Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

if you do not like a member, use the "ignore" feature

anselm

Hooray for that. I really recommend this!
I have already PLONKed two members I consider to be mostly trolls.
It makes the forum experience so much smoother.
Why get into arguments when you can simply ignore them?

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
+rep for using the ignoring usage. yup its as simple as that. we might be on the internetz here but u can ignore ppl with the ignore feature. ignore for the win, fight for the loss

ignorasaurus wrecks

HIMNL9

Sorry for disagree, but i never used the ignore function from the forum.

First, cause also if there are users that i don't like, sometimes i can always learn something from some of their posts, and second, cause if there's an user that i don't like, i don't need a forum function for ignore him, i just do it myself.

I mean, it's internet, after all ..... one can troll me and call me names, if he want, but is really difficult that i get offenses from this (i always considered the stupid figure that i can do, getting offended and starting to act violently and call peoples by names and threating them ONLINE, and this always made me avoid this ..... and also, say to someone to try to punch my nose through their DSL connection, if they can :p :D)

And, also in case i get offended from something extremely stupid or gross, is easy enough, after a trial for understand what happens, to just ignore and don't reply .....

Last but not least, i can feel "offended" (relatively speaking ;)) from someone from a good-faith mistake that he can have made, and if i ignore him, how can i know the following actions and understand if that was a mistake or an intentional trial to offend ?

But, maybe, is just cause i'm used from old times, when all these "mood helpers" functions was not available, and we had to manage our mood ourselves :p :D

Last edited:

anselm

Try it, you might like it.
You can always show the ignored posts with one click of a button.
So you find yourself clicking, "lets give him another chance"...
But you quickly notice that showing those posts is a waste of time.

It just saves me time and is easier on my nerves in the long run.

Also, I'm currently only ignoring TWO members out of, let's say, 500-1000 active members.
I don't miss them at all. ;)
They never really had anything useful to say in the first place.
Or maybe their manners are so lacking that whatever useful
they have to say gets drowned between all the insults, so just "talk to the hand".:D

Last edited:
Very wise words. I'd + rep if I could.

Ed

Sorry for disagree, but i never used the ignore function from the forum.

First, cause also if there are users that i don't like, sometimes i can always learn something from some of their posts, and second, cause if there's an user that i don't like, i don't need a forum function for ignore him, i just do it myself.

I mean, it's internet, after all ..... one can troll me and call me names, if he want, but is really difficult that i get offenses from this (i always considered the stupid figure that i can do, getting offended and starting to act violently and call peoples by names and threating them ONLINE, and this always made me avoid this ..... and also, say to someone to try to punch my nose through their DSL connection, if they can :p :D)

And, also in case i get offended from something extremely stupid or gross, is easy enough, after a trial for understand what happens, to just ignore and don't reply .....

Last but not least, i can feel "offended" (relatively speaking ;)) from someone from a good-faith mistake that he can have made, and if i ignore him, how can i know the following actions and understand if that was a mistake or an intentional trial to offend ?

But, maybe, is just cause i'm used from old times, when all these "mood helpers" functions was not available, and we had to manage our mood ourselves :p :D

Sorry for disagree, but i never used the ignore function from the forum.First, cause also if there are users that i don't like, sometimes i can always learn something from some of their posts, and second, cause if there's an user that i don't like, i don't need a forum function for ignore him, i just do it myself

:beer: Same here, but it's a good feature to keep things civil at times, although I think curiosity overwhelms the desire to use it....for most people.....such as myself :D

As far as Trolling goes if You don't respect the Troll'er then what ever they say has no merit in my opinion.

ped

Also the ignore feature can be, and often is rendered usless by any member simply quoting the person on your ignore list, you can see what the person typed in the quote..and people often asked to be quoted, so the post gets seen by the "ignorer".

Pointless.

It would be handy to "autoignore" new members until they make a welcome section post.
From my experience they are usually only here for 10-20 posts max and everyone is dumber from hearing what they have to say ^_^
I was a complete idiot when I came to the forum. Well, I might still be a complete idiot but I know a couple of things about lasers now ;)

^^^It seems that some of them come here to ask a question and have an attitude that everyone here is stupid, refuse or are to lazy to do a search and are insulted when you answer them or are just trying to sell something like their arctic. When they get what hey want they leave. This will probably never change, the ones that think they know it all are really annoying to those of us who do.

The WL fiasco is what brought me here and LPF kept me entertained while I was laid up. I learned some things and had a few laughs and even made some friends to chat with, since moving to Utah I have no friends since I am not Mormon. At least I can come here and chat with you guys and put in my 2 cents weather it be helpful or not and nobody cares what church I go or don't go to.

All I have to say is thanks to all of the members that have made me feel welcome here and I hope LPF never goes away.

I hope everyone has a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

:beer:Giorge

daguin

I ran through the forum with a machete this evening :wtf:

Remember, having a disagreement with a member or two is NOT a failure of the community.

Place the member on your ignore list. Step back. Go fishing.

I did :D

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
I ran through the forum with a machete this evening :wtf:

Remember, having a disagreement with a member or two is NOT a failure of the community.

Place the member on your ignore list. Step back. Go fishing.

I did :D

Peace,
dave

Fishing is a great way to calm down, that and quad riding! :D:D:D

I find a spud gun with a beer and a few good friends around a campfire can help ease your temper ;)
(mine will lob a golf ball over 900 yards with the new barrel insert)

jakeGT

What if a forums member trolls you, harrasses you, and negative reps you on every post you make, literally as soon as it is possible for him to do it again, and you have had him on your ignore list since day 1? just take the abuse lying down? Just let the negative reps pile up, even on good posts?

Hypothetically speaking of course, i have many on the ignore list.

EDIT: ADD:

I also think it is wildly wrong that you can have them on your ignore list, and they can still see what you post, post on your visitor page, and rep your posts, and you can't see reps from them if they are on your ignore list.

Is there anyway possible to make somebody on your ignore list, not have access to any of your profile, posts, etc. etc.

Last edited: