Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do you want to see moderators on LPF?

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date

Would you like to see moderators?

• Total voters

@FML...
If we did..

you would be the first one to go... for spmamming your own Post...:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Jerry

jayrob

daguin said:
Communication styles will identify them fairly quickly anyway. When I write, there is no mistaking me for jayrob. is there?

Peace,
dave
Yeah Dave.....................
I know....... what you mean......................:whistle:
:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Jerry

How is that so funny??

And you also put a ":whistle:"...

Am I missing something here?

Edit: Oh......... I get it....................... :crackup:

Last edited:
How is that so funny??

The excessive usage of "..." is what characterizes Jerry's writing style. That's why he added extra ...............................'s in his post, hence the :whistle: smiley

:)

Yes, yes I know I just ruined the joke.

How is that so funny??

Hey Jay

Tell me your kidding
I've already been been ostracized by members on a few threads for all my dots :cryyy:

See this is not me (no Dots):san:

[EDIT]
To add to Niko's post... Dave had said that an Anonymous Mod could be found
out by his Writing Style... So I guess I'm not going to be an Anonymous Mod..:beer:

Jerry

Last edited:
Albert weren't you one of the voters that didn't want DAoO banned? Then you wanted to be neutral. So now you want to support the forum? Interesting ... :thinking:

All the evidence was conveniently put there ... not hidden under "an insane amount of polls"

Supporting the Forum and supporting a member are two completely different things...IMO

Jerry

jayrob

Hey Jay

Tell me your kidding
I've already been been ostracized by members on a few threads for all my dots :cryyy:

See this is not me (no Dots):san:

[EDIT]
To add to Niko's post... Dave had said that an Anonymous Mod could be found
out by his Writing Style... So I guess I'm not going to be an Anonymous Mod..:beer:

Jerry

I'm just a little slow is all...

I got it just shortly after I posted, and then edited in that 'I got it'........... :crackup:

daguin

Albert weren't you one of the voters that didn't want DAoO banned? Then you wanted to be neutral. So now you want to support the forum? Interesting ... :thinking:

All the evidence was conveniently put there ... not hidden under "an insane amount of polls"

It was a temporary illness brought on by a lack of oxygen in the northern hemisphere do to excessive penguin flatulance in the southern end of Africa.

He's better now

Peace,
dave

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
investigating possibility with mods again. will update u all after talk to lawyer, most likely tomorrow or following day

if had mods would have limited priviliges but enough to get the job done=)

will post more once i have more info.. no guarantee on the mods but i am looking into it and doing everything possible for it

mfo

It was a temporary illness brought on by a lack of oxygen in the northern hemisphere do to excessive penguin flatulance in the southern end of Africa.

He's better now

Peace,
dave

I nominate Dave as mod #1.

@Dave...

:crackup::crackup::crackup:... ROFLMAO....:crackup::crackup:...
I nominate Dave as class clown....:crackup::crackup::crackup::eg:

Jerry

I voted no on this one. Why? Simple, I have seen what happens when too many people have too much power. They abuse it, plain and simple.

When I ran SpectraForum, I left most of the day to day stuff to several Moderators. This worked for a while, it got rid of spam, and moved posts as they thought necessary. It did a good job of keeping the forum in order, however, after a while, I noticed that it became an issue where they had to try and find posts to deal with, and whenever something got moved, it was hard to find next time. There is rarely a problem with people doing stuff that deserved banning, or problems which required immediate results.

Now, I see this forum which is largely self moderated. When someone steps out of line, they get called on it, a public poll is taken, and then action is taken by one person to resolve the issue. Do you really want a couple people running around deciding who to ban and what posts to remove? I don't think that would be in anyone's best interest.

A good example of how I think a forum should be run is Photonlexicon, it is entirely self moderated with the Admin stepping in rarely to deal with very serious problems. There is no need for moderators.

If you say you think there should be a moderator here, tell me, who do you think it should be? If your first thought is that you should be a moderator, there is a problem.

D

Deleted member 8382

I don't want me as a moderator and if you had read the main post first you would have seen we are talking about moderators only to remove spam, etc. not to ban!

He's better now

Peace,
dave

Hahaha glad you're back dave!

Absolute power corrupts - so they say. If you ask a person to control something, it will become more controled and more and more.
However, what is being talked about here is limited power, not absolute. That may have a dampening effect on the mod to remain cool. Maybe a warning post provided.
This business of trashing someone with PM's can't be stopped by a mod. In that case - Ignore and do not reply.
HMike