Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

12X Violet media

I recently finished my 12X project.

480mW at 300mA using FlexDrive V5 with LarryDFW's 405-G-1 lens.
Heat-sink is solid brass for a nice solid, heavy feel. Custom made by Flaminpyro (he did a damned fine job too!).
The battery used is a Sanyo 2400mAh 18650.

There isn't much 12X media here so I took plenty of pictures and made a video demonstrating the thermal power of this laser.

This thing is incredible. It's much brighter than I expected. I had to make a wider focus ring to keep my fingers out of the way... the beam is too hot to touch!

Here is a link to my 12X set on Flikr (pictures): 12X Laser - a set on Flickr

A link to my full photostream is in my signature.

Video:

Last edited:

jayrob

Cool burning video! :gj:

What material was that where you drew the eyeball? (steady hand!)

Cool burning video! :gj:

What material was that where you drew the eyeball? (steady hand!)

Thanks!
That was tree bark.

It burns so quick, so it was a bit messy. I've used my 6X to draw and I got a much cleaner picture but I have more control with less power.
The drawing clip was in real time except for a few seconds fast-forwarded in the middle.

I didn't have any balloons, but it's ok because the you-tubers immediately cry "FAKE!" when they see a laser pop a balloon. :tsk:

jayrob

Yeah, I had a lot of lame comments on my 12X phaser video...

That is a way cool video ! what was the last thing you were smoking with it where you moved it backand forth and it still smoked like crazy ?

That is a way cool video ! what was the last thing you were smoking with it where you moved it backand forth and it still smoked like crazy ?

Thanks, FP. That was a wood desk. Below it was a roll of electrical tape.
This laser burns as well as my ~650mW PGL. Definitely a keeper.

^^No send it to me!!!
That is wicked. By the time I would be able to afford a 12x though, they will have made 20x :eek:

Thanks for the comments guys! :)
BTW, I just got Glenn's violet blocking goggles (one pair for me and an extra for an audience) and they are GREAT for observing fluorescence!
I love this hobby.
It's like psychedelic drugs without the drugs! :cool:

@ RA geeez I forgot I wasn't supposed to sell you that heatsink could you please return it and leave the host and the diode attched... :crackup:

i have to say RA you have one of the coolest high powered handheld collections here. I watched your PGL video earlier today that thing is amazing. now you just need beam shots of all of them together!

Awesome vid! I love my 12x also :D

Yeah, I had a lot of lame comments on my 12X phaser video...

Lmao "you guys are are stupid for believing this, the laser is not really popping the balloon, he's shooting rice or beans or something at it" what a major, uneducated dumbass.

-Jakob

i have to say RA you have one of the coolest high powered handheld collections here. I watched your PGL video earlier today that thing is amazing. now you just need beam shots of all of them together!

Thanks. When my blue comes in, I will have some nice beam shots to post. I'm working on a new red also, since I don't have one at the moment... Unfortunately, >350mW single mode reds are hard to come by.

@ RA geeez I forgot I wasn't supposed to sell you that heatsink could you please return it and leave the host and the diode attched... :crackup:

pig1.gif

:D

Sweet video! I like your host quite a bit. The interesting strike-bezel type head is nice. Where is it from?

Last edited:
nice!, was the drawing on the wood sped up a bit or was it really windy? The smoke seems to be flying off of that wood pretty quickly.