Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Barrels V2. GB. Second run. Kryton Groove

Zom-B

Re: Laser Barrels V2. GB. Second run. Kryton Groov

Ken, Any idea on the availability on these things? Can new orders resume or do you still have to figure out how many you will have left after this?

Kenom

I still need to figure availability.

Kenom

Contacted Aixiz today and apparently they think my order of lenses shipped today.  Hopefully they are not giving me the run around like they do with so many other people and we will get lenses soon.  I'm not looking forward to packaging these all up and sending them off since there's soo many individual parts and peices that need to be put with each barrel. (more work, but I knew I'd have to eventually)  

I'll give a breakdown of what all comes with each of these barrels (not including any batteries or chargers you may have ordered.)

Barrel comprising of tail section, battery compartment, head
clicky switch
retaining ring
spacer ring
lens
7 different colored aperture caps
3 different colored tailcaps
driver: comprising of 9 individual components I must hand sort and bag. or lava flexdrive
Spring for connection from driver to battery (kinda short on these as my local hardware store only carries so many so if you don't get one, pull one from a spare ball point pen)
rubber inserts.

artix

Kenom said:
Contacted Aixiz today and apparently they think my order of lenses shipped today.  Hopefully they are not giving me the run around like they do with so many other people and we will get lenses soon.  I'm not looking forward to packaging these all up and sending them off since there's soo many individual parts and peices that need to be put with each barrel. (more work, but I knew I'd have to eventually)  

I'll give a breakdown of what all comes with each of these barrels (not including any batteries or chargers you may have ordered.)

clicky switch
retaining ring
spacer ring
lens
[highlight]6 different colored aperture caps
3 different colored tailcaps[/highlight]
driver: comprising of 9 individual components I must hand sort and bag.
Spring for connection from driver to battery (kinda short on these as my local hardware store only carries so many so if you don't get one, pull one from a spare ball point pen)
What colours?

daguin

Artix said:
clicky switch
retaining ring
spacer ring
lens
[highlight]6 different colored aperture caps
3 different colored tailcaps[/highlight]
driver: comprising of 9 individual components I must hand sort and bag.
What colours?
[/quote]

Lots ;)

Hey, Kenom . . . . Have I mentioned lately that you are a crazy man?

Peace,
dave

Good hell dude you hook us up. Thanks for the work!

Kenom

LOL, well once I found a source for the aperture caps it was literally $.35 a cap, so I splurged and got 300 of this color, and 150 of this color, and what the hell, lets get 7 different colors.
DSC00154.jpg

I'd like to announce that I'm going to be doing an opinion poll for the next run. I'd like to see if folks are more interested in a AAA sized Kryton or a C-mount Kryton. Side button or rear button. Things like that. Please vote as your opinion counts on what's going to appear for the next run.

Holy hell that's a lotta caps! ;D :D

artix

Kenom said:
LOL, well once I found a source for the aperture caps it was literally $.35 a cap, so I splurged and got 300 of this color, and 150 of this color, and what the hell, lets get 7 different colors.
DSC00154.jpg

I'd like to announce that I'm going to be doing an opinion poll for the next run.  I'd like to see if folks are more interested in a AAA sized Kryton or a C-mount Kryton.  Side button or rear button.  Things like that.  Please vote as your opinion counts on what's going to appear for the next run.

AWESOME! Next run I'd want the C-mount Kryton (Kryton C: yes, no?)

A side button version would be pretty cool especially if it is a toggle button. Having a "drop-in" module for mounting board and springs and stuff for the module would be pretty cool too, but I don't know if that'd have to be custom-made too.

How many CR123As fit in there (couldn't find it in the description)? About this new driver by Dr. Lava: What input voltage does it require? Is it current adjustable?

Spyderz20x6 said:
How many CR123As fit in there (couldn't find it in the description)? About this new driver by Dr. Lava: What input voltage does it require? Is it current adjustable?

By new driver,I assume you're talking about the ones made for these barrels? They are a properly designed version of bluefusion's board and have a TRUE 1v dropout voltage, as opposed to say, rkcstr's driver which needs 1v + 1.25v (reference). This means that a blu ray can be fully run off 2 li-ions.

2 CR123A batteries will fit in there, I think the new flex drives are similar operating to the older ones.

c-mount kryton would definitely have to be the c-ryton ;D

Zom-B

I thought it was 2x 16340 (or something) or 3 CR123A, and because the 123 is a bit smaller in diameter, it wobbles around. (Nothing that can't be fixed by a roll of paper on the inside of the barrel)

hey gus dont you mean cry-ton :'( that c-mounts going to be bank lol