Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

12X Violet media

nice!, was the drawing on the wood sped up a bit or was it really windy? The smoke seems to be flying off of that wood pretty quickly.

90% Was real time, but I sped up part in the middle since that clip was kinda long. It was a little breezy.

HaloBlu: The host is from Dealextreme. I don't have a link. I like that the "strike bezel" is discreet. It wouldn't be comfortable to use or carry if it protruded any more than it does.

That was some nice laser etching there. I'm no artist, and my etchings always turn out crappy. Good job!

This is one cool video even at 10% faster in the middle, I have looked at it several times, now I want to see you finish the gators head, and then find a piece of wood for his body :whistle:

HaloBlu: The host is from Dealextreme. I don't have a link. I like that the "strike bezel" is discreet. It wouldn't be comfortable to use or carry if it protruded any more than it does.

Well, after this info I have carefully checked ALL DX pages relevant to flashlights, expecially for those using a 18650, and I'm quite sure that the host is the following:
A10B Cree (SKU 29096).

Well, after this info I have carefully checked ALL DX pages relevant to flashlights, expecially for those using a 18650, and I'm quite sure that the host is the following:
A10B Cree (SKU 29096).

Thanks FrancoRob, I thought I searched thoroughly but I missed it.

pretty neat vid how long is your host?

It seems to be 123mm long & 24.88mm thick.

Great video. This is a fitting overview of a 12X's power.
I thought my 140mW PHR was hot.:cryyy:
Nothing like the 12X's awesome power.
+1 for showing me the "light":wave:

Great video. This is a fitting overview of a 12X's power.
I thought my 140mW PHR was hot.:cryyy:
Nothing like the 12X's awesome power.
+1 for showing me the "light":wave:

Thanks!

From the looks of your signature, you've got parts for an 8X on the way...
Is that moving along?
You need more power!

Wow that burns really fast, i need to upgrade my violet collection

Sweet laser RA. What duty cycle are you running it at?

I am seriously tempted to get one of these... especially as I just found out today that I had an unsigned paycheck (unexpected bonus!)

I'm not using a duty cycle. I've been running it for 3 minutes + at a time. It does get a bit warm, but not enough to be of concern. Power doesn't fluctuate more than +/-1mW as the temperature rises.
The warmth that I feel just means that the heat-sink & body is doing it's job.

Get on board! It's definitely worth the cash... although this will likely be my last project for a while (after I finish my matching red) since I kinda went on a laser spending spree (more like rampage). My collection is nearing "completion" anyway... as far as solid state colors go.

cmak

nice host :drool:

really tempted to upgrade my 6X project to an 8X/12X now, but the host I'm planning on simply won't take much more (heatsinking and battery).

I'll have a 12X (or higher) someday though. And when I do, I'm gonna etch up a Mona Lisa ;)

peace & thanks
-cmak

Thanks FrancoRob, I thought I searched thoroughly but I missed it.

It seems to be 123mm long & 24.88mm thick.

Yes, dimensions are right! It looked so nice that I have decided to buy one; well, I got it yesterday, and it looks very well manufactured (and what's unbelievable, it is stronger, as a flashlight, than the Surefire 6P Led).
BTW, herewith a picture just to show the size, in comparison with a 8x IgorT (equipped with a JayRob EZ-focus adapter) and a dilda.

4466462789_18c44c400b.jpg