Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Custom 405 nm laser transit

Guess who's working all night building and aligning this bad boy ;) Drivers are finally in, and it's time to get to work!

I will post picture updates for those who wants to follow along :)

s0mw.jpg

of1o.jpg

ne5k.jpg

Color coded it a bit. The switch is using only blue wire, the diodes + is always red, and the neg on one is white, and the other, black. Trying not to lose myself in wiring here ;) Then there will be driver wires too, I will try to keep the same scheme (white/red and black/red) to keep some order.

Enjoy the updates as they come!

at first glance I thought you made a blood sacrifice, but when I zoomed it I see it is a reflection in the metal.. Nice Job on the finish guys !!

Reactions: ARG

My Sonic shake.

Currently in the alignment process. Sucks. By the way. In case you were curious.

Speaking with Crouse about something related to the labby. Shouldn't be a problem.

In the mean time I guess I'll do LB's RGB set in this down time.

Man I wasn't following this thread at all! Nice to see it become a reality.

ARG

Currently in the alignment process. Sucks. By the way. In case you were curious.

Enjoy it :)
Just when you think you are done there's that tiny bit of fringing, just a small amount, but enough to bug you enough to realign it :D

When it's done it's one of the most rewarding things.

NKO29

Wow that is one massive heatsink! This will be amazing when it's finished! Great work, it is actually very interesting.

thats the point of this design. big heat sink. easy to mount n flat aurface. tonka tough!

NKO29

Lol i have a Tonka truck that is 10+ years old in my garden. it still looks reasonably good :p lets hope this laser will last as long as my Tonka haha

Lol i have a Tonka truck that is 10+ years old in my garden. it still looks reasonably good :p lets hope this laser will last as long as my Tonka haha

well it it ever fails, It would make one hell of an expensive doorstop. But will easily be refitted with new laser system

them crouse boys do amazing work, you can see the woodgrain more clearly in the reflection from the HS/Host. Bloom, you are also doing solid work, cant wait to see some beam shots from this beast. Are you going for a more conservative duty cycle or is this thing going to be closer to 1.4W?

Wince replacing diodes on this would be a true PITA, I'm running them at 450mA to have a decent lifetime. 500 is pushing it, so I chose this. Duty cycle isn't the issue, these diodes go all wonky around 500-550mA, don't want one to just suddenly blow in a week.

Both have G2 lenses, so I don't see why it won't output at least 1W. Plus I have a 99%+ blue dichroic, and a 405nm coated PBS. Optic losses should, theoretically, be minimal. Back on the grind today, having a sort of alignment issue, should get it figured out by the end of the night.

Getting there. I have a method sort of, like I have an understanding of what pressure in one spot will do. Biggest obstacle right now is that they don't come out paralleled, which is rough, but it's getting there. I think with some nudging, epoxy, and numb fingertips, I'll get it. Should have some more epoxy coming in soon. Just peeled the wrapper on my current stock to find I'm all out... I'll get them to a good spot, then just not touch it until the epoxy arrives.

Some pics!

585k.jpg

3z7i.jpg

r7qr.jpg

Last edited:
@BP
Shouldn't the laser polarization be vertical or horizontal to the PBS ? On the 2nd pic one of the lasers looks like... its turned 45º relative to the cube... :thinking:
(talking about the laser that goes straight into the cube, not the reflected one)

Last edited:
That's not the permanent setup, that was when I was trying to fix the beams exiting, trying to get them parallel. The final will have the modules turned to have the polarization good to go.

Last edited:
I have the aligning down, as it's all I've been doing, so that's easy. That's in regards to the PBS and dichroic aspect. That hardest part is getting the beams parallel before they go through he optics set.