Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Custom 405 nm laser transit

Final render before chips start flying. ;)

(First 2 holes are for set screws, 3rd and larger one is where the switch will be)
All good?

Thete should be a groove down the middle for quick.sighting. it can be a V ggroove about 3/166 deep

Can't really do that since the covers are on top and 3/16 thick.

Just make a 1/8 x1/16 deep score line then. or what is possablé . let the chips fly! !Does Bloompile like the drawing? if so

Just make a 1/8 x1/16 deep score line then. or what is possablé . let the chips fly! !Does Bloompile like the drawing? if so

Just make a 1/8 x1/16 deep score line then. or what is possablé . ! !Does Bloompile like the drawing? if so let the chips fly!!!

Either setup works for me, I don't care really if there's a groove...doesn't affect the electronics.

I like the current setup.

Good luck finding a lab enclosure this size and more sturdy than this. It is basically a brick. ;)

Last edited:
Thats it, a brick. I wanted a jobsite laser that will easilly be clamped or set on a flat surface. now its up to Bloompyle to get beam to alighn with host :)

Guess who's working all night building and aligning this bad boy ;) Drivers are finally in, and it's time to get to work!

I will post picture updates for those who wants to follow along :)

s0mw.jpg

of1o.jpg

ne5k.jpg

Color coded it a bit. The switch is using only blue wire, the diodes + is always red, and the neg on one is white, and the other, black. Trying not to lose myself in wiring here ;) Then there will be driver wires too, I will try to keep the same scheme (white/red and black/red) to keep some order.

Enjoy the updates as they come!

She lives! Hooked everything up and did a quick check for operation. Did minor checks along the way of each diode, but it's nice to see them both up :) Now time to clean it up and spend the next 12 hours aligning :crackup:

gsl7.jpg

jq35.jpg

Last edited:

Back