Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How old are we?

How old are we?

• 13 and under

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • 14-17

Votes: 127 24.1%
  • 18-22

Votes: 129 24.4%
  • 23-30

Votes: 101 19.1%
  • 31-40

Votes: 79 15.0%
  • 41-50

Votes: 46 8.7%
  • 51-60

Votes: 29 5.5%
  • +60

Votes: 12 2.3%

• Total voters
The opposite is quite true too... I think many (not all!) who disagree on here vehemently at times would get along quite well in meeting.

I've recently moved into a different age bracket :-/

Davidx

63 this month. 14-17 biggest group.?!?
Now I feel prehistoric. :).

"Getting old is an honor and privilege denied many"

Gun

Gun where have you been? You were gone a whole year and came back and posted in one thread and have been gone since for almost 10 months. Stay around awhile unless you're loosing interest in lasers (a rare thing to happen). Welcome back.

Thanks! :) I was going to make a 'return' thread but I'm unsure how long I'll actually be back for. I'm busy with other things, and my interest in lasers is fading away somewhat, especially because of our strict laser laws. However I still do I enjoy seeing everyone else's collections!

CDBEAM777 I took you for in your low 30s. Humph.
It's good to have a diverse age group.
Im 27

Well....Ya know...I have a very young sense of humor !!! And....I have had the " Coherent Bug " one hellava long time !!!!
In about 1992....I got my first " Pointer ".....It was purchased from...Midwest Laser Products. It was called the " Spot "....and was a 5mw @ 660nm LD as the coherent light source !!! Very lame in the visibility department....but it was a hand held....just imagine the mayhem I caused with that little ditty.....remember....red spots where not seen anywhere at this time !!! Sure had fun with that unit !!!!!

I remember it was several hundred dollars !!!...about 7" long by 1" OD. It had rechargeable batteries....and was the first pointer I ever owned....and may have been the first diode pointer commercially available!!!

Well...in the 23 years since then....we have come a long way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can only imagine where we will be in 23 more years !!! MMMMM ?????

Now....were'd I put those Lithium Crystals ????? Shit....the damn cat is playing with them !!!:eg::eg::eg::eg::eg:

OH...and see you now below a personal pic/message from my hero....Doc Brown !!!

Attachments

• DocBrown  endorsement  with text 3.jpg
    DocBrown endorsement with text 3.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Depends on what I'm doing, when I'm holding a 800mw 532nm pointer in my hands I'm a kid again....

APEX1

Depends on what I'm doing, when I'm holding a 800mw 532nm pointer in my hands I'm a kid again....

I would have to say the same thing as Alaskan lol i don't no of a better feeling other than getting an AR or shooting a 50cal BMG. :drool::thinking::gun:

Youngster, don't cry for being older, cry if you know you won't make it another year :p

SELEM brings all ages together- its amazing.

laserman121 was only ~14 when he came to SELEM 5+ years ago-
he was only allowed to attend if his folks came with.( LEMs are inherently dangerous)

but I would say that there are fewer youngins' at SELEM proportionally to membership here - same with the average age 'over there'- I have truly enjoyed meeting > 100 forum members at LEMs ( with one exception)- something that would not likely happen otherwise.

Hi Dag, all these young guys have no idea what's down that looong road buddy, We been there and done that they can't even fathom what we seen or accomplished . Oh almost forgot and things we forgot ...

Rich :). 56 years young and still kickin butt..

47 and I don't know how the hell that happened.
I seem to have lost a decade and a half somewhere because I feel like I'm 30 something.
Well except when I first wake up, when I first wake up I feel like a dozen guys just beat me with sticks.

Last edited:
Hi Dag, all these young guys have no idea what's down that looong road buddy, We been there and done that they can't even fathom what we seen or accomplished . Oh almost forgot and things we forgot ...

Rich :). 56 years young and still kickin butt..

You can say that again, when I was younger I never imagined what the future may have in store for me. I have seen and done things that others wouldn't even believe, and I was able to stand where probably no man has been before. I once made eye contact with a grizzly bear from about 12 feet (they are to be avoided), I was once next to a huge avalanche with chunks of ice the size of cars falling from a glacier. My final hiking trip several years ago ended very badly and Snohomish county search and rescue saved my life. There have been several times that I was nearly killed. I could say more but why bother, the world is full of wonders and dangers that you can't imagine until you experience them for yourself. I am astonished that I am still alive.

Alan