Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DragonLasers 589nm "50mW" - Very displeased so far (LPM: 7mw to 24mW)

That completely sucks. Someone should make this a sticky so that anyone on the fence about buying from them can see what "wonderful" customer service they offer.

joeyss

Wow this thread makes me sad. I guess greed is getting to them. Honestly has anyone here who wanted yellow thought of combing red with green? I know it can be hard to align but would be cheaper and possibly even much faster than going through this crapshoot.

Edit: I know it has been done before , but why not more?

Last edited:

mfo

Wow this thread makes me sad. I guess greed is getting to them. Honestly has anyone here who wanted yellow thought of combing red with green? I know it can be hard to align but would be cheaper and possibly even much faster than going through this crapshoot.

Edit: I know it has been done before , but why not more?

That's my next project. I'm already getting a host in the works.

joeyss

You know it would be cool if you made something that let you turn the current to the red or green down so you can change from green to yellow green to yellow to orange and than red.

You know it would be cool if you made something that let you turn the current to the red or green down so you can change from green to yellow green to yellow to orange and than red.

...wat?

No, seriously. You do know this is a DPSS single-frequency laser he's talking about right, not a mixed red+green unit, yes?

joeyss

o_O I wasn't aware of that. People can actually make those without special tools and stuff?I heard they were hard as @#$% to make cause of both the poor efficacy and the more complicate wl conversion.

Last edited:

Trevor

o_O I wasn't aware of that. People can actually make those without special tools and stuff?I heard they were hard as @#$% to make cause of both the poor efficacy and the more complicate wl conversion.

Er, you need a very specialized facility and must be highly skilled in photonics. Dunno about the special tools though. :p

589nm = SFG with 1064nm and 1319nm. It's ridiculously difficult to produce. :)

-Trevor

This sucks for the topic starter..

I also am a very unhappy DL buyer!
And switched to Laserglow.

Dragonlasers hulk ultra 400mw = CRAP
-First one having ratteling head and died on me.
-second replacement has a split beam TEM01.
-crap packaging / service.

Laserglow Hercules 650 = Holy GRAIL
-First order and BAM Perfect!
-Nice alluminium case, sturdy (Good Service!)
-Got free goggles from them.

Thnx again Laserglow for your perfect laser.

Last edited:
I am VERY shocked to hear this rhd. I had thought DL would be better than this!

I suppose if i buy any expensive/new lasers again then i will consider laserglow too.

Thank you for keeping us up to date and sharing your hard experience.
Jeff

rhd

jeffreythe00:939618 said:
I am VERY shocked to hear this rhd. I had thought DL would be better than this!

I suppose if i buy any expensive/new lasers again then i will consider laserglow too.

Thank you for keeping us up to date and sharing your hard experience.
Jeff

I'm shocked by how short sighted their business practices are. I was going to buy a 473 from them next. Not a chance now, I'm going to look elsewhere (suggestions welcome)

In addition to those in this thread, you would not believe how many people have PM'd, emailed, and Facebook messaged me to indicate that this laser (or another one from DL) was going you be their next purchase, but after seeing how DL handled support and return shipping, they decided not to buy and to go elsewhere.

Given the price of DL lasers, it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that they might lose 15 or 20 sales, that could equate to $5,000 or $10,000 in revenues. All over a $50 shipping cost that they should have covered anyway.

It's short sighted business mistake 101.

mfo

I'm shocked by how short sighted their business practices are. I was going to buy a 473 from them next. Not a chance now, I'm going to look elsewhere (suggestions welcome)

In addition to those in this thread, you would not believe how many people have PM'd, emailed, and Facebook messaged me to indicate that this laser (or another one from DL) was going you be their next purchase, but after seeing how DL handled support and return shipping, they decided not to buy and to go elsewhere.

Given the price of DL lasers, it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that they might lose 15 or 20 sales, that could equate to $5,000 or $10,000 in revenues. All over a $50 shipping cost that they should have covered anyway.

It's short sighted business mistake 101.

Exactly. I was honestly thinking of purchasing this item sometime down the line.

Oh, are you going to put together that GB for that kit? :D

rhd

Mfo:

After what happened with Stevie in the focus knob GB, I just can't bring myself to run a groupbuy and accept money for an order from eMachineShop.

I was thinking about that this morning, and I think that what I may do is foot the bill myself, and collect the money once I actually have these devices in hand to ship to people. I'll get commitments ahead of time, but no money. I'll also need help reviewing the design - from someone, or multiple people, who've done RGB builds before.

Just too much negativity re group buys going on right now. You know I still don't have my WL E2 that I paid for like six months ago in Glenn's GB?

Anyway, off topic here. I'll start a thread for the RGBMod tonight.

mfo

Damn, sorry to hear. Looks like WL fails us again...

Anyhow, I'm definitely interested in this product of yours (unless the price somehow becomes insanely unreasonable, but the price we talked about before sounded like a steal!)

So, put me down as customer #1 :)

rhd

July 22 - Tracking info confirms that they have received the laser back. Now waiting on refund.

Reactions: mfo
rhd, maybe i missed something but did they promise a full refund? (including shipping) sorry to hear that btw. hopefully you get your $$ back in the end