Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

If You've Actually Received Your Spyder III Arctic - Post Here

Tick

Well I've officially canceled my arctic.

How did you do it, and how long did it take to come off your credit card? I sent in an email a couple days ago (with a specially formatted subject line, according to what I read from another member here and in an autoresponse from Wicked), and nothing's happened yet. I'm just wondering how long I should wait before I contact my credit card company.

ppctx

This is one of mickey threads.
I should only guess it was deleted.
remember- the forum may delete your posts - but google watches over all of internet! :pop:
dude this CACHED in google search is just freaking awesome!
here is your guide:
How to fix the "rectangle beam" on your WL Arctic.
Hope it'll help - but it seems wicked also has its eyes on this forum, so it seems they have now fixed their lens assembly with some sort of epoxy - so it seems like it'll be a tough job doing what mickey did. it was indeed a good tutorial!
Good luck!

I just took my lens assembly out and it is different than the one he had in his. I'll post a pic of it when I get back from dinner. His tightening piece was on the bottom, mine is on the top along with the groves to remove the lens assembly. The threads on his are full length of the lens assembly; mine are only half the length of it and is able to move around a little once the epoxy is removed, hence probably the reason for the newer ones getting epoxied.

Dammit, my eyes are burning again.. I think it’s all in my head though as this was all ~20 feet away and on dark, non gloss surfaces. Wish I would have just left it alone but I cant help but to dick with things.

Well I've officially canceled my arctic.
-Paid for it 2 months ago when it said IN STOCK
-2 months later I have no laser in my hands
-Now I keep hearing reports about horrible problems and QC issues with the arctics
-Still not the slightest indication of when the G2 model will be done
You blew it wicked. I think I'll be getting a spartan from DL:p

Smart move, I'm doing the same. It obvious that Wicked Lasers is a sham of a company and just lies about everything. There is no point in dealing with them. I'm sure they invested all of that money they for from the 2 month out purchases and drew interest off the money in the bank. What A-Holes.

How did you do it, and how long did it take to come off your credit card? I sent in an email a couple days ago (with a specially formatted subject line, according to what I read from another member here and in an autoresponse from Wicked), and nothing's happened yet. I'm just wondering how long I should wait before I contact my credit card company.

I was smart and cancelled mine before the rust of cancellations started pouring in so I was refunded in 48 hours and had email confirmation in 1 day. Good luck now though, Wicked will just dodge and ignore your emails and calls until they ship you your substandard laser then they will reply with a tracking # saying it already shipped, too late.

I just took my lens assembly out and it is different than the one he had in his. I'll post a pic of it when I get back from dinner. His tightening piece was on the bottom, mine is on the top along with the groves to remove the lens assembly. The threads on his are full length of the lens assembly; mine are only half the length of it and is able to move around a little once the epoxy is removed, hence probably the reason for the newer ones getting epoxied.

Dammit, my eyes are burning again.. I think it’s all in my head though as this was all ~20 feet away and on dark, non gloss surfaces. Wish I would have just left it alone but I cant help but to dick with things.

I once viewed a 200mw green laser and that made my eyes itch for like 2 hours. Never again without goggles.

IMG_0974.jpg

^updated
ps: taken using arctic

Razako

I sent them this email today and got a response saying that my order was canceled about 1 hour later. Also I got a statement from worldpay saying that my money would be refunded.

Use this format

You must use subject:

Cancel order XXXXX

where XXXXX is your 5 digit order number. You must send it to sales@wickedlasers.com. I repeated the subject in the body, and did not add anything else. Good luck !

ppctx

Different design's. Can anyone put manufacture name to the lens?

Mine
be6d055a.jpg

9ed41b1f.jpg

c3f60340.jpg

ad79867e.jpg

d3a9a2f1.jpg

a0d0b3d7.jpg

bb1cc419.jpg

60330854.jpg

d014702f.jpg

Mickey's
dismantle6.jpg

dismantle5.jpg

Heleno

wow!
this is big news..
different lenses!
great...
maybe they are better lenses? maybe WL is working on better quality beam? maybe it is a good move to order a G1 now?!
anyone?
regards!

^^ It looks like the AixiZ Half threaded nut lens but the AixiZ half threaded nut doesn't have the slots on the sides like the arctic lens. So i dont think its the same but looks close.

Last edited:
wow!
this is big news..
different lenses!
great...
maybe they are better lenses? maybe WL is working on better quality beam? maybe it is a good move to order a G1 now?!
anyone?
regards!

More than likely it's like almost everything else made in china. The design changes weekly as they go through suppliers trying to use the cheapest possible parts they can get.

I know the tank007 hc-128 flashlights i've been disassembling, i've come across 4 different 'pill' styles so far... and I only got 6 lights..

Heleno

it resembles - yes... but not quite..the rubber band (washer) is also missing...
i don't think WL would be using Aixiz thou.... just doesn't fit very well... and besides - why would they bother doing these slices to the sides? not only that, but we've seen wicked drilling holes before - i don't think that they would have done it so nicely - it seems like they handled/received these lenses already manufactured like that... therefore - they might not be THAT specific aixiz above here..... but it really looks like it!

Last edited:
I meet with AixiZ Dr Chuck tomorrow-- he talks to SteveWL often--I will quiz him about the lenses.. back with the info then--hak

ps
I do know that WL is not gettng the lenses from AixiZ but may be getting them from the same China source.

^^ beat me too it LOL. Your quick:crackup:

I will add that they could also ask for a slight different design.:)

Heleno@ The washer looks like it has been removed but seem like there is a place for it in the Arctic lens.

ZapU

Just checked mine, it's the new design also. Maybe that's why we are getting
1.33 mRad.

DSCF1743-1.jpg

I'm new to this, but I haven't seen a post about it. At the lens the beam comes out as a line. If it is positioned vertical - | -, it goes to an almost perfect circle at 3-5 feet, then it turns horizontal __ .

And what is the winged "spray" in this pic? It's there with the lens cap on or off.

DSCF1745-1.jpg

Mine has the same Assembly and it SUCKS...Mine does not fit the threads correctly, so that it has slop in it.:scowl:

Coherent:

ppctx

Mine has the same Assembly and it SUCKS...Mine does not fit the threads correctly, so that it has slop in it.:scowl:

Coherent:

Did it have epoxy in it when delivered to you, if so, dab a bit back on. If it didn't put a little epoxy in there. Simple fix to a simple issue.

I wouldn't say it sucks, just not perfect.

It only had the epoxy on the retaining ring not on the whole deal. I gonna try a different solution. I will post what I did if it works as expected.

Coherent: