Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FP Super 3 amp Test Load

There's lots of ways to make test loads. I'm not telling how I do mine here but I did tell FP!!!!! You won't toast this load with our present technology but TOMORROW is another day. Look where we have come through Reds ---- BR ---and now Blue @ 2 Amps. What's next in small portables? Nice work FP.

HMike

Nice ---- My Starwarz CO2 draws only 12 amps at 32 volts! This load is a good start LOL......
HMike

DTR

I did not see you had thrown up a thread on these yet. Awesome work man.:beer:

I have toasted more test loads than I care to admit with all my testing and building as Jeff could tell you.:eg: These will make my life much simpler. I can't wait to get mine.

Only thing this is missing is the built in meeter with a LCD readout.:D

Last edited:

LaZeRz

Actually that would be really handy, scrap the DMM :eg: it reminds me of cottonpicker's (i think on cpf :thinking:) mini charger powered by a usb port with a voltage meter on it :D

Last edited:
I'm waiting till everone get's one of this model then I'll make em with a LCD readout :crackup: JK
Not a bad idea though maby I should make a couple and see how it goes but now we will have a put battries in our test loads :whistle:

I did not see you had thrown up a thread on these yet. Awesome work man.:beer:

I have toasted more test loads than I care to admit with all my testing and building as Jeff could tell you.:eg: These will make my life much simpler. I can't wait to get mine.

Only thing this is missing is the built in meeter with a LCD readout.:D

DTR

but now we will have a put battries in our test loads :whistle:

Could you use the incoming power on the test load to run the LCD and calibrate the readings accordingly for the mA the LCD is using?:thinking:

Here is the little LCD displaying voltage for the mini usb charger. I would think something like this would work great.

p1015828.jpg

Last edited:

Tonga

Jeff these are what we need, man you do it again these are beautiful;)!!!:bowdown:!!!

Thanks David for saying so I do try to provide what the members need ;)
life is so much easer if you have the right tools to work with :D

Jeff these are what we need, man you do it again these are beautiful;)!!!:bowdown:!!!

Received mine the other day, and I'll tell You this baby is well built!! Kudos to Jeff for producing these Awesome test loads.:thanks:

Jeff A+ man, however it took quite sometime to get through all the tape and bubble wrap.:crackup:

I'm waiting till everone get's one of this model then I'll make em with a LCD readout :crackup: JK
Not a bad idea though maby I should make a couple and see how it goes but now we will have a put battries in our test loads :whistle:

I gotta say, I really like that idea. An all in one option with a meter built in. If you make one, shoot me some pricing in PM. I want! :D

Trevor

Two things to consider about an onboard LCD/LED display:

1. Will having an unregulated reference voltage skew the accuracy of the readout?
2. Will the presence of the display skew the driver setting?

It's a really cool idea to be sure, but I think you'd have to have an at least relatively regulated voltage source for it. At that point, it might pay to just use a DMM. :p

-Trevor

Hey Jeff on these test loads I have a question. If the load has the switch will it work for reds as well?