Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I am starting to feel not welcomed.

I would appreciate constructive comments on this post if possible, not negatives again.

They are not mutually exclusive. If you were expecting something more along the lines of "we appreciate your curiosity with respect to illegal activities and your willingness to try them on your own while putting yourself and others in danger and giving a bad name to the devices we work with, and you are a very special individual, but we feel you might better off spending your time with more productive and heart-warming activities like knitting, petting kittens, volunteer work at soup kitchens..." That's probably not going to happen too often around here.

It is easier and more effective to say "cut that sh:)t out. It's against the law." Adapt to the community; don't expect it to adapt to you. If you honestly don't see the problem with threatening to commit an illegal activity even after we explained to you it was illegal, you're gonna have a bad time here.

Last edited:

The community is open to you on the hobby level, to participate (get info, give info), share pix of your builds, talk about lasers in general.
i suggest you take advice in this thread and just relax a little and try to start fresh.

Michael.

I see that I am not making myself clear, I am NOT looking to sell anything sice I have NOTHING to sell, probably if you took some time reading the starting post you would not have answered with an "apples and oranges" type of answer.
I was trying to BUY a laser, and helping some comunity member that might be making some extra money from the sale, and not just go online and buy it from a store...

i knew i had some constructive comments. you are the one that needs to do the reading. You keep saying how mature you are, act like it.

michael.

Gun

You dug your own grave here :/

If you want any chance of re-gaining a good reputation and have people respect and sell lasers to you then I recommend being extra nice, don't ask about anything illegal, stop saying that we're all so immature and that you're so much better because you're older and...get a new avatar; one without a watermark ;)

Last edited:
I can only suggest to do what I did. Spend a month reading the forum before opening your mouth. You cant just crash a community and expect to be loved, and respected. If you want to part of any group you have to adapt to the group. They dont have to adapt to you. This applies to any social organization.

A mature person would know this. :beer:

Last edited:

norbyx

Well as far as buying lasers I am basically done, just would like to have 2 more and that's it. In the last week I spent over $1000 in just buying lasers and accessories from other forum members, so I don't think I am a scammer. As for the comunity well let's just leave it as it is, I will try to put some effort in adapting and being nice, and as soon as I gain some experience I will try to help others ( as for now I am the one in need of help).
Lets just be friends again....

Reactions: ARG

Gun

Well as far as buying lasers I am basically done, just would like to have 2 more and that's it. In the last week I spent over $1000 in just buying lasers and accessories from other forum members, so I don't think I am a scammer. As for the comunity well let's just leave it as it is, I will try to put some effort in adapting and being nice, and as soon as I gain some experience I will try to help others ( as for now I am the one in need of help).
Lets just be friends again....

Agreed.

Did you just request for your rep to be wiped or something? I didn't know you could do that.

Look, man..It's like this. You never made a welcome post. You never once mentioned if you learned anything or whether the community was valuable in any way. You didn't come in armed with knowledge, use the search function well, nor did you read the stickies (you should have in every section you participated in). And, finally, you asked a ridiculous question pertaining to a felonious act (A question easily answered on google).

So, you got your hand slapped. Call the WAAAmbulance! Before this thread, I don't know that you ever made a single positive or contributory post.

I'm a fu@king scumbag atheist as$#h0l3 who would f*c! this forum up with all sorts of $h!tty filth and whatnot if I wouldn't be banned for it. BUT, if you read my posts, you will see that every question I've ever asked was asked after research, carefully thought out, well worded, and finally, I thanked everyone in advance for any help they might offer.

I joined only a little over 2 months than you did. And there's a reason I have nearly 5000 positive rep points. This is not bragging. I worked to contribute to the community. I was polite and gracious with my questions and answers. And finally, I never once pitched a hissy fit because I was a temperamental, impatient, and obstinate jacka$$.

With all that being said, I do hope you become a member in good standing with the community. By all means, ask reasonable questions. Even if you don't know more than where someone can get a heatsink, if you see someone asking, answer. Be friendly and be patient. I don't want anyone here to have a bad experience; Even that guy I really cannot fuc41ng stand! lol

Last edited:

daguin

Agreed.

Did you just request for your rep to be wiped or something? I didn't know you could do that.

No. It just looks like someone with some pretty strong rep power gave him some positive rep

You can check the rep comments and from which post it was awarded by visiting the member's profile and clicking on the rep tab
My screen doesn't show who gave it
Your screen might
Mine used to :/

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

ARG

Agreed.

Nah, I just sent him a +rep (I didn't know I would wipe away all his red with one rep)

Some new members get off on the wrong foot, and norbyx has made amends.

Last edited:

norbyx

Well thanks for the positive rep. I really wasn't asking for such a thing opening this thread but I appreciate it for sure.
Anyhow I will try to take everyone's advise in consideration and will try to be a usefull member on this forum obviously when I can.
Thanks you all....

Things

As Sig said in a previous post, this is a hobby you need to be kinda cautious about. You may think people were a bit harsh about your first thread involving cameras, but you need to realize there ARE people that DO actually do this sort of thing, and it's part of the reason why our hobby is so restricted.

Your first post came off as a bit like "Hey, I wanna shine lasers at cameras like the other idiots and get the hobby even more restricted". If instead you just wanted to know what would happen, you should take a bit more care with wording so it doesn't come off that you actually want to try it.

Fair enough if English isn't your first language, but you will find people are very forgiving here and can usually decipher what you're trying to say, however what people don't like is idiots with lasers. If you come off sounding like an idiot, people are going to flame you. It's part of the hobby - people are already on edge trying to protect their hobby.

If a new member comes on and says "Hey, what would happen if I shine a laser at a airplane?", you can guess what the responses would be like.

You can think of your first post kind of like testing the water. Now you know that it's best not to bring up topics involving illegal activities with lasers (Even if it's not really considered illegal in your country). Most members go through this stage, everyone will end up making a post that hits a few nerves at some stage. The best you can do is just learn from it, and move on. If you show that you are trying to be (safely) an active member of the community, your rep will sort itself out, like it already has.

Last edited:
My personal rule is to be overtly nice. Members are much more tolerant when others are humble. Reading what you are going to post is a must.

Most certainly sir... having said that, who would like a massage?

Gun

I'm actually a little confused to how the whole rep system works, is there a thread explaining it? Is it the more rep you have, the more rep you can give?