Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

if you do not like a member, use the "ignore" feature

I like this thread.

Hey Laser,

You were complaining last time since people gave you negative rep for "necro-posting" but you are doing the exact same thing. I would recommend deleting your post since(as has been said before) many people get irritated when a user posts in an old thread without giving it something valuable.

-Alex

Reactions: rhd
This thread is meant to stay up on top, I think a bump to the top of the stickies is appropriate, hardly a necro if a sticky.

Last edited:
It's a sticky it doesn't need a bump. And even then it's still not considered good etiquette unless you have something serious to add.

Last edited:
why did you just add to the thread, is it now not necroing?

Last edited:
I joined in support of LP, in case that is not already obvious, but you all are a bit tight on things here, politeness is appreciated but at the same time, I think adding to a sticky is not necro'ing, in my humble opinion which is obviously different from others here.

I joined in support of LP, in case that is not already obvious, but you all are a bit tight on things here, politeness is appreciated but at the same time, I think adding to a sticky is not necro'ing, in my humble opinion which is obviously different from others here.

True, but it's still a useless post to increase post count. But in all honesty I didn't notice it was a sticky at the time I posted that

No harm done. That's why I didn't initially neg rep or anything it just was intended as a polite reminder. We get so many newbies that do this it's quite tiresome, so it's cracked down on hard here.

Reactions: rhd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser Project View Post
I like this thread.
Hey Laser,

You were complaining last time since people gave you negative rep for "necro-posting" but you are doing the exact same thing. I would recommend deleting your post since(as has been said before) many people get irritated when a user posts in an old thread without giving it something valuable.

-Alex

ahhh you DO know who the OP is RIGHT Alex?
no such thing as needless bumps when the OP is the boss- this is one of those threads that needs both sticky AND a bump-
red rep for minor crap is as bad as the offence or worse-

I found this 'ignore' to work fine for me- only needed one time -

BUt I do NOT like any troll telling me i NEED to ignore him-
It can, and has gotten some banned-

hks dos centavos solo

Indeed. I think I've only given a couple red bars my entire membership. And only to obvious trolls or in return to someone who gave me a bar for no reason. A polite reminder or an ignore is usually best.

And as for the thread... No wonder it doesn't show up as a sticky. It's not, just labeled as one. Which is why it needs a bump per se...got it! I'm used to real stickies that show up with that tag in the clickable directory title bar.

Last edited: