Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

If You've Actually Received Your Spyder III Arctic - Post Here

Seems the beam in the Arctic has varied, or looks varied in some lasers, some look more retangler at this distance, some look more square, may accually have a good one. Since the Spartan would be of higher quality I am thinking I accually have an Arctic with the beam as it should look for this Diode?

So looks like I have a typical beam for this type of laser and well focused. I am not touching my lens that's for sure.

ZapU

Seems the beam in the Arctic has varied, or looks varied in some lasers, some look more retangler at this distance, some look more square, may accually have a good one. Since the Spartan would be of higher quality I am thinking I accually have an Arctic with the beam as it should look for this Diode?

So looks like I have a typical beam for this type of laser and well focused. I am not touching my lens that's for sure.

I took my lens apart and played with the focus. The picture you have is exactly where I set mine. That's as sharp as it gets.

Cool then WL accually must have taken the time to get mine focused right, or they are getting any future ones focused right, so they may accually have fixed any focus problems. Would be interesting to see if other later Arctics are like this focus.

I meet with AixiZ Dr Chuck tomorrow-- he talks to SteveWL often--I will quiz him about the lenses.. back with the info then--hak

ps
I do know that WL is not gettng the lenses from AixiZ but may be getting them from the same China source.

UPDATE--
Met with AixiZ Chuck today= as i thought WL gets none of thier lenses from AixiZ- Chuck says WL would like to get them from the same China source but they cannot. Chuck had to do some arm twisting in order to get his glass lenses made.

He also mentioned that WL Steve had promised to send him an 'Arctic' sample but never did. AixiZ is working on a C*sio diode based ready to use module, glass lens- new driver wired for EZ builds,pre-set to C*sio specs.

and the beat goes on.....

Wonly

Well i got my arctic 2 days ago after cancelling it 2 weeks ago and getting a charge back, i decided to play with it to see if it was worth the money. First thing i noticed was the switch to turn it on is broken...its always on (unless you push and hold it in.) Had some really good beam pictures for the first 2 days/nights of it then last night when i was outside with it the beam disappeared and the dot became very faint, figured the battery was dieing/dead so i recharged overnight. Then this morning i tried it again full battery and still the same weak dot. I took the battery and laser to radio shack to test the battery and they said it was fine and the laser shows the battery full. I'm last as to what i should do with it if it was good i would consider keeping it but with the quality they just sent me theres no way i would keep this or buy a new one.

Well i got my arctic 2 days ago after cancelling it 2 weeks ago and getting a charge back, i decided to play with it to see if it was worth the money. First thing i noticed was the switch to turn it on is broken...its always on (unless you push and hold it in.) Had some really good beam pictures for the first 2 days/nights of it then last night when i was outside with it the beam disappeared and the dot became very faint, figured the battery was dieing/dead so i recharged overnight. Then this morning i tried it again full battery and still the same weak dot. I took the battery and laser to radio shack to test the battery and they said it was fine and the laser shows the battery full. I'm last as to what i should do with it if it was good i would consider keeping it but with the quality they just sent me theres no way i would keep this or buy a new one.

I'll take it off your hands for the cost of shipping. :whistle:

ZapU

wow!
this is big news..
different lenses!
great...
maybe they are better lenses? maybe WL is working on better quality beam? maybe it is a good move to order a G1 now?!
anyone?
regards!

Maybe we should call the G1 Artics with the updated lens the G1a. Seems to have cured the divergence issues of the early ones.

I recieved mine but it is not as powerful as i thought it would be... it doesnt even burn paper at super close (less than 1 foot of distance) range. Any ideas, battery?

ZapU

I recieved mine but it is not as powerful as i thought it would be... it doesnt even burn paper at super close (less than 1 foot of distance) range. Any ideas, battery?

Unscrew the lens cap and try it without it.

Well mine has now crapped out, going this morning, tried it this afternoon and only the slightest blue beam, can hardly see it. Tried taking the pin out a few times, still not fixed the problem. Was going great for 4 days, now a pile of junk.

Don't like the chances of claiming a replacement as WL never answer your emails.

Wonly

same thing happened to me glad im not the only one, however i cancelled mine so i didnt pay for it this was a pile of crap im going to just send it back to them and then make my own like i had planned to do

Well they don't seem to answer emails, so how can they gaureentee a replacment. Maybe I will also send mine back with a letter

Has to be a driver/electronics issue. We know the source of the diodes (casio xj-a130 projectors) and we know many people have been driving them a LOT harder than 800mw without issues. It seems unlikely to me that it's the diodes that are are failing, unless WL's harvesting methods are damaging them.

Wonly

Just ordered the diode and host so hopefully i will be able to get assembled without too much error will have to spend some time in the how to section

same thing happened to me glad im not the only one, however i cancelled mine so i didnt pay for it this was a pile of crap im going to just send it back to them and then make my own like i had planned to do

Why not use the Arctic host. It's cool and will look good if you build one using the Arctic host.

Wonly

Why not use the Arctic host. It's cool and will look good if you build one using the Arctic host.

I dont know how to take it a part and i dont think i have the tools to do it, Ive recently (1 year) been on my own in the military so i have nothing as far as tools go