Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

XJ-A150 News

Yea did all that already. When you look them up on Google they are paying a bit of money to have the spotlight with the individual links below. So I have no doubt they are a serious business. What I was asking if anybody knew how fast they get stuff out the door. Which I did not find on my search. And there is already free shipping applied to this unit. I even tried their coupon code DEAL1173 to see if it would work. No love.:yabbmad:

I couldn't find anything else, not even site reviews.

They keep their blog updated, why not shoot them an email asking if they can do anything regarding the coupon?

DTR

I couldn't find anything else, not even site reviews.

They keep their blog updated, why not shoot them an email asking if they can do anything regarding the coupon?

The coupon is for a different projector. I would bet they would not discount an item that they are one of three sites to even offer. One of which is not in stock yet and the other is in stock for roughly the same price but only takes Google checkout. Got some funds in my paypal so don't want to go that route.;)

True. We also have T_J's face.

<runs from T_J>
I would run if you had said T_J's mouth-- J/K

DTR - sorry about the math error-- i thought it was 1200 and free ship. I can chip in for a diode& shipping. WE should all share the risk of not being able to harvest-- not just you.

hk

ps see my new thread in General section mini LEM in 2 weeks.

DTR

I would run if you had said T_J's mouth-- J/K

DTR - sorry about the math error-- i thought it was 1200 and free ship. I can chip in for a diode& shipping. WE should all share the risk of not being able to harvest-- not just you.

hk

ps see my new thread in General section mini LEM in 2 weeks.

It is all good. I get lost in the math sometimes too.;) If you want in on one that would be fine. I hope they ship it quick.

You sent a payment of $1,299.00 USD to Projector People (orders@projectorpeople.com)

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
Merchant
Projector People
orders@projectorpeople.com

Last edited:
count me in for one. think if they were 405nm lasers kinda nice burners.

DTR

count me in for one. think if they were 405nm lasers kinda nice burners.

Sounds good.:beer:

I figure worst case scenario they are driving them @ 1.1W instead of 1W. Now on some diodes the more current you put in them the frequency changes a bit. Is this the case with the 445 and could this be what they are referring to when they say they tweaked the frequency.:thinking:

Last edited:
yes!
I have several driven at different powers one at 250mw one at 500 and one at 1,500mw and finaly 2w.
The higher the power the more how do i say it lighter the shade of blue.

There isn't much you can do to alter the diode's wavelength enough for a very visible difference in color. The biggest shift you are likely to get is +/- 5nm.
Unless they are using a different diode, I think that the main color difference will be due to the "improved" phosphor.

For brighter output, they are probably just using better optics and mounting configuration to get more light onto the phosphor.

I'd be interested in one too especially if they did manage to obtain another wavelength. It's possible.

These projectors are what made the 445's possible (at a reasonable price) so, it's certainly imaginable that they've been able to source a new lot of LDs from (Sanyo? Nichia?) that operate closer to the center of blue.

To be completely honest, looking at the 'shootout' video of the A150 vs the A145, it *is* less "violet", and more towards "bluegreen" - and that's a good sign.. We know they're working on green LDs, so a result may be shifting blue efficiency up from 445 in the process.

I doubt its DPSS 473, the stability and power output at that price just isn't possible ... But I have my hopes up on a "bluer" LD. I really wouldn't be surprised.

So, yeah, if anyone does buy one, i'd like dibs on one of these diodes even if it was $60 or so.

Last edited:

dnar

Given the LD's are illuminating phosphors, I would not read expect the LD wavelength to represent the apparent video output changes...
I'd be interested in one too especially if they did manage to obtain another wavelength. It's possible.

These projectors are what made the 445's possible (at a reasonable price) so, it's certainly imaginable that they've been able to source a new lot of LDs from (Sanyo? Nichia?) that operate closer to the center of blue.

To be completely honest, looking at the 'shootout' video of the A150 vs the A145, it *is* less "violet", and more towards "bluegreen" - and that's a good sign.. We know they're working on green LDs, so a result may be shifting blue efficiency up from 445 in the process.

I doubt its DPSS 473, the stability and power output at that price just isn't possible ... But I have my hopes up on a "bluer" LD. I really wouldn't be surprised.

So, yeah, if anyone does buy one, i'd like dibs on one of these diodes even if it was $60 or so.

HIMNL9

Uhm ..... changing the phosphors type can have granted them a better and higher level "green" part (and more "green" part means also less "violet" in the image, if well balanced) ..... and about the higher luminosity,

They also improved the alignment of the laser so that more light passes through the lens.

this for me means that they just improved the "beams array" geometry .....

I smell no new diodes, anyway ..... just the usual ones, better aligned and collimated ..... am i the only one ?

Last edited:

DTR

Alright have put a little list of the people that want one.;) LINK

Also I called them this morning to see if it would ship today but it said their sales hours are M-F so It would be Monday at the soonest they could ship. I did shoot off an email asking what the expected ship date would be.

I guess I will have to break down and sell some of the 34 A140 diodes that I have been hording.:crackup:

Last edited:
Uhm ..... changing the phosphors type can have granted them a better and higher level "green" part (and more "green" part means also less "violet" in the image, if well balanced) ..... and about the higher luminosity,

this for me means that they just improved the "beams array" geometry .....

I smell no new diodes, anyway ..... just the usual ones, better aligned and collimated ..... am i the only one ?

I agree.
R&D on a new diode would be impractical.
The quick solution would be to get more light on the phosphor and make it emit a "richer" green.

DTR

There is a good chance that they are the same. Maybe binned a little higher or driven at like 1.1W instead of 1W. But they did say they tweaked the frequency a bit. And there may even be some better trinkets inside the projector as well. Possibly better lenses, stronger LED, ect.