Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone interested in buying 510nm green laser diodes?

Hi all, just a quick update to let you know i should have these in my hands tomorrow. The manufacturer of the diodes is nichia i believe. I will post some pics soon as i can.

DJNY

Hi all, just a quick update to let you know i should have these in my hands tomorrow. The manufacturer of the diodes is nichia i believe. I will post some pics soon as i can.

Yes it´s NICHIA, I´m also on working out something with them.

Would you be able to post pics tomorrow?

Thanks

I would love to see pics of these, and no manufacturer pics! I cant stand someone who boasts
having a new product an reposts the one we can all see on the manufacturers website

Last edited:

LaZeRz

If you have a 532nm laser on hand, would you mind comparing the wavelength's so we can be SURE that these are actually 510-515nm diodes?

jakeGT

Lol, for some strange reason I don't think this guy
Has any 510nm anything

HIMNL9

Are you sure Nichia have them in commercial state ?

As far as i know, they have a 473nm "aquamarine" one in "engineering sample" state, and a 488nm "sky blue" one in "commercial" state (marketed, i mean), but still no 510 / 515nm ones (but i can be wrong in this, their sites are not so much updated, sometimes)

rhd

If you have a 532nm laser on hand, would you mind comparing the wavelength's so we can be SURE that these are actually 510-515nm diodes?

Lol, for some strange reason I don't think this guy
Has any 510nm anything

I think this guy is gone. Two or three days ago he said he'd have them "tomorrow". Tomorrow came and went, and no post.

If I had to bet, I'd say that this guy was probably one of the $#!@ disturbers on the forum, having some fun.

The only reason to pay attention to this thread and give it any potential credit, is that DJNY mentioned having something in the works with Nichia himself. I trust DJNY, thus it's possible that this guy has the same line of communication open.

Last edited:

DJNY

I´m waiting for NICHIA replying, wrote them today. CNI doesn´t have these diodes ready now (bad communicatiuon between NICHIA and CNI).

Got this reply from picoquant some days ago:

Thanks for your request and for your interest in our products.
Our laser devices are laser diode based, picosecond pulsed laser sources.

We are not manufacturing laser diodes. A laser from PicoQuant is consisting
of a picosecond PDL driver and a compatible Laser Diode Head.
See our brochure: http://www.picoquant.com/datasheets/laser/Laser_Brochure.pdf

From your request I get the feeling that you are looking only for the
laser diode.
Is this correct?

I which case, I would recommend you to ask the manufacturer of laser diodes
such as Nichia, Osram, Eagleyard... or their local distributors

Best regards

To find out for sure I contacted the person I know in Nichia, and this was his response:

Dear Juan-san,

Thank you very much for your message again.
I have double-check your message again.

We can shape green lasers to our customer if they can afford to pay.
The green laser price is the same level as 473nm.

The unit price of green laser at 1 unit per shipment is JPY------.

Best regards,

Hiro
Nichia Corp.

I sent another email to see if I can confirm specifically the marketing of these diodes.

When I have the answer, I will tell you something.

HIMNL9

We can shape green lasers to our customer if they can afford to pay.

This, usually, mean that they produce them specifically, on order basis, and don't have them for sale in marketed conditions.

If yes, i think you acted good deleting the price, for save some of the users here from heart attacks :p (saying this cause i also asked for prices to Nichia in the past, so i know their prices philosophy :p :D)

This, usually, mean that they produce them specifically, on order basis, and don't have them for sale in marketed conditions.

If yes, i think you acted good deleting the price, for save some of the users here from heart attacks :p (saying this cause i also asked for prices to Nichia in the past, so i know their prices philosophy :p :D)

Yes, that's why I asked specifically if they are selling now this diodes (510 or 515nm) in particular or not.

Yes, the truth is that prices better not to comment :D

It is normal, these companies are not interested in selling a few diodes,
they are only interested in selling thousands or hundreds of thousands at a time.

Sadly....not likely since projects use the 445's, HD and BR burners use teh 405, 532's not sure and red and infra-red used in range finders, CD/DVD burners/ cheap LP's.