Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB: CNC'd Host + Driver for 40 Watt 460-465nm Laser Array

rhd

Here's a new revision, 3D printed. The new design keeps the array external, and makes for a much more natural feel in the hand. This was printed on low quality, with gray filament, basically just to get hand-feel right.

I'm going to make a few tweaks, and then print on a higher quality setting. I may even go nuts and find some silver paint to give a better sense for what a proper CNC'd host would end up like.

That said, I'm loving the feel of this new design. It's very reminiscent of sci-fi phasers.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 3d print v17.jpg
    3d print v17.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 3,302

Encap

Here's a new revision, 3D printed. The new design keeps the array external, and makes for a much more natural feel in the hand. This was printed on low quality, with gray filament, basically just to get hand-feel right.

I'm going to make a few tweaks, and then print on a higher quality setting. I may even go nuts and find some silver paint to give a better sense for what a proper CNC'd host would end up like.

That said, I'm loving the feel of this new design. It's very reminiscent of sci-fi phasers.

attachment.php

The new design is awesome!

Greetings,

That is looking extremely very good, :drool:
If not too late to be included in the GB, please add me to the list.

cheers,
Moe

Hell yeah that host looks amazing. I would definitely buy one if possible just not sure I'm allowed?

rhd

Hell yeah that host looks amazing. I would definitely buy one if possible just not sure I'm allowed?

This is still a very tentative GB, but it's fine with me if you want to participate. You just got irritated before because nobody wanted to volunteer to build something out of this host for you.... and that wouldn't change. If this GB goes forward, it would be strictly for the aluminum CNC'd host and a driver.

Building it wouldn't be hard, starlight! If you can solder wires from a diode to a driver you will be fine :)

This is still a very tentative GB, but it's fine with me if you want to participate. You just got irritated before because nobody wanted to volunteer to build something out of this host for you.... and that wouldn't change. If this GB goes forward, it would be strictly for the aluminum CNC'd host and a driver.

I never got irritated and would have gladly paid someone to help but help on LPF seems to be a thing of the past. Hell I was going to offer to pay for someone's host if they could help me with mine if I hit a bump in the road. You seemed dissapointed in your earlier post that not enough interest was in this. I want one

Last edited:
Building it wouldn't be hard, starlight! If you can solder wires from a diode to a driver you will be fine :)

That sounds good.
You can really throw alot of money at this hobby .. :D

Im already thinking about participating in this, after seeing styros video.
That beam is just so awesome!

I really have to think about it.

Hey just a curiosity: in the diode array the lenses make all the beams parallel one each another or they are slightly collimated in a kind of focus?

That's all then should be very easy, thanks. If my name makes the list then I'll know if I'm a part of this. Interested and ready to pay..

rhd

That might be a bit ambitious. It's going to be a tough / tight build, with creativity and problem solving likely needed. This isn't a kit, it's just a host and driver. It would be up to group buy participants to work out their build plans, and work around any challenges that come up.

This almost certainly won't be as simple as soldering some wires. That's not the goal, so I don't expect that to be the result.

Hello guyz .. take a look here:

In the second part the dude use a normal lens magnifier to collimate the beams. Very interesting.
But if You look closely, part of the beam is bounced back with a certain angle ...

Encap

Problem maybe?

I checked on availability of the diode array neeeded for this host from techhood and the ebay sale has ended and there is no current offer for the same array. The sale originally listed 6 pieces as being available. See: 455nm 466nm 28W 32W Blue Laser Diode Bank 8 Pcs 466nm 3 5W 4W Blue LD Inside | eBay

They were listed @ $719.99 so the build with laser array, host, and driver will run about $1000 total.

Members interested in doing this bulid should check with techhood to determine if they can get and make more of the arrays available?

Edit: Found a different supplier with better price $599 http://www.ebay.com/itm/NICHIA-NUBM05T-455nm-465nm-30W-High-Power-Multi-LD-Bank-Blue-Laser-Diode-/231578479453?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35eb272b5d

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the new link, this is a very good price.
I'm planning to buy an array next month. :beer:

Last edited: