Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Final Stage: Battle Royale

Lookin' Good CDBEAM!! And Yes, Fun is the operative word :D

~ LB

OrA little progress !!!

See the pics below of the Combination Optics. Two (2) 50 mm EFL Thor Plano Convex focus lenses, One PBS on a Flexmount and One Prism Mirror on a Flexmount.

With the extra time, this build has once gain returned to being fun !!! THANX !!!

As I have rambled on about B4...This build....and any new build ALWAYS has unseen surprises. Like driving a car, at night, on a road with curves. The car headlights ONLY point ahead.....and do not see the curves coming ( Most cars).

SOooo....if you look at the pics closely....you will note the PBS+mount and Mirror+mount are not yet secured. The Mirror mount will be no problem...as the foot extends past the Prism profile. A short 6-32 bolt will engage the foot and enter a threaded hole on the Ally plate.

AH...but look at the PBS....it is a 10x10x10 mm cube and it extends OVER the foot geometry...Mmmmm ???? How to secure this to the Ally plate ??? From the top ??? Or...Perhaps secure it from the bottom up ??? A small obstacle yes....but....just one of many, many obstacles to go over, around or thru !!!! I will likely use a 6-32 flat head machine screw....UP from the bottom....with a locking washer and nut to clamp the foot to the plate.....didn't see this one coming !!!

Anyway....Just a little progress entertainment.....so you can see this....ever so slowly, moving at the speed of a glacier.... unfolding, still moving build.

:thanks::thanks::thanks: for your patients.....Pass the " Value added Eggnog" !!!!!!

CDBEAM=======>

A final note on the optics combination area of the Lawgiver ll....I ended to using the 6-32 flat head machine screw for BOTH Flexmount units. See pics. One must drill and tap for a 6-32 bolt and counter bore so the flat head can lay flush with the bottom of the Aluminum plate. In this way, the bolts extend up and is tightened into the Aluminum plate. The Flexmount foot can then be attached to these bolts.

This counter bore also needed to be done with the 8-32 bolts used to secure the lens holders. This then allows the Aluminum plate to be flat against the 1/2" main heat sink plate.

Seems as though each area /sub-assembly has demanded a series of solutions...mechanical, electrical, thermal or optical.

With the pics...it is easy to visualize the future beam path...Two beams...one goes straight thru the cube...the other hits the prism mirror....takes a left 90 degree turn....and enters the PBS on the right side of the cube. The beams combine in the middle of the cube....and both beams exit the cube....forming a + shape. The Flexmounts are the key here...for they deliver precise pitch and yaw adjustability. That adjustability is what delivers a combined beam.

Anyway...enough " Infomercial " Blah, Blah for beam combiners !!!
CDBEAM=======>

Attachments

• IMG_2203.JPG
    IMG_2203.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_2202.JPG
    IMG_2202.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_2201.JPG
    IMG_2201.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2210.JPG
    IMG_2210.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Excellent work CDBEAM!! The optics are most impressive as is your attention to detail :worthy:

~ LB

Thanx LB !!! Optics are a DEMANDING TASKMASTER INDEED !!!! Just one reason these type builds take so damn long !!! When you hurry...you screw up !!! even when you go slow....sometimes...YOU SCREW IT UP !!! :shhh::shhh::shhh:

I will continue to provide " BUILD TV "....as progress dictates !! Stay tuned !!:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

CDBEAM=======>

I'm planning on doing some preliminary testing with buck topology tonight. It depends how I feel when my
fellow building occupant finishes watching the Turtleman.

Lawgiver II status....Basically waiting on the Lazereer Drivers. Progress is ongoing for this driver per Angelos. Good things happen to those that wait !! haha

See the final pic of the optics area....with mounting slots to provide some degree of lens positioning adjustability !! It is ALWAYS good to have adjustability....even though the downside is that things may loosen up....and need to be re-adjusted....BUT...that is the cost we pay !!

Happy New Year !!!

CDBEAM=======>

Attachments

• IMG_2215.JPG
    IMG_2215.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Patience !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Waiting on the diver from Lazeerer !!!

The Lawgiver WILL live...but NOT until the new driver is available !!!!!!!

Consider that another build just went Poof !!! NO...not at the cost of a C-Mount !!!

The build will continue when it is safe to drive these units !! To me....that only makes sense !!

CDB

Attachments

• White-backed-Vulture-face-and-neck3.jpg
    White-backed-Vulture-face-and-neck3.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 170
I could not agree more. I hate to loose a diode >$50, nevermind one of those c-mounts

image.jpg1_zpsozbwwpgt.jpg~original

Last edited:

IsaacT

Haha I had forgotten all about this thread. I also sold my C-mount diode I purchased. Still wish I had had a chance to build it though. Something about 5W of 650 piques my curiosity.