Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How many times have you been on airplanes?

About 100, about half in the military. Also, my uncle had 2 small planes, I believe we logged 30 + flights in just a few days. He also allowed me to fly land and take off, as he knew I had quite a bit of knowledge of flight. I love flying. :) -Glenn

Benm

I havent kept track really, but its at least several hundred legs, perhaps closing in on a thousand if i count those as a child too. At some point flying just becomes like taking a bus with extra complications... no point in starting to keep count now ;)

I'm only 18, and about 25. My dad is Air Force 20 years, retired, so while he was still in the game we flew a lot. Also my real mother lives across the country, and grandmother in a whole other place. so in the span of one month, took 6 flights. Including connecting flights.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
probably around 100 to 125 times

i prefer sitting in the very back of the plane,window side (even over first class lol)

also i like turbulence (its fun), takeoffs, landings

probably around 100 to 125 times

i prefer sitting in the very back of the plane,window side (even over first class lol)

also i like turbulence (its fun), takeoffs, landings

Damn, lol. I've only flown once. It was to Las Vegas and we arrived at night. It was so amazing to arrive at nighttime and see all the lights and everything get bigger and bigger as we flew in. I also loved the feeling of takeoff and the small turbulence we had.

Edit: I guess I've flown twice with the trip back :p

Last edited:
I always get a seat in the very back. There are always 3 extra seats in the back for extra airline personnel, which are usually empty. So I jump on those, which gives me plenty of room to stretch out, or even take a nap. Less bumping around too.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
only downside of the back seat (it is rare that this occurs on a plane unlike a bus / train) is that the bathroom has poor ventilation

I like the fact I'm first in line for the snack cart. :crackup:

Only been on one plane with a rear toilet.

Things

I always go for the over wing emergency seating, that way you get more leg room :D Also get to watch the wing during turbulence and landing, how it wobbles around.

Not to fond of turbulence after my last experience - hit a dead spot just as we started descending, it felt like the plane literally dropped straight down a few metres. My vision actually dimmed out during that short time too.

HIMNL9

Hmmmmm ..... my preferred seat remain the pilot seat ..... "ladies and gentlemen, we're more or less landing, fasten your seatbelts and open your preferred prey books ....." :p :D :eg:

HIMNL9

This year we are going on a holdiday cruiseship............. ITALIAN cruiseship !!! :undecided:

Italian cruiseships are not worse than any other country ones ..... is the captain, that make the difference ;) (luckily there are not so much ones like "the one" that made all that mess :p)

I have taken the plane ~135 times approx, With many many stories, ones
good and funny, others less so.

One of those stories that happened in one of my trips and frightened many
people in the airplane, happened when the plane passed through a zone of
storm and one lightning struck one of the wings, I assure you that the noise
and light were impressive (it was night) and I assure you more than one
passenger had a little problem :toilet: :D

Lase

I've been on a plane a total of 6 times. It's stories like piferals that keep me safely on terrafirma. I hate planes :D

Lase

All I have is dirty plane stories, LOL.

One time my hand fell into my girlfriends lap. After a few minutes I see the old guy sitting to the right of me watching the show. I wait till he's really lQQking and I turn quick and give him a "MUHUHAHAH" with a big smile. He turned away so fast he almost fell out of the seat, LMAO. He grabbed a newspaper and covered his red face. I was laughing like a retard.