Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked lasers krypton review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know exactly WHERE to post this, so I put it here ! Would anyone have ANY objection to me doing a review of a WICKED LASER KRYPTON ? I plan on having a friend purchase one, with the funds being donated by WICKED LASERS. They will place the funds in my PAYPAL ACCT. now, where they will sit for 2 to 3 weeks, at which time an ANONYMOUS (to WL) friend will order the KRYPTON, ship it to me for the review which will be posted on LPF. The review will be TOTALLY UNBIASED, because WL will NOT KNOW the identity of the person ordering the KRYPTON, so therefore will NOT be able to supply a "cherry picked unit".

Any YEY's or NAY's, please post below, (it'll also give me something to do to keep my mind off my problems.) Thanks for your replies.............phoenix77/rob

rhd

You'll get a lot of criticism around here for doing anything wicked lasers related. I experienced that last week. It just comes out of nowhere, with seemingly no justification.

So, be "conscious" of that - but in my opinion, don't be "cautious" of it. In other words, don't let the fact that you _will_ get some negative reactions deter you from writing a useful unbiased review of anything. If you can truly pull off a completely "blind" (on WL's end) review, that's TOTALLY worth doing IMO.

daguin

Keeping the warning by rhd in mind, do you think that you will be able to ignore the inevitable "attacks"?

There are members here that think that WL should fall into a hole in the earth
They think that anyone giving money to "the enemy" is an enemy of theirs

*IF* you can ignore those and go about your business, then why not?

However, you WILL have to respond to legitimate questions about your review

For example,
"What LPM are you going to use?"
"Are you going to open it up?"
"Are you going to test it to the spec and description that WL advertises?"
"Are you going to test it to failure?"

Do you understand the psychological pressures of "social exchange theory" and/or "The halo affect?"

Peace,
dave

Those that played the 'find an error get a free WL core" didnt seem to get much flack- or have any guilt helping WL fix thier terrible site on the cheap.. I'd say go for it.. I think you will call it like you see it. And it will keep you from running in the streets. If its a blind purchase whats the harm? Maybe WL will send out nothing but cherries for a month... lol

haks two cents

Hakzaw - I was thinking the exact same. " How can WL manage to insure the cherry of cherries finds our anonymous LPF tester?" Hmmm, Count three weeks and post here im buying a Crapton tonight!...

Phoenix - Im in no way questioning loyalties etc. With the amount of posts you have is it possible someone with time can research your posts, comments, etc . perhaps triangulate who or the location?

If you look at some of the respected folks that have caught flack for dealing with WL many either flip flop or have something they have attempted to hide or place to the side, for a laser...

Im looking forward to your review..

Those that played the 'find an error get a free WL core" didnt seem to get much flack- or have any guilt helping WL fix thier terrible site on the cheap.. I'd say go for it.. I think you will call it like you see it. And it will keep you from running in the streets. If its a blind purchase whats the harm? Maybe WL will send out nothing but cherries for a month... lol

haks two cents

rhd

Question: Are you keeping the laser post-review?

If you are, then it would be difficult for almost anybody to write a truly unbiased review. I think the review would gain a greater level of objectivity and freedom from unintended bias if the laser was not kept afterwards. Perhaps put it in BST with proceeds donated to LPF.

If you end up with a free laser out of it, it's near impossible to stay objective.

I think it is a good idea. I don't think it will sway any of the WL haters into supporting this product as they are just too far gone but I think it will help those who are on the fence about ordering one. That is also a really generous offer that you will be receiving the funds to do the review from WL. Hopefully your friend will ship the laser to you and not pretend it never showed up LOL, J/K.
If you aren't planning on keeping it and want to sell it to an old friend for a hell of a discount keep me in mind. Wink face emoticon.

EDIT: Good point RHD. If so it might be better to have it sent to someone who will not be keeping the laser and who also has the technical know how to review the laser in detail.

Last edited:
I didn't know exactly WHERE to post this, so I put it here ! Would anyone have ANY objection to me doing a review of a WICKED LASER KRYPTON ? I plan on having a friend purchase one, with the funds being donated by WICKED LASERS. They will place the funds in my PAYPAL ACCT. now, where they will sit for 2 to 3 weeks, at which time an ANONYMOUS (to WL) friend will order the KRYPTON, ship it to me for the review which will be posted on LPF. The review will be TOTALLY UNBIASED, because WL will NOT KNOW the identity of the person ordering the KRYPTON, so therefore will NOT be able to supply a "cherry picked unit".

Any YEY's or NAY's, please post below, (it'll also give me something to do to keep my mind off my problems.) Thanks for your replies.............phoenix77/rob

Maybe it's because I haven't had enough coffee this morning...:thinking:
If I understand correctly....

1) Wicked Laser will put the value of a Krypton into your PP
account as a donation gift.

