Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Custom 405 nm laser transit

Unfortunately I won't be able to work on this tonight. All the CNI lasers came in today.

thats fine, Do this when you can give it your undivided attention and get a tiny clamp and epoxy. lol

For everyone reading this post, Bloompyle will be away for a week or so..a bit under the weather so lets All wish him well

Last edited:

ARG

Best advice I can give you is to take breaks, and keep trying to get it aligned. Working in small spaces isn't easy.

Took me a few months to get my first dual diode aligned. It's no easy task.

I have boyfriend witg tiny fingers.. maybe Ill show him what to do.. I can't get my big German fingers in there. lol

ARG

I have boyfriend witg tiny fingers.. maybe Ill show him what to do.. I can't get my big German fingers in there. lol

It's more about patience and steady hands, can always use tongs to get into small spaces. :)

i have it here now.. I noticed the threads for the optics are kind of loose and sloppy like a whore's pussy. now I can see why Bloompyle was having a fit. ARG can you walk me through the aligning? starting with getting the beams focused and parallel?
I used teflon tape to fix the slop in the threads. the focus is much better ber far from perfect. I get a spot like this ((0))) . Somewhat asymmetrical and scattering. is there a better optics than just a g2 lens?

update.. I fiddled with the focus more...got them to scorch at eighteen feet away or light a white match focus still not perfect.. wish there was a micro adjust .less than a degree turn charges dramatically now to figure how to get the little purple guys parallel.

Last edited: