Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How many times have you been on airplanes?

Commercial 6-8... Cant remember.

Counting private planes. Hundreds.

Jaseth

It must be about 200 times now.. but these days I am grabbing 10+ return flights every year for business and personal reasons, so in 5 years time I will probably be at around 300 flights.
I have never flown a plane myself, and I have only been in a "recreational plane" (skydiving and sightseeing) 6 times.

My close family is spread across 5 countries, and most of my friends are in 3 of those countries.

I quite like flying, but I dislike packing bags as I suffer slightly from OCD.

Last edited:

Grix

Lost count.

To those who said never: Seriously? How do you move around in the world?

i absolutely love flying...aviation career still up in the air...but i would have to say 40 to 60.... lets see atl. to houston to cabo san lucas 6 different times atl to coasta rica 3 times....atl to cancun springbreak like 5 times and lots ofchattanooga trips to tamp st pete / south fla. lots more but i gotta run love me some traveling...4sure

eexe

Just 4 IIRC, and all of them more than 10 years ago :yh: I prefer busses and cars for travelling around Europe.

Roughly 50+ I visit my parents at least 3 times a year abroad + other holidays n stuff

I have been flying in commercial airliners alone since I was 5, to and from granny's every summer ^_^
Did a milk run from Brisbane that worked out to 50 hours of actual travel time with no sleep. Travel agent got an earful over that one...
I love takeoff but landings are the best part.
I am usually just behind the wing and as a random sound occurs on landing (or preparation for landing) you make an innocent comment "oh good, that loose piece of airplane that was flapping around is gone now. It was getting pretty annoying"
or comment on the forces involved with the landing gear and the likely result of a blowout at these speeds.
You can get pretty creative ^_^
Private planes are boring unless:
A. You can fly
B. close enough to the ground you can enjoy the scenery
C. it is a very short flight
A buddy of mine has a 4 seater heli, he has taken me around to explore the trapline and that is a lot of fun.
I have also had to deal with helicopters on a yearly basis, I have done a few remote cabins and the only access is by whirlybird.
~ 16 trips by helicopter, usually under an hour/flight
*Those are more fun, you start playing out scenarios like what would the pilots' reaction be if you slammed the collective down without warning :crackup:
Now they make me ride in the back :(
Some people have no sense of ha ha

HIMNL9

In all my life ? ..... 4 times, when i was 18 ..... and all the 4 times, i was sit on pilot seat :p :na:

It was a mini-fly-course that aeronautical army division offered for free to school students, in the trial to interest them in joining the army in their squads, but without any obligation about this point, so i took the offer with some others ..... after all, was free theorical and practical lessons, and two weeks with no school, so :p :D ..... and, being sincere, there was an instructor in the near seat, all the 4 practical lessons (they have not left us pilot the airplanes alone, don't know why :whistle:), but it was funny the same :D

I am usually just behind the wing and as a random sound occurs on landing (or preparation for landing) you make an innocent comment "oh good, that loose piece of airplane that was flapping around is gone now. It was getting pretty annoying" .....

ROTFL :crackup: ..... your attitude remember me the one of my instructor, that time ..... he had the "good" abitude to show you how to make a certain manoeuvre (as example, place the airplane in transverse falling or wingslide), ask you "all clear ?", and when you reply him "yes", say you "go back in the path now", suddenly left the cloche and looks how do you manage to return in the horizontal path alone, without preadvise :p :D

Last edited:
i fly about 4 times a year. between work and vacation. i rarely have a direct flight. and sometimes for work i fly there and drive back.

michael.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I've been 15 times. 14 (including all stop overs and round trips) on commercial jet planes, and once on a tour of the city here in Ottawa in a single engine Cessna.

jakeGT

im working on getting my private pilots license so, couple hundred? with me flying, and i've solo'ed so ive flown by myself. plus 20-30 on commercial jets

Hundreds and hundreds for me between military aircraft and civilian work. I used to fly 2 to 3 times per week all over the country. It got old really quick. I'll be flying four times next week to fly to Photonics West and back.

100's of times in civilian commercial aircraft, and just a few times as an untrained co-pilot in a Cessna. The Cessna had one close call that turned out alright. And one commercial flight, flying through a cyclone in India that was diverted to Pakistan due to severe turbulence. Made it back to India Ok though, landing in New Delhi. :D