Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone interested in buying 510nm green laser diodes?

Um. Nichia already makes them (488nm) in powers up to 60mW:
http://www.nichia.com/specification/en/product/ld/NDS4113-E.pdf and (473nm) in powers up to 20mW: http://www.nichia.com/specification/en/product/ld/NDHA210APAE1-E.pdf
The only problem is acquiring them direct from Nichia at a decent price seems impossible. :cryyy:

Well....the 473nm laser diodes purchased directly at Nichia in small quantities, are not that expensive, only about Euro 2250 :crackup: :undecided: :confused:

How many you want??? :D

Ash

Well....the 473nm laser diodes purchased directly at Nichia in small quantities, are not that expensive, only about Euro 2250 :crackup: :undecided: :confused:

How many you want??? :D
24 please.
I intend on replacing all the diodes in an A-14O with these.
24 x 2250 = €54,000 (or $78,040). Seems a bit high. Do you think Nichia would give me a discount if I bought 24 of them? :eek:

rhd

Does anyone actually have a price from Nichia on the 488s?

joeyss

In a way you kind of deserve it for being a idiot and POT MODDING A 4K+ LASER DIOIDE :eek:

rhd

joeyss:953353 said:
In a way you kind of deserve it for being a idiot and POT MODDING A 4K+ LASER DIOIDE :eek:

How do you even pot mod a laser DIODE?

HIMNL9

..... Seems a bit high. Do you think Nichia would give me a discount if I bought 24 of them? :eek:

Uhm, i doubt that ..... the last time i asked them quotations for "small quantities", they replied me that for an order of 10000 pieces i can have some discount ..... so, they intend 10000 pieces as "small" quantity ..... under that, it's all "engineering sample" quantity, at full price :p :D

24 please.
I intend on replacing all the diodes in an A-14O with these.
24 x 2250 = €54,000 (or $78,040). Seems a bit high. Do you think Nichia would give me a discount if I bought 24 of them? :eek:

Ok then, I've already ordered your 24 diodes at 2250 Euro, and maybe 10 Euro of discount for you :D :)

Prepares your wallet, are 54000 Euro please :p

Then the price I gave for the 473nm diode of Nichia is 1280 Euros cheaper :D than the proposed Thorlabs. This is a super price for this diode then :D

-------------------------

Besides the price I gave for the green LD :shhh:, this is the answer of my contact of Nichia received this morning:

Dear Juan,

Do not get me wrong. This price is not decline price for selling.
All our customer purchased laser diodes at Euro3000 range at a couple of units.
Our lasers is really reliable. They are not cheap toys lasers.
Therefore, the price is high.

We are able to select wavelength if you want.
Please let me know if you have any extra question.

Best regards,

Hiro
Nichia Corp.

HIMNL9

^ Well, ofcourse ..... Thorlabs needs their small percentage of gain for act as resellers, after all ..... :eg:

^ Well, ofcourse ..... Thorlabs needs their small percentage of gain for act as resellers, after all ..... :eg:

€1280 +/- of profit, wowww, to what I call a nice profit margin :beer: :whistle:

jakeGT

They are able to select the wavelength if you want? Does that mean they can make you any wavelength?

They are able to select the wavelength if you want? Does that mean they can make you any wavelength?

What you see, is exactly the mail who sent to me the contact of Nichia.

It certainly is a peculiar statement, it will be in the wavelengths they work with, or "have", I guess.

It would be too much could make diodes with the desired wavelength for each client :D

What is certain is that apparently can produce 510-515nm diodes, because he has not said no,
among other wavelengths that are known for us (and perhaps others who do not know :rolleyes: )