Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Why o-like, rayfoss and many other Chinese sites are down

Those are all valid points too, except guns are weapons and aren't really in the same class with cigarettes, lasers, etc. And an idiot with a weapon is far more dangerous than without one. Also, I don't think it's safer to live in a society flooded with weapons, where everybody is allowed to have one to protect him/herself. And finally, you don't need a room of firearms to do that.

bp968

Those are all valid points too, except guns are weapons and aren't really in the same class with cigarettes, lasers, etc. And an idiot with a weapon is far more dangerous than without one. Also, I don't think it's safer to live in a society flooded with weapons, where everybody is allowed to have one to protect him/herself. And finally, you don't need a room of firearms to do that.

Interesting viewpoint, especially considering your country of origin.

I find it interesting to look at a point in history like WWII for example and look at it on a micro scale. Groups like what was shown in the movie "Defiance" are a good example, or the "Warsaw Getto" is another example. Had those people been armed with current weapons of the day how much different might it have been?

Warsaw Ghetto Uprising - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regardless we have strayed a bit off topic and I find it highly unlikely your going to change your mind and even less likely I'll change mine. I personally hope neither of us ever find ourselves in a situation that settles the argument to be honest.

Now, on to ordering near highly focused light projectors from China :)

I'm from Ukraine actually ;) Part of the USSR at the time, so you are kind of right here. I don't understand what you imply however. But we are indeed off topic...