Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Merged 445nm Pictures and Video Thread

Re: 445nm "sled" pics

Thanks diachi, I'm sure that your post will help everyone that gets one of these diodes.
POST #3000 WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT !!!
rob

Congrats!!! I'll be excited when I hit 100. ;)

Thanks diachi, I'm sure that your post will help everyone that gets one of these diodes.
POST #3000 WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT !!!
rob

All this 445nm madness is driving me nuts! I really want one :D

Im hoping to have one of these in an aixiz and "working" today. Wish me luck.

Here is the latest. Pics suck I know.

I extracted 3 diodes.

2722-img-0433.jpg

Pressed one , normal so far.

2723-img-0434.jpg

Shot it out to 5 FT .. OH DAMN its bery bright and very blue!!

2724-img-0436.jpg

Shot it out about 13-15FT and its still very bright and you can see the nice blue beam.

2725-img-0437.jpg

Oh and before anyone asks YES it burns bigtime.

it is multimode, but when you focus it , its not as long as lets say an 808nm diodes output. It's reasonable, this is with an aixiz acrylic and a 405g-1. mA to mw seem to be 1:1.

More pics , hopefully better ones soon.

So you didn't even use the lens that is in the projector?

Does that diode have a FAC lens installed? I've never heard of a can diode with a FAC lens...

Those pics don't look like a multimode diode with only a regular lens, is it possible this is not multimode like a c-mount or 9mm, but the other kind?

daguin

At what current are you running it?

Peace,
dave

Nope i havent been able to open up the metal aixiz nut yet.

No Fac from what i can see , just the window and the die behind it.

Is the dot round at 5 feet or is it square?

If it was a multimode it would look rectangular at a distance like that, its hard to tell in your pictures from the glare.

A FAC lens can be extremely small, it might very well be on the die and you wouldn't be able to see it.

I hate to get optimistic, but these diodes look really good! It might just be hidden by the spot, but they don't look multimode to me!

So you didn't even use the lens that is in the projector?

Does that diode have a FAC lens installed? I've never heard of a can diode with a FAC lens...

Those pics don't look like a multimode diode with only a regular lens, is it possible this is not multimode like a c-mount or 9mm, but the other kind?

It's very likely that since this is the lower powered version of the projector these diodes have a shorter stripe which gives lower divergence all around.. I've considered getting the higher-powered version for the group buys, but based on pictures I've seen of diodes from each model, the "lower powered" diodes appear to have lower divergence. This is not based on firsthand knowledge, so they could also be exactly the same. Time will tell...

Here is the raw output @ 5FT, right now the aixiz module is the heatsink so run times are low because it does get warm.

2726-img-0438.jpg