Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

If You've Actually Received Your Spyder III Arctic - Post Here

Re: Arctic: Spyder III: Review

Thanks, I looked for a bit but couldn't find it, not used to books of faces :na:

Edit: Comment on the video from facebook "that works because the colder that electronic components are, the less electrical resistance they have so more power will go to the diode"

Last edited:

Kenom

Wow, I cannot believe they are linkin to my vid. Hahah.

Only because it shows over a watt heh. If it had shown 400mw.. I doub't they'd have linked to it then. lol.

ill do a review of my arctic g1 soon (they are replacing it with the g2 they were supposed to give me...... good thing is nomatter what, i got it for 30 bucks (shipping) the whole thing was free with wicked bucks so im a happy laser enthusiast..

great review btw. i like reviewing stuff so ill do one too lol
i dont plan on buying any more lasers without wicked bucks. Hopefully i can get enough bucks ot buy and sell arctics or fusions to allow me to buy from other companies like cni

Re: Arctic Spyder 3 Review & Slight Comparison **VIDEO**

great vid awesome pics. very nicely done.

Mine arrived OK -- Appears to be a G-1. It looks good so far and I will make my review when time allows. The beam seems a slightly different color than my HM445 at the same power but that may be just me.

HMike

I have noticed this as well. The arctic beam in my case seems to be of a much higher wavelength and produces a distinctly "bluer" beam.

I think what we are seeing is the ~+-10nm wavelength variation typical of these and blu-ray (GaN) diodes.

However, in the case of blu-ray that wavelength difference generally only resulted in a higher apparent brightness due to the nature of near-UV lights interaction with our eyes.

In the case of these diodes and their central wavelengths positioning well within the visible range, the marked wavelength variation seems to result with distinctly differently "coloured" beams.

ZapU

Mine arrived today. :takeit:
Order #489xx from June 14. Shipped July 30.

Everything seems OK, no dings or scrapes. Only problem is the LED charge lights only flash for a moment when you push the ON button.
Took 1.5 hrs to charge battery, 4.20 volts charged. Battery is 65 mm long. A protected battery will be a tight fit. Longest run today was 15 minutes. Battery was 3.65 volts at end.
Temp at lens cap got to 98 degress, room temp 83.
It will smoke wood and burn through plastic bag instantly at 20 ft. Don't have a LPM, but I'm happy with the power.

I am so happy I cancelled my order early and got a refund. Thanks for the reviews everyone.

I am so happy I cancelled my order early and got a refund. Thanks for the reviews everyone.
my arctic is falling apart. when i turn it on, i'm not sure if it will actually turn on... but if i knew what i was getting when i ordered it, i would not have canceled.

my arctic is falling apart. when i turn it on, i'm not sure if it will actually turn on... but if i knew what i was getting when i ordered it, i would not have canceled.

Really? So even if you knew how crappy it was you still would have purchased it again? Why? :wtf:

Really? So even if you knew how crappy it was you still would have purchased it again? Why? :wtf:
its hard to explain, theres just a feeling when its sitting in your hands. granted if i cant get it going i'm sending it back and getting a spartan but its gonna have to be really bad before i do that. also, i like the host :D.

Finally got my laser in my hand. I see no dents or scratches, no dented box. Have a nice retangle dot, shined it at a tree 50 or so feet away, without my laser glasses, man it's bright, even shined it into the sky. Nice bright beam. Light a match 6 feet away, but need more time to try my laser, only had 10 mins, or so to try it out.

I did read where some hosts don't even get warm. Mine does. I am happy with mine, so far I am anyway, notice the tailpiece needs to be tight, else you don't get good battery contact, so far, no problems people have reported, lots of thermal grease though and has the black piece over the lens.

Did not use the battery that came with it, have 3, so have 2 fully charged, so tried one, battery lights work, charging the Arctic battery that came with it now. Love the host, but people are not kidding, the host is heavy, feels nice in the hand. One piece of advice I will give to anyone, before you put the battery in your Arctic, put your glasses on first, and don't point it near your face.

I put my glasses on before installing the battery and was accually on, put the battery in and the laser turned on. so lucky I decided to wear my glasses before installing the battery.

Last edited:
meatwad got his...
IMG_0972.jpg

I notice videos show it as a blue beam, but with your eye is more a purple colour.

W4NX

Mine just arrived, got the battery on the charger. The light immediately went red so I'm taking it as a good sign, though I'll place an order tonight for a better set of batteries and maybe a new charger just in case. My extra glasses and lens pen made it in the same package, planning to buy some real glasses very soon. Maybe I just have a large skull but has anyone else found wicked's glasses uncomfortable?

I'll edit later if anything interesting develops, waiting for full charge before I turn it on.

EDIT- Tested. Very bright, nice tight rectangular beam. G1 of course.

I do find it ironic I emailed them yesterday about canceling my order and right as the laser arrived I get a response saying they are forwarding the request to sales. 10 minutes later someone else responds with my tracking number, thanks a lot, Wicked.

Last edited: