Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

589nm vs. 594nm Yellow Wavelength Comparison

Which wavelength do you own or plan to buy?

• 589nm

Votes: 167 62.5%
  • 594nm

Votes: 22 8.2%
  • Both

Votes: 41 15.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 37 13.9%

• Total voters
arghh, wish these were a little cheaper.

@RA_pierce. The main reason I still don't buy one is because I'm concerned if it breaks soon. How long do they last? Are they like the common greenie pointers?

Sweet! I think you should keep them both.
A 594nm pointer is even more uncommon than the 589s.

I'm glad you are enjoying the 589, though. It is pretty bright, isn't it? And the divergence is awesome, too.

I know, I must say I do love the 594 and honestly I didnt expect to see much difference in color between the two.. But they are actually quite different when you see them in person. To answer your question yes the 589 is much brighter than I thought it would be.. Thanks again RA! Im def glad I had the funds available and bought it when I did.. :beer:

How bright is the 10 mW GLP-589 and how much did you get it for?

LOL $425.. The most Iv'e spent on a single laser to date, and I would say its comparable to a 532 of the same output.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
i have owned both of these colors.. i like the 589 more overall however they are both in my top 3 for colors. the first comparison picture is one of my favorite laser pictures i have seen. making thread a sticky b/c its so cool lol

i have owned both of these colors.. i like the 589 more overall however they are both in my top 3 for colors. the first comparison picture is one of my favorite laser pictures i have seen. making thread a sticky b/c its so cool lol

I know.. You kind of have to see the color in person to really appreciate it. I thought 473 would always be my favorite until I bought these. But thanks! I'll be taking some more pictures soon. BTW my 594 pictured above is your old laser lol, thought you would like to know.. A little while ago I was reading some of your threads about it and I have to agree that it seems overpowered.. But I don't have an LPM yet so I'm not for sure.

-Greg

Last edited:

DJNY

Congrats on the first stick in the Blue, Yellow, & Other Colored Lasers section :gj:

Congrats on the first stick in the Blue, Yellow, & Other Colored Lasers section :gj:

Thanks! I think thats my first sticky ever haha. Im glad you guys like the pic's though, I should have some more later.

up2u

Waw, Hey man uhh.

That 589 and 405 are both really cool, Where did you buy them?

Waw, Hey man uhh.

That 589 and 405 are both really cool, Where did you buy them?

I was lucky enough to get both of those from members on the forum, just keep watching the buy/sell/trade section and you'll spot some deals.. and just so I know what is waw lol?

-Greg

I voted 589 as I like top output , & in portables, the slightly more golden or orange 593.4nm is simply never over 30 mW! But I do like the color of 593.5 a tiny bit more if only the equal mW's were ava. to me
Also, in a 10-20 mW the color is so slightly different to my eye, if shown only one of the two, I would likely often guess wrong, which it was...

Talk to me right away if you want either... I'm ordering them in a CNI GB, lowest ava. price for new & full mfg warranty unit(s) ;) -Glenn

Last edited:
Anybody who is intersted in 594 should check out the laserglow GB. They're offering their Rigel 594.5 pens for $258-425 depending on power.

589 is much more dazzling, but i cant help be lured to the almost copper color of the 594. It almost just looks like a cable in the original beam shot

I wonder if yellow lasers will get cheap enough to sell at an affordable level. I sure hope so...

Anyway, awesome post, definitely cool to see them side by side! Thanks

Imo the 594 is almost a "golden-", "amber-" or "chrome-" yellow, while the 589 is "ripe lemon-" yellow. The color changes very quickly in that part of the spectrum, it doesn't take as much of a wavelength shift to affect color as it would in some other parts of the spectrum.

Thanks for showing!
T.

Imo the 594 is almost a "golden-", "amber-" or "chrome-" yellow, while the 589 is "ripe lemon-" yellow. The color changes very quickly in that part of the spectrum, it doesn't take as much of a wavelength shift to affect color as it would in some other parts of the spectrum.

Thanks for showing!
T.

What? The colors aren't far apart at all... they really don't have much of a difference. Sure, there's a noticable difference but saying they're that far apart visually is wrong...