Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers GIANT price drops!?

Razako

I really hope nothing is going on with Wicked. I mean this is awfully strange behavior for a company that was charging $1000 for a 405nm just last week.
I hope this is a real honest effort from Steve, to turn his company around to be a more honest seller.

Once the 1w 445nm is actually showing up in the hands of those who ordered, And these new lower priced lasers are verified and shipping, only then I will believe it.
Same here. When I actually have my Arctic working in my hand I'll believe this and maybe order some more lasers. Until then I'll be understandably skeptical.

If anyone has ordered one of these new discounted lasers please post here. I want to see if all their other operations are going normally, or if the arctic is causing a delay of all orders before I go and place another order with them.

Exerd

Well, I was really close to ordering a 150mW Elite, but then I snapped out of it.

I know an O-like module is not the quality of a CNI internally, but hell, my O-like lasers have had better divergence than my 60mW Wicked Lasers pen. For some reason, I'm starting to get a feeling that the only reason I like WLs is because of the hosts they come in. Maybe I'm being greedy, but these low prices on common output pens aren't doing it for me. I think Wicked needs to offer the milliwatts to break free of the competition. I can still get a 170mW pen elsewhere for $100 with good divergence. What I can't get is a 300mW AA pen, and I bet WL could do it in their E2 Evolution if they wanted to. If they could offer some small 300mW lasers, now that would be cool. I would pay $300-400 for that.

Those Spyder 3s are just monsters to me, and not really as tempting as a smaller host is.

Re: price drop at wicked lasers

Just so you know this is the 445nm board!
The fact that WL has finally decided to stop ripping uniformed customers off by dropping their prices does not belong in this section.

The problem is lack of heatsinking, and the pen size modules can't hold big enough crystals to handle that much power. I'm going to buy the elite because I love the host I just want to hear some good news from other people first.

Oh god, I'm SO tempted to buy the red pen.... It's cheaper than a dilda for christ's sake! How much is shipping from wicked? Are the beam specs really that good? They must use optics....

Shipping is 19$ :(, but still an awesome price. Their pen hosts just look so much better than any others.

Exerd

warnlaser has some pretty nice hosts as well... But I want the red SO BAD... I hope it's not direct driven!

With the LPC-815 diodes on the market, you would expect their red pens to be 300mW, in a sense.

Anyone agree?

Razako

Guys I'd strongly recommend holding off until they actually ship some arctics out. Just sayin....

I'm waiting for my arctic still... When they show they can complete one task I've paid for, only then will I pay them to start another. Much like working with small, asian, laser-producing children (labor law pun, not intended)...

Moptsp

WickedLasers said:
Wicked Lasers has acquired a major laser manufacturer to meet increased demand. As a result, extreme cost savings are being passed directly to our valued customers. Wicked Lasers products will continue to be the world's most innovative and highest quality handheld lasers.

Awesome. Now that elite is looking really good. I've always wanted it, but always felt it was way to much at $500! Now it's 40% the price it was! I'm a bit afraid to order from them now though with the massive order in on the arctics. Think it might be a long wait if they have so much going on.