Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kenometer Pro and USB screenshots and build updates

Kenom

figured I'd show you all what we've developed so you all can see what is comin down the pipe on a very short while.

Kenometer pro
CIMG0501.jpg

CIMG0497.jpg

CIMG0500.jpg

Enclosure that will be used
DSC00020-1.jpg

DSC00021-1.jpg

DSC00022-1.jpg

DSC00012-2.jpg

enclosure specs
6.299" x 3.779" x 2.382"

for those familiar with the original Kenometer, here is a size comparison
DSC00026-2.jpg

The Kenometer Pro is a culmination of a lot of hard work from Mario, Things, and I and have produced a spectacular laser power meter. Totally microprocessor controlled with 128x64 graphical LCD, the Kenometer Pro, is the ultimate in Hobby laser power meters, with a professional power meters attitude but not the price tag! On-screen graph, peak, current, min, and average power is displayed at all times on the LCD. The graph is set to record at a specified by you time frame and displays on screen.. In continuous monitoring an Analog meter is show in place of the graph that is ACTUALLY FUNCTIONAL.

Connect the Kenometer Pro to your PC and graph to the software. Print your graphs. Use it as a selling point. "Was measured on a Kenometer Pro!" and include the printout with the laser. View the peak, current, average, and minimum on your pc live!

As with the Kenometer USB, the Pro is a spectrally flat thermopile sensor that is capable of reading 300nm-1500nm without any adjustments. Reads from 1mW-5000mW and is Calibrated against a Coherent LabmaxII-TO.

Kenometer pro comes with a sloped enclosure with a battery compartment for charging the included 14500 batteries. Thermopile connects via a coiled, shielded wire with an easy to remove plug.

Kenometer USB

No screenshots of this as it's all software based

The Kenometer USB is a USB only laser power meter. Connect it to your PC and launch the software execute a macro and you will be able to graph and view live the results of lasers shined onto the laser power meter. The electronics are enclosed in a small 2"x1"x2.5" enclosure with a mini-USB port on the side and a wire going to the sensor. Plug the included wire into the enclosure, hook up the thermopile sensor and go. Power is drawn from the USB buss. Sensor is spectrally flat. Meaning you can measure from 300nm-1500nm without any factoring or adjustments based on wavelength. Can read from 1mW-5000mW. They are calibrated against a Coherent LabMaxII-TO laser power meter.

Last edited:

Re: Kenometer Pro and USB screenshots

Now that is awesome , It has definitely come a long way Kenom.

Some incredible work there Kenom ! Very interested to see the finished product, especially that USB meter. Sounds pretty interesting/impressive. I'm am sure others are wondering as well so I guess I'll ask. What's the price range going to be on each ?? Keep up the good work man!

Reactions: ARG

Kenom

Very good question.

Kenometer Pro $450 *(will have a limited time offer for cheaper to the first 10 buyers)

Kenometer USB $250

Ken looks like you done it again, and thanks also to Mario and Things for there help this looks like it will be a very good meter, I love the computer tie in, will we be able to mail or PM the graphs ?

Pyro...

Kenom

Essentially the software allows for snapshots that can be saved as jpg or you can directly print it

Very nice software.

I'll have some videos in a short while actually showing a meter in action.

Also in response to some queries about the cost of the Pro version. This is comparable to a professional power meter which is over $1000. It's not going to look like some shabby project box thrown together. We're getting the things silkscreen printed and everything.

Last edited:

drlava

*Claps* Good work, you three. You pulled it off and it looks like something to be proud of!

Reactions: ARG

Well Ken... I must say that looks impressive...
Can't wait to see a finished product... Might even get one...:whistle:

I'll wait for the actual finished product prices... as I know the
costs will inevitably change by the time you have a tested and
finished product.
(been there.... done that..;))

One small suggestion.... I would get a Flat or Textured finish on the
new slopped enclosure rather than that Highly reflective shinny finish.

