Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers GIANT price drops!?

i think that the price for the 200mw red.... 49$( just a little more than dilda......BUT more usable with AAA) and the bluray sonar at 89$. but i do not understand if the sonar is 200mw... or 300 400 like in the tech spec......... i don't know.

i think that the price for the 200mw red.... 49$( just a little more than dilda......BUT more usable with AAA) and the bluray sonar at 89$. but i do not understand if the sonar is 200mw... or 300 400 like in the tech spec......... i don't know.

Chances are, they don't know either... Lol. :crackup:

Exerd

Email wicked and tell them you want AA size green hosts with higher output instead of just cheaper prices.

Like 250-300mW AA host for example.

Steve said he'll consider it, but needs to hear more people that want it to begin making them.

i just noticed it before i saw this thread. I wonder what is going to happen to olike, rayfoss, and other laser companys. It seems they will be giving them a run for there money!

Email wicked and tell them you want AA size green hosts with higher output instead of just cheaper prices.

Steve said he'll consider it, but needs to hear more people that want it to begin making them.
i think that it is difficult to go above 200mw of green in a pen.....powered by 2 aaa or aa.
WL.......says that the most powerfull pen is the ELITE.
wrong!!!......it is like an opto 150 or nova x175.........

the REAL most powerfull pen is the novalasers ENDEAVOR.....:gun:
a monster of 250...300 mw!!!!! :can::can::drool:

i see it in my dreams :p

Exerd

i think that it is difficult to go above 200mw of green in a pen.....powered by 2 aaa or aa.
WL.......says that the most powerfull pen is the ELITE.
wrong!!!......it is like an opto 150 or nova x175.........

the REAL most powerfull pen is the novalasers ENDEAVOR.....:gun:
a monster of 250...300 mw!!!!! :can::can::drool:

i see it in my dreams :p

That makes no sense at all.

You tell me that it is difficult to go above 200mW in a pen, and the next thing you state is that there is a 300mW pen made by Novalasers.

Obviously Wicked can easily do 300mW in an AA pen.

You are aware that 1xCR2 battery is no match to 2xAA, right?

You all might wanna wait a bit until they actually start getting things moving. So far as I see they haven't shipped any Arctics yet and are probably so backed up with orders that this new price drop on the rest of their products is going to send them over the edge.

They didn't incur this new price drop because they all of a sudden felt like not being greedy. They found a new, cheaper, supplier for their modules. It'll probably be in your best interest to wait a bit and read some reviews first. Who knows if the new modules (probably only applies to green pens) are up to spec. Wait and see if they are as advertised. This seems too good to be true IMO.

Even though the price had decreased that doesn't mean you all will shrug your shoulders and say "Oh well" if the product is not up to spec. Some of their green lasers are now cheaper than Rayfoss so you can help but wonder if the cheaper price is going to carry over and mean cheaper products. Just wait a bit guys. Wait and see how it plays out.

Also, as always, their products are illegal to import in most companies and with the added hype of the Arctic and now this new flood of orders... yeah customs could be on the watch. See if any get through first before you blindly throw your money away at something that may not come.

666th post - :eg:

-Tony

Last edited:
Wierd.... I think my ISP might be causing problems with wicked. I made an account, as you can see by my shameless wicked bucks link in my sig :D and I think the moment someone gives the green light on these I'm gonna get a nice, powerful greenie.

cmak

I'm totally down for it, but I think it would be a better idea to do a petition of some sort rather than just hoping that "enough people will personally email Steve requesting higher-powered Evo's" lol
That makes no sense at all.

You tell me that it is difficult to go above 200mW in a pen, and the next thing you state is that there is a 300mW pen made by Novalasers.

You are aware that 1xCR2 battery is no match to 2xAA, right?
Thank you. Couldn't have said it much better myself.
Wierd.... I think my ISP might be causing problems with wicked. I made an account, as you can see by my shameless wicked bucks link in my sig :D and I think the moment someone gives the green light on these I'm gonna get a nice, powerful greenie.

...Come again? :confused:

-Chris

Exerd

Cmak,

Since you suggested it, make the petition thread!

It couldn't hurt!

Have a vote for "Do you want to see more power in Wicked Laser Evolution series?"

I think the best idea would be to aim it at a host we want directly like that. I also think a lot of us would be quick to realizing that the Evo AA host is much better than any AAA host, and is essentially required for such output requirements and increased sinking.

rathat

Math teachers everywhere are rolling in their graves.

I have no idea how many points you get and how much it is worth so, just a guess based on the little I know about it.
How do the points work?

I'd like to see evos up to 200mw @ maybe 250-300$. Start the thread, and see what happens.

Cmak,

Since you suggested it, make the petition thread!

It couldn't hurt!

Have a vote for "Do you want to see more power in Wicked Laser Evolution series?"

I think the best idea would be to aim it at a host we want directly like that. I also think a lot of us would be quick to realizing that the Evo AA host is much better than any AAA host, and is essentially required for such output requirements and increased sinking.

I have no idea how many points you get and how much it is worth so, just a guess based on the little I know about it.
How do the points work?

Dollar Value of Wicked Bucks = 0.15 x Dollar Value of Purchase.

A $1,000 purchase gives you $150 worth of Wicked Bucks, or 15,000 Wicked Bucks.

Dollar Value of Wicked Bucks = 0.15 x Dollar Value of Purchase.

A $1,000 purchase gives you $150 worth of Wicked Bucks, or 15,000 Wicked Bucks.

same thing i just said just the mathmatical equation of it equaling the same thing i said previously. :)

Actually I doubt they can and certainly not at the new prices.

Wicked gets hundreds of laser modules from their supplier. They come form the supplier in ranges from 20-250mW. They measure them and put them into hosts and set their prices according to the Po.

When the crystals are manufactured they're not specifically made to make exactly 100mW or 150mW of power. Some turn out better than others and it it results in a whole range of Po.

If they were to make a 250mW model then the modules used may be so rare that they'll have to jack up the price to combat demand. They'd be the freak modules that are abnormally powerful. Or they'll have to specifically request the powerful modules from their supplier and thus will be more expensive.

The other problem is current draw. At 250mW or more the modules can draw at least 600mA and at that current even fresh batteries will struggle to keep the voltage up. That's why they make they're powerful lasers in the Spyder III hosts, so the appropriate batteries can be used. Then there is the heat generated. The duty cycle would be very short.

IF they do make powerful green pen lasers I wouldn't be surprised if they were underspec and unstable. They'd be the freaks that were never meant to be so powerful. You'll get what you pay for. Don't expect your dream laser without paying for it.

That's just my opinion of it. I hope I wrong, but I doubt it. I want to like Wicked, but they're policies and standbys make that a bleak outlook.

-Tony