Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Arctic burned though eye/retina tragically

FP ---
Mine came with goggles too - I forgot that.
Don't send that powder -- he might hurt someone.

HMike

This has to be a sick joke no one is so stupid as to miss the warning flyer that comes with every Arctic, it's big and bright so you wont miss it, it even has warning pictures and if you have ordered the worlds most powerfull hand laser and don't read the instructions then you deserve every thing your stupid ass got, this is what is called natural selection, would you like me to send you a few pounds of black powder to play with now and you can finish off your tree :crackup:

Thank you for such kind words.

If I believed you I would feel sorry for you but realy now come on this is a bad joke and you should not keep playing the role.

I don't understand, what made you go from just normally pointing it in the mirror to quickly just pointing it at your face?
Only explanation I could think of is
-it slipped in your hand
or
-you were too focused looking into your iphone's screen and tried to get a beamshot forgetting your face was in the way?

The "honey call 911" seems entire plausible to me. I get toned out to people's houses for the dumbest reasons......
if this is real it sucks that it happened, but to be fair the whole mirror thing was not the brightest of ideas.....

Granted, i myself am one of those idiots without the goggles on. Though i take special care to look at where the beam is going to hit before i turn it on. If i do hit something i know if going to reflect, i do so at an angle..not head on like this video.

just out of curiosity, what did you do with your laser?

Last edited:
How about posting some burned retina shots? For this kind of injury, they WOULD have been taken after all, since I believe notification of such injuries caused by devices governed by the CHRH are required to be submitted to the FDA..

I smell hoax and troll.

That or, I hate to say it but it's still the truth.. the results of a not very bright individual using a laser irresponsibly while taking zero safety precautions.

Neither case warrants much sympathy as far as i'm concerned though.

Might be harsh, but I call 'em like I see 'em.

DJNY

A friend of mine burned out all his children´s eyes just because they didn´t like the Arctic :cryyy:

Don´t bring such jokes, they are not cool.

daguin

He is so startled and upset that he drops both the laser and the camera.

However, he has the presence of mind to turn off the laser AND pick the camera back up again (and turn it) to get a face shot, before telling his wife to call 911. It would appear that your priorities are a bit screwed up.

You've had the laser since the end of July. In your earlier videos, you specifically mention wearing your goggles with both your green and your Arctic. Why did you stop wearing them?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuT_e8yBofQ&playnext=1&videos=1GPwHXN93OQ&feature=mfu_in_order

If you created a new account in youtube to protect your "family and friends," why did you do the same thing here. Do you consider us your family and friends? Did you not want to freak us out? You were careful enough to get a face shot in the video and posted a face picture here. Did you think that we wouldn't figure out who you were? Also, based on the number of comments and variety of people making comments on your videos, there aren't that many "friends and family" to protect (8 subscribers) I just noticed that you "Favorited" the video in the second account from the first account. You won't "hide" who you are very well that way.

What type of surgery did your ophthalmologist perform? Are you going to have to have any follow-up treatment

Finally, you do realize that having multiple accounts is against the TOU, right?

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
Laser Troll trolls about lasers.

Um, trolling? Seriously. The "honey dial 911" was way too prepared a statement. You don't say 'honey' you say something like 'shit! Dial 911' to whoever is in the vicinity.
My estimation is that this person hopes to get thousands of views through a bit of DRAMA!

Lame.

-Scott

Last edited:
Fake me thinks..........
but don't do it for real just to save face.

Trolling

Best thing to do to shut down this bit of trolling is to flag the video as inappropriate.

Seriously. This video is too "perfect". Presence of mind to line the camera up perfectly to show his face after the supposed injury? Riiiight.

Even this thread could probably do for a bit of "snip snip"ing. Don't feed the trolls.

-Scott

Last edited:

jbtm

I won't believe it until I see proof. First there probably is still visible eye damage. Second, when goin for surgery you get papers that say you had surgery for _______. Which you could show and black out contact information. Until I see this, I'm calling BS on this thread!

IsaacT

And after 7k worth of said surgery, I think I would be raging hard right about now instead of offering up a video of myself bein a dumbass and shooting urself in the eye.....