Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Boiling coffee

Well, now we know that Mr. Pierce likes his coffee like a woman! :crackup:

I'm just busting your chops, man.

zf4155_zpsf5d78e76.jpg

Coffee sucks.
Adding milk just makes it worse. :toilet:

Does it matter if it's light soy sauce?

Seriously guys, is this gonna be bad? I'm very close to actually pre-heating some now to try it.

I have a bottle of dark soy sauce.... I wanna see... But... Who am i kidding, i have to try.

Lol, you beat me to it.

I tried in the bottle, but it was plastic so i had to stop. Wound up put some in the same thing you did. I didn't use a tripod, so it wasn't steady. It didn't crackle like it does in the bottle, but was smoking like crazy.

EDIT: after reviewing the second video i made, i noticed that when i slowly moved the beam, the smoke from the sauce was showing beam reflections off the surface. In particular, a V shaped double beam almost like a wake in water, trailing the beam. I saw at least one other beam bounceing away from the dot.

Last edited:
Change the thread name to "How to make your house smell like a Chinese restaurant"

lol..if only. The truth is that my SO and I both had a Pei Wei vibe all night. It was purely by coincidence that the experiment provided itself just before I went to get it.

Do the same with a bottle of dark soy sauce.

Bah, anyone can do it with soy sauce. But it takes an expert to do it with kitty litter:

Laser produce some radiation,doesn't it?

aPfHUHy.gif

Sounds like you have a lot to learn about radiation. Even it were high intensity gamma rays we were talking about, the coffee would still be harmless.

The best part about waking up is having photons hit your cup! :wave:

Black/dark nail polish will pop too. 60mW of 405 at the waist will be enough.

Those black foam trays used by grocers to pack veggies are cut like a hot knife through butter with class IV power.

What is that Ped? :thinking:

Ok, understood :) Scented oil?

~ LB

Last edited: