Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

589nm vs. 594nm Yellow Wavelength Comparison

Which wavelength do you own or plan to buy?

• 589nm

Votes: 167 62.1%
  • 594nm

Votes: 24 8.9%
  • Both

Votes: 41 15.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 37 13.8%

• Total voters
Nice, those are pretty cool. You may want to move the measurement lines a bit to the left lol. Oh well

If u wanna, a classic 532nm dpss would be very accurate no matter what, could be used as a baseline, oh what am I saying..

I just got some cylindrical lenses for beam correction and its pretty fun to try, even though my beam dot is now way off lol.
You're totally right about using a known wavelength, the manual for the spectroscope suggests doing exactly that, and offsetting the readings by the known error value.

It's funny you mention cylindrical lenses, I just got a 7mmx5.8mm rod lens this morning, to play around with line-generating. My fantasy is to take an amber laser with a line-generating lens into a Pyramid, and scan the golden line across ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs. Am I crazy for that?

PXL_20240601_185713592.jpg

You're totally right about using a known wavelength, the manual for the spectroscope suggests doing exactly that, and offsetting the readings by the known error value.

It's funny you mention cylindrical lenses, I just got a 7mmx5.8mm rod lens this morning, to play around with line-generating. My fantasy is to take an amber laser with a line-generating lens into a Pyramid, and scan the golden line across ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs. Am I crazy for that?

View attachment 78021
thats way out there man :^) how on earth will u achieve going out there

Ive was playing with the concave part just to generate a line and was scanning my room. Small bonus from those things, ive been dreaming about doing that for a while. its pretty awesome

Back