And I see that you Finally have taken the Sensor Head out of the
interior of the enclosure... Good Move.

Well done on your new LPM.. More choices for the masses..:cool:

Jerry

HIMNL9

It looks as Ken want to start making concurrence to Coherent and Ophir, almost ..... j/k :p :D

BTW, it's going in the right direction for give a very good unit, imho ..... just one suggestion, if you permit ..... in the graph screenshot, if the software allow you to change it, maybe a "line" (like a plot) instead than a "solid bars" graph, may result more readable, and looks more "professional" (nothing to say against solid graphs, it's just a feeling ;))

Good idea also the analogic scale simulation, that for some "old" users may feel more instinctive :)

Trevor

Great work; I'll have to keep this in mind when I go to get a meter! :beer:

-Trevor

roosl

Dang! Decisions... USB... UI... Price...
:undecided:
Laserbee or Kenometer...
Kenometer or Laserbee...

jaycey

Couple of great products there, well impressed!

figured I'd show you all what we've developed so you all can see what is comin down the pipe on a very short while.

Kenometer pro
CIMG0501.jpg

CIMG0299.jpg

CIMG0497.jpg

CIMG0500.jpg

Enclosure that will be used
DSC00001-2.jpg

enclosure specs
6.299" x 3.779" x 2.382"

for those familiar with the original Kenometer, here is a size comparison
DSC00002.jpg

The Kenometer Pro is a culmination of a lot of hard work from Mario, Things, and I and have produced a spectacular laser power meter. Totally microprocessor controlled with 128x64 graphical LCD, the Kenometer Pro, is the ultimate in Hobby laser power meters, with a professional power meters attitude but not the price tag! On-screen graph, peak, current, min, and average power is displayed at all times on the LCD. The graph is set to record at a specified by you time frame and displays on screen.. In continuous monitoring an Analog meter is show in place of the graph that is ACTUALLY FUNCTIONAL.

Connect the Kenometer Pro to your PC and graph to the software. Print your graphs. Use it as a selling point. "Was measured on a Kenometer Pro!" and include the printout with the laser. View the peak, current, average, and minimum on your pc live!

As with the Kenometer USB, the Pro is a spectrally flat thermopile sensor that is capable of reading 300nm-1500nm without any adjustments. Reads from 1mW-5000mW and is Calibrated against a Coherent LabmaxII-TO.

Kenometer pro comes with a sloped enclosure with a battery compartment for charging the included 14500 batteries. Thermopile connects via a coiled, shielded wire with an easy to remove plug.

Kenometer USB

No screenshots of this as it's all software based

The Kenometer USB is a USB only laser power meter. Connect it to your PC and launch the software execute a macro and you will be able to graph and view live the results of lasers shined onto the laser power meter. The electronics are enclosed in a small 2"x1"x2.5" enclosure with a mini-USB port on the side and a wire going to the sensor. Plug the included wire into the enclosure, hook up the thermopile sensor and go. Power is drawn from the USB buss. Sensor is spectrally flat. Meaning you can measure from 300nm-1500nm without any factoring or adjustments based on wavelength. Can read from 1mW-5000mW. They are calibrated against a Coherent LabMaxII-TO laser power meter.

I'm little confused now.is the sensor of the USB kenometer attached on?are you load the USB on the computer and there is a sensor on the USB and shine the laser on?pics would be appreciate.

Kenom

One small suggestion.... I would get a Flat or Textured finish on the
new slopped enclosure rather than that Highly reflective shinny finish.

Jerry

I'm actually having the aluminum plate silk screened with graphics and button labels.

just one suggestion, if you permit ..... in the graph screenshot, if the software allow you to change it, maybe a "line" (like a plot) instead than a "solid bars" graph, may result more readable, and looks more "professional" (nothing to say against solid graphs, it's just a feeling ;))

We tried the Line and it just wasn't possible with the knowledge we possessed. The line was the way I had originally wanted it. Oh well. Sacrifices have to be made sometimes.

Last edited: