532nm.

So I of course had to make one! Who can refuse a 10 dollar 532nm module? Well not me! But after seeing how everyone was having to put up with the module sticking out, I knew I had to plan ahead. So I looked around the forum and found a couple of builds where the heatsink covers up the module. Namely, I saw Jayrob's Aurora SH-032 Kit. If you haven't ever seen it, definitely check it out! He and Flaminpyro do a SOMEWHAT similar heatsink for this Host and I think it is absolutely brilliant. Now, for reasons financial I ended up getting my heatsink made by Mrcrouse. He has done good work for me in the past, and he made me a good deal on the machining work.

Here is a Pic of the Host+Heatsink
IMG_0511.jpg

So, parts in this build:
1 x Aurora SH-032 Host+Heatsink+Dilled Out Pill via Mrcrouse(THANKS!!!)
1 x Fasttech 50mW 532nm Module via Fasttech(HERE)
1 x Cheap LED Flashlight....like 3 bucks. I murdered it for it's extra-long spring! :evil:
Total cost was very reasonable....exceedingly so in fact.

I am having a slight alignment issue with the beam coming out of the Fasttech module on this one, looks like about 5 degrees. Not much but enough to be noticeable if I am not holding the laser. Anyway, here are pics:

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

Anyway, that is all! Hope yall enjoyed my pictures and whatnot. I would estimate it is running at 60-70mW. It can poke holes in thin black plastic but that is about it....I may order an O-like 200mW module and swap 'em out.

Thanks for looking!
Isaac

Last edited:

Alright that's it No more cookies or cup cakes for you if your going to buy your heat sinks from some one else :mad: Not really JK

Why should me or Jay care where you buy your heat sinks from it's a free world, you silly guy, you can take that disclaimer out if you want :crackup:
I'm not even sure what you mean with the counter bore statement :thinking:

Last edited:

sinner

Those beam pics are quite amazing :gj: wbs !!

Last edited:

IsaacT

@Flaminpyro, thanks. yeah I didn't think there would be any problems but you never know. And I have ZERO intentions of rubbing people the wrong way. Especially machinists... :p

IsaacT

VG? I don't know what you mean? I am using a small Fog Machine I picked up at Walmart for 20 bucks 3 years ago. I am still on my original bottle of fog juice too haha.

sorry, meant vegetable glycerin, like used in the DIY fog thread... I think thats whats in your fog juice though...

Either way it looks awesome, I should have done this for my beam shots. I'll have to take more pictures sometime....

Last edited:

IsaacT

Bit of advice, if you do too much you get a really grainy end photo and the beams look very hazy. As long as there is a slight amount of fog in the air it makes the beams look solid but not hazy.

Very nice WBS! My FT 50mw is leaving Hong Kong as we speak! I'm trying to find a quick host for it. I think at this rate, I'll be putting it in my new SL C-6 kit for modules. I didn't realize it didn't come with a pill, and so, my 650nm stays homeless for now.

+1 on the build!

Just stuck one of these babies in an old WL E3 host. Sweet build! Awesome beam shots! +1

IsaacT

Thanks! And yeah, I have been trying to find you a website which sells the pill but Cajunlasers no longer sells them ( IIRC they used to....hmm :/ ).