Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2.05 Watt 445nm Laser in Cree SacredFire NF-009 Mohrenberg Heatsink+Tutorial

Maybe you can do a small Run.:) I want my other heatsink. :eg:

Or do a Feeler.:)

You know iam in for 1 maybe 2.:)

I'm confused.. This is the right host/heatsink combo right? If it is..., he says that the host itself is powered by either 2 18650s or 2 18500s if you remove the extension tube. But you said that you need to get an extension tube to fit the third 18650, and also that the extension tube comes with the host.. so you are getting another host to get a second extention tube? I don't get it.

Last edited:
IT comes with an Extension tube already that allowed you to fit 2 18650s. If you remove that extension tub that comes with the host you can fit 2x 18500.

I order another host to fit a third 18650 that had a longer extension tube since the extensor tube that comes with this host is half the size of an 18650.

So the host stock will only hold 2x 18650 or 2x 18500. I wanted 3 18650 so I ordered a different Host for the extension tub.;)

This looks so straight forward I may decide to do this as it could turn out to be a better learning experience.... Im glad this was bumped.

If I decided to copy this build..would you mind me asking some rather specific questions along the way in the future so I can get a better understanding of why you did it this way? (I learn better by applying theory ..hands on)

I could probably copy this with my limited skills. but I would not understand why :) (like school tests)

Last edited:
Did you have any of the supplys laying around? Or did you buy all the components for this build? Because i would love to make one of these and need to know about the cost it would be. :thanks:

Hi Everyone, great guild - even today! Just a quick question, has anyone tried using a potentiometer to get an adjustable output?

I am looking to be able to decrease the output if needed.

Thanks!

Roger

Are you using protected 18650? Isnt 1.8A too much for protected one, isnt that battery overheating?

ideas

wow great build, detailed pictures and eye for detail in description.. there should be more of these tuts ;)

Hey nice project and great build.
but i got a question. the one beamshot outside when u point up in the sky unlimited far.

its alwqays like the beam stops and wont go further. and they always seem to stop at he same point no matter which power or colour.
like it hits a wall

After 1 year, I still love this build :D

Diode it's still alive?