Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2.05 Watt 445nm Laser in Cree SacredFire NF-009 Mohrenberg Heatsink+Tutorial

LaZeRz

Lol i keep going through this over and over again......... so awesome! by any chance have you recieved those ebay lenses yet?

Yup...:) I received them Saturday but still have not tested them yet. This is why i have not contacted you. Tomorrow i have off and will test them. The coating though looks great.;)

LaZeRz

Thanks a bunch! its alright if you dont test them tomorrow........ take your time :) lol i can wait dont worry. Also thanks on that fog tutorial! almost the only legal way to make smoke in Australia..... lol you cant go and buy a heap of chemicals and mix them together now can you?

btw your so lucky that you recieved the whole blu-ray sled when ordering the red diode :) lol maybe he didnt want to be bothered removing the reddie :D
Also nice that you chose a worthy host for it :)

have a good day Lazereer!

Last edited:
But the point is, isn't it the nature of the LM3XX series that there *will* be a current spike on start-up without a cap on the input?

But the point is, isn't it the nature of the LM3XX series that there *will* be a current spike on start-up without a cap on the input?

Hey,

I see More times Caps Killing Diodes then when you dont use them. I dont like using them in personal Builds. Period.

By the way, the build is still going smooth.

Edit: And I bumped it up. Look at my Sig.:na:

Last edited:
Huh. You have a point with caps killing builds... you know what? I might stop using caps =p Gonna make some test drivers and do some tests on them, but you may have just solved all my driver problems!

This thing is awesome :)

I wouldn't mind do a run of these. Especially since they don't require a boost drive!

EDIT: Holy shit, 4k posts.

Last edited:
Well you Promised me that you will make me another heatsink and i have been waiting for one for a wail.:D

I better be first in Line.;)