Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked laser fantastic service

Here ya go :)

hmm.. interesting.
Anyone know what is the specified current for the diode they are using ...
Perhaps they are overdriving it .... its quite... un-WL like for their lasers to overspec lol

Well if anyone here still remembers WL BEFORE the Arctic scandal... they were a pretty good company, always overspec units (See my Spyder II RX in my sig :san:) They just kinda ruined everything with their terrible management in 2010... and it will take a VERY long time to re-earn what they've lost... although it's good to see that they are getting their act together. Nice Arctic Smeerworst :beer:

I cannot help but look very suspiciously at a member who has not posted in the forum since October of 2010 and then "returns" to the forum feeling compelled to tell us how much better WL is now.

I am especially suspicious when that members "review" contains superlatives and exaggerations

He hasn't thought about us for 2.5 YEARS and returns sounding like most of WL's marketing copy

Sounds like somebody got some sort of "deal" to get a positive post on here

Peace,
dave

**EDIT** -- When you say you got "another Arctic" are you comparing this one to your memory of the one you had to RMA way back in Aug of 2010? Also, are you comparing this laser to the three year old Spartan from your review?

psst, hey those great builders over at LPF are killing our business, we will give you $50 off if you go there and write a positive review in hopes of tricking some to come buy more of our products,

Well if anyone here still remembers WL BEFORE the Arctic scandal... they were a pretty good company, always overspec units (See my Spyder II RX in my sig :san:) They just kinda ruined everything with their terrible management in 2010... and it will take a VERY long time to re-earn what they've lost... although it's good to see that they are getting their act together. Nice Arctic Smeerworst :beer:

They are BLOODY EXPENSIVE THO
700USD FOR A 500mW 532nm????

It appeas that lazerers site is down at the moment of replying , but Im sure I can get one of similar specs at a MUCH MUCH MUCH lower price

They are BLOODY EXPENSIVE THO
700USD FOR A 500mW 532nm????

It appeas that lazerers site is down at the moment of replying , but Im sure I can get one of similar specs at a MUCH MUCH MUCH lower price

like from many of the builders here, some pare practically like a full production store such as Blord lol for blue at least

Last edited:

daguin

I love rebuilding several of the WL hosts into quality lasers

Besides, your wife only had that one affair
All of her lies and deceit were simply supporting that one affair
OK. I know that she lied to you fairly regularly before the affair, but that is all in the past
She's not cheating on you now (that you know of)
Her friends are all telling you that she's not cheating anymore, right?
She didn't take another man to bed last night, did she?

You should just forget it and trust her

Peace,
dave

I love rebuilding several of the WL hosts into quality lasers

Besides, your wife only had that one affair
All of her lies and deceit were simply supporting that one affair
OK. I know that she lied to you fairly regularly before the affair, but that is all in the past
She's not cheating on you now (that you know of)
Her friends are all telling you that she's not cheating anymore, right?
She didn't take another man to bed last night, did she?

You should just forget it and trust her

Peace,
dave

Not to mention she loves you only because you are rich.

There is no pleasing some people... First this thread was about WL being under spec, then smeer posted a vid showing his to be over spec and the next following complaint was "I bet its overdriven" tisk tisk.

Regardless of power, WL is the father of lies. This is undisputed. And lying is a hard habit to break.

Michael.

It's all about the host look. When my E3 405 konked out on me it wasn't much of a loss since it was terribly under spec, but I went ahead and popped fast tech green module in it and it is now one of my personal favorites. All of this arctic 2010 talk is giving me PTSD...

^^^ marijuana helps. I see you live in LA, go to a dispensary lol.

Michael.

It's all about the host look. When my E3 405 konked out on me it wasn't much of a loss since it was terribly under spec, but I went ahead and popped fast tech green module in it and it is now one of my personal favorites. All of this arctic 2010 talk is giving me PTSD...

This. The host and the 100% duty cycle are the main reasons I bought an Arctic. I also like how the lens caps protect the lens from debris and moisture. And I wish someone made shirts saying "I survived the Wicked Lasers Arctic 2010" I'd probably buy one.