2) Then in 2-3 weeks those funds will be given to a third party
to purchase a Krypton.

3) Then the 3rd party will send you the FREE Laser to you for
testing and review..

This is the old WL "get a Free Laser for a Review on LPF"...

What I would do is have someone not directly associated
with that deal to do the Review...

It is difficult to convince outsiders that a review is 100%
unbiased if you get a payment (gift) for it...

I would suggest that you let a neutral (about WL) LPF Member
with the appropriate Laser Equipment do an unbiased review...
Then you could keep the Laser or sell it on LPF to help with the
funds to keep your house...:beer:

Jerry

Last edited:

rhd

What I would do is have someone not directly associated
with that deal to do the Review...

It is difficult to convince outsiders that a review is 100%
unbiased if you get a payment (gift) for it...

I would suggest that you let a neutral (about WL) LPF Member
with the appropriate Laser Equipment do an unbiased review...
Then you could keep the Laser or sell it on LPF to help with the
funds to keep your house...:beer:

A million times over, yes. That's the way to do it. Either don't keep the laser yourself, or don't do the review yourself.

The crucial component is separating the financial/value benefit of receiving the laser FREE, from the actual individual writing the review. With a 3rd party doing the review, I can't imagine anyone having an issue with you keeping (or selling and keeping the proceeds from) the laser. But if you're doing the review yourself, then members would (and rightly so) have such an issue.

If you really wanted to ensure the greatest possible level of legitimacy, why not take nominations for the reviewer position, and then toss the 4 or 5 top names that come out of it into a poll. You could actually let the forum decide on who was meant to do the review, on the understanding that it would be returned to you afterwards, and the proceeds of your sale of it would be put towards your house, etc.

jakeGT

You guys act like people are in the wrong for hating wicked lasers lol.

Don't you understand how many people they royally F'd in the A to make quick easy money off uneducated people?

They have no ethical standards, and can never ever fix that. They can change business practices now but we all know who they really are, just putting on a pretty mask for people now.

If you guys can't understand why people hate WL still to this day and why many will never give them a chance (myself included) is because they have already shown their true face, and people don't forget. They treated customers horribly and lied for too long. Wuck Ficked Lasers.

rhd

Don't you understand how many people they royally F'd in the A to make quick easy money off uneducated people?

They have no ethical standards, and can never ever fix that. They can change business practices now but we all know who they really are, just putting on a pretty mask for people now.

If you guys can't understand why people hate WL still to this day and why many will never give them a chance (myself included) is because they have already shown their true face, and people don't forget. They treated customers horribly and lied for too long. Wuck Ficked Lasers.

I think it's fine to hate a company, but that doesn't negate the value of reviewing that company's products, if their products are in fact purchased by a large portion of the public.

In fact, it's probably quite to the contrary. If a knowledgeable userbase avoids reviewing a product from a company they don't like, the implication is that companies get a very simple way to ensure that their products never get reviewed by that knowledgeable userbase (IE, just make that userbase dislike them).

Wait, a free unit is involved?

There's no possible way that this could go wrong or be manipulated.

34i64w5.jpg

I would love to see a review. (Although my opinion probably doesn't count much because I am new)

Last edited:

jakeGT

I don't know jack about WL's products, they could be grade A pieces of equipment for all I know.

I tried to buy an arctic 3 times before I joined this site. I am so glad it was never shown as in stock al I never pulled the trigger. If I had I would've posted my experiences here just as others did. Has anyone EVER seen an ARCTiC (not a krypton) make over 1000mW stock? I sure as hell haven't.
The krypton power graphs all look like crap too.

I'm not at all opposed to us reviewing WL products, I'm just saying they've peddled crap for a long time so I don't want the forum getting the wrong impression that WL is now just an awesome company. They aren't. They are still liars .

I don't know jack about WL's products, they could be grade A pieces of equipment for all I know.

I tried to buy an arctic 3 times before I joined this site. I am so glad it was never shown as in stock al I never pulled the trigger. If I had I would've posted my experiences here just as others did. Has anyone EVER seen an ARCTiC (not a krypton) make over 1000mW stock? I sure as hell haven't.

I'm not at all opposed to us reviewing WL products, I'm just saying they've peddled crap for a long time so I don't want the forum getting the wrong impression that WL is now just an awesome company. They aren't. They are still liars .

From my experience (with my E2), they're support is pretty good (although I know many people don't like they're support). Shipping is fast (customs took forever though). My laser IS underspec, and that's the only problem I have with WL. Maybe they're power certificate program will fix that. (Again, I'm new so take this with a grain of salt).

Last edited:

I guess that leaves you out as a Neutral Reviewer...:whistle:
:crackup::crackup:

I would imagine that it may be difficult to find a neutral LPF
reviewer that has not already made up his mind about WL
and their lies one way or the other...

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.