Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Boiling coffee

You'll have to seriously pre-heat the coffee. I tried this w/ ~2W of 445nm and got diddly with luke warm coffee...I shouldn't have mailed the SAiK today...

Video isn't mine ,but if it would be mine I wouldn't drink that.Laser produce some radiation,doesn't it?

Yeah, it's called 445nm visible radiation...

LOL

When I built my first 445 at ~950mW I tested it out on liquids...
I found that when the beam is spread out it can quickly dry water spots on a dark shirt.
This coffee trick is pretty cool... that must be some DARK coffee... yuck.

Well, now we know that Mr. Pierce likes his coffee like a woman! :crackup:

I'm just busting your chops, man.

"Photonic Coffee" :drool: Pretty sure you could do some crafty marketing scheme with this. Coffee specially imbued with photons is known to cure .... lol

ped

That's nothing.

Do the same with a bottle of dark soy sauce.

I dare you.

@fatalaS: all visible light is radiation, and it's just a small part of the electomagnetic spectrum. you are confusing this type with particles from radioactive decay, which can be dangerous depending on factors like half-life. stay away from nuclear waste and you won't be hurt by "radiation"

SBA you make me laugh be sure and let us know how the soy sauce turns out

Microwave ovens use photons well below visible to heat food. Photons, below x-ray level, are non ionizing and pose no radiation danger.

Now, I'm going to lase some soy sauce...

Thanks Chaoslord I forgot to mention some parts of the electomagnetic spectrum are dangerous, just none in the visible range.

Let's see if I have some soy sauce...

Last edited:
Thanks Chaoslord I forgot to mention some parts of the electomagnetic spectrum are dangerous, just none in the visible range.

Let's see if I have some soy sauce...

:beer:

Not to mention that if a laser could create or emit any radioactivity, this forum wouldn't exist... Or that a couple of batteries could produce the energies capable of creating, directly or indirectly, ionizing radiation.

Ok, I'm done. :whistle: