Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Final Stage: Battle Royale

Please do let us know how the Lazereer unit works for you as I'm sure there are others here looking for a good small "C" mount driver ;)

I have used the P3 driver B4...AND IT WORKS GREAT !!!!! It is a trusted driver over at PL. While TOO big for your typical HH....it would be NO problem for the Lawgiver II.....That said....

I will still wait for the Lazereer Unit. Angelos has a great working knowledge of the nature of this C-Mount...and C-Mounts in general...Especially concerning the area of internal Soft Start. AND...I feel that when pushing these units at higher powers....like 4.25A....it would be WISE to provide the C-Mount the MOST... mmmm ??? " C-Mount-friendly " driver properties.

My bet remains on the Angelos driver specifically designed with these C-Mount units in mind. I will wait !! Christmas is comming !!! HO HO HO !! I have used a construction practice that makes use of an Aluminum sub-plate....which is in turn...is bolted to roof of the Lawgiver II Component Box. ...." Easy off-Easy on " principle!! It will be easy to change-out drivers !!

SOOooo...standby...we are on the final stretch !!! Depending on what Angelos recommends....I MAY be able to drive these @ 4.25A each...whenever the latest generation C-mount driver is available....And considering loss for optics....punch out somewhere in the 7W range. That is my goal....and ....possibly... for a short time....be " King of the Hill " at the 650nm line.

CDBEAM=======>:san:

@ Rick: Sorry to hear of your loss Rick.

Last edited:
Well, there have been some developments taking place behind the scenes. To make a long
story short, the underdog is barking once again.

I have finally been able to obtain my very own LAZ-650-C. Big Red is going to happen guys!
And along with that an all new 5A driver.

So it seems the LAZarus project has been resurrected from the dead. And to my
:angel:benefactor(s):angel:, whomever they may be, :thanks:

Might be able to use this I know it's expensive, but would be unique as well.

I have tried this with the more efficient 380mA chip but stacking them could get you where you need to be then slaving them to a board with modes if preferred.

Last edited:
what 5A driver ? And has some one tested it out on the 5w diode?
I would love to find one that will work and has been tested !!!!!!

Well, there have been some developments taking place behind the scenes. To make a long
story short, the underdog is barking once again.

I have finally been able to obtain my very own LAZ-650-C. Big Red is going to happen guys!
And along with that an all new 5A driver.

So it seems the LAZarus project has been resurrected from the dead. And to my
:angel:benefactor(s):angel:, whomever they may be, :thanks:

I expect a few of you are wondering....What happened to the Lawgiver ll ???? Well....progress is still being made !!!
I have had some technical difficulties...plus the Holidays and work are interfering !! Also...I am waiting on the New Lazereer High Power Driver, designed specifically for this C-Mount....with ALL the features to provide the best possible characteristics for safe operations of the LD. I did and continue to feel that this is the best path to follow.

Please accept my apology for the slow progress...but...it is the best course of action.

Merry Christmas !!

CDBEAM=====>

Attachments

• grinch 3.jpg
    grinch 3.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
That's good to hear that progress is being made :beer: Holidays, work, Life period, gets in the way of projects sometime :) As it should, which is why this is a Hobby :thinking:

You CDBEAM are a builder of the Highest Caliber!! As is your Opponent and Most Worthy Co-Contestant the Honorable Mr. Jimmy of the One Eye!!

We can only do the best we can with what we have at that moment. Maybe Christmas can be open to the Forum to play Santa ;)

Both contestants are of course free to openly discuss where they are at, in regards to their personal projects and what is the "Dream" scenario in terms of hardware, drivers, etc. or "Software" ie; technical know-how to overcome challenges , circuit design, other forms of Arcane and Mystical Electrical Knowledge, which honestly are beyond Me :eek:

Any Forum Member can help "publicly" or "privately" that is totally cool and Members are free to do so. Gifts can be sent via Paypal or credit can be setup with Forum members who are Vendors, even Gift Certificates, etc. could be extended if and when people may have a little extra here or there to contribute. Knowledge is an equally valuable currency and I'm sure fully appreciated.

It would be Swell if the process could be public, and this become a resource for the forum, but I am not the one competing and it is also totally cool that Magicians should be free to keep their "Secrets". :cool:

I think the Judges should know what and how things are set-up and working though. Just my Opinion. The Judges know what they need to determine a winner.

Huge thanks to Master Wizard Lazeerer!! for putting so much personal time and effort into helping both contestants and for working so hard on a Driver for these unique Beasts :beer:

If the Final Epic Showdown ends up being a New Years Gift to the Forum that's just as good :)

~ LB

Last edited:
Thank you LB for your words of understanding. I have and will continue to be very transparent in my knowledge gained in this build. I DO have several suggestions to catalogue and present...and will do so as the build continues to unfold !

Thank you to all that have helped guide my steps and tollerated my ups and downs. THIS has proven to be the most difficult build I have done...and sometimes, my methods have been flawed in the pursuit of perfection.

CDBEAM=======>

Slow and steady is the way. Every time I get in a hurry with a laser diode something goes wrong. I'm in
no hurry with the LAZ. It will not so much as see a power supply until the LASORB is installed. It has
been safely tucked away inside of its carrier since the day it arrived. I advise everyone to else to do the
same. It's not coming out of there until we are both good and ready.

Most welcome CDBEAM! :beer: This is definitely undiscovered country, and the occasional mis-step is to be expected :) All part of the journey. Most excellent of you to share it with us.

Thank you Lightning Stalker for sharing your journey as well. I think you and Wolfman's builds are favorites as well and we all look forward to seeing these new Beasties tamed and presented :D Curious to see the LASORB installed. Have been curious about it since Meatball first posted the link :thinking:

~ LB

I'm still not sure exactly how I'm going to install it, either. It should preferably be soldered directly onto
a diode, but there is no safe way to do that on a C-mount. Spot welding would work, but it's difficult in
copper and carries risks of its own. That would be another whole project of itself. It will probably just
end up going on the driver board due to space restrictions and thermal issues in the diode area.

After testing with some other C-mount diodes, it looks like the runtime is going to be quite good due to
the large thermal mass and surface area, even with no active cooling. This could all change though
once the LAZ is actually mounted in there. It all depends on the actual efficiency curve.

This one was a screw up. The final piece may actually be a bit smaller.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Heatsink Diode.png
    Heatsink Diode.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 280
OrA little progress !!!

See the pics below of the Combination Optics. Two (2) 50 mm EFL Thor Plano Convex focus lenses, One PBS on a Flexmount and One Prism Mirror on a Flexmount.

With the extra time, this build has once gain returned to being fun !!! THANX !!!

As I have rambled on about B4...This build....and any new build ALWAYS has unseen surprises. Like driving a car, at night, on a road with curves. The car headlights ONLY point ahead.....and do not see the curves coming ( Most cars).

SOooo....if you look at the pics closely....you will note the PBS+mount and Mirror+mount are not yet secured. The Mirror mount will be no problem...as the foot extends past the Prism profile. A short 6-32 bolt will engage the foot and enter a threaded hole on the Ally plate.

AH...but look at the PBS....it is a 10x10x10 mm cube and it extends OVER the foot geometry...Mmmmm ???? How to secure this to the Ally plate ??? From the top ??? Or...Perhaps secure it from the bottom up ??? A small obstacle yes....but....just one of many, many obstacles to go over, around or thru !!!! I will likely use a 6-32 flat head machine screw....UP from the bottom....with a locking washer and nut to clamp the foot to the plate.....didn't see this one coming !!!

Anyway....Just a little progress entertainment.....so you can see this....ever so slowly, moving at the speed of a glacier.... unfolding, still moving build.

:thanks::thanks::thanks: for your patients.....Pass the " Value added Eggnog" !!!!!!

CDBEAM=======>

Attachments

• IMG_2189.JPG
    IMG_2189.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2191.JPG
    IMG_2191.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2192.JPG
    IMG_2192.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 100
  • JdREDd As Built Optical Path way Underside View OPW-8.JPG
    JdREDd As Built Optical Path way Underside View OPW-8.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
has some one got a small driver work over 3600ma? if so send link thanks

Rick.....Lazereer is working on a driver specifically for the C-mount....and I am sure it will run the LAZ-650-CM safely. The final size and current has NOT yet been determined....last I was told.

I WOULD WAIT FOR THIS !!!! Just my opinion. :):):)

I know of NO other option at this time.

CDBEAM=======>:eg::eg::eg:

Last edited: