Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What'd you get for Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekeup

Wow I made out like a bandit, I got an nice Chauvet fog machine with a corded control and a remote control ;)
And a couple 473 lab style lasers that were used in the latest movie TRON :D

Woah... step back a second... the lasers that were actually used? or the same style of lasers used?

Last edited:

Just got done Christmas at my father's

He got me...
- A .22 Winchester Model 56 he fixed up that was my great uncle's
- An Ultrafire WF-501B host with an XML-T6 Drop In Emitter
- A Waveform Generator Kit
- Some new strings for my acoustic guitar :)

Like some others it seems, nothing laser related, but a pretty happy Christmas :)\

Things

I got my first car, a Samsung galaxy S2, a 75W HID torch, a cheap toolset, one of MoH's add diode and go hosts and some linear rods for the laser cutter.

Most of which I bought for myself :D

I got a craftsman center-less ratchet set, a dial indicator, some 1/2 impact accessories, and my parents were nice enough to pay for part of my new used welder. nothing laser related, but i cant complain.

Ooh very nice! That's a combination welder (MIG, TIG, and Stick!)! I'm a retired welder, precision TIG was my specialty.

I didn't get much but I'm still VERY happy with it. Got a toaster, Some clothes and a bunch of axe products! My favorite gift by far was the one I got from the secret Santa here on LPF

lol my family celebrates Hanukkah and my mom was kinda hurting for gifts so she bought me one of those jumbo axe bodywash things at sams club. it came with 3 bottles all the same exact thing...:crackup::crackup:

@fp oooo fog machine is it a hazer or fogger?

Ooh very nice! That's a combination welder (MIG, TIG, and Stick!)! I'm a retired welder, precision TIG was my specialty.

I got a heck of a deal on it on ebay. It cost a total of 580 dollars delivered and works flawlessly too. I think i blew a pound of dust out of it though. It stick welds soooo nice too and runs 7018s and 5p 6010 like nobody's business.

Last edited:
Thanks! I will pass it on. It kind of makes me feel guilty for my uterly selfish plans of going to a good college, getting an engineering degree, etc.

These lasers were actually used in the making of the movie TRON !

Woah... step back a second... the lasers that were actually used? or the same style of lasers used?

It's a fog machine, a Chauvet model Hurricane 1100 and is supposed to have an output of 8000cfm it comes with a corded remote control but I also received a wire less remote control for it.

@fp oooo fog machine is it a hazer or fogger?

LaZeRz

I got a Canon 1100D DSLR :D Expect an update to my beamshot thread!

My parents hate buying for me.... They are not technically minded. The whole laser stuff blows their mind.

Anyway, I helped buy a LCD TV for my room and got some clothes and stuff. I'm pretty happy with what I got this year.

@LaZeRz I wanted to grab that one. Harvey Norman had a deal with them, offering 24 months interest free too! Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

HIMNL9

I got a letter from our national thieves agency (taxes :p), that say, literally "from an automated control of your 2010 tax declaration, it result that you omitted to pay us 0.00 Euro, and that you forgot to pay 0.00 Euro, so here is another 13.67 Euro ticket to pay us" ..... etc :p

Seriously, i'm not kidding ..... i and my commercial, we're still trying to figure what the hell this mean ..... but i probably end having to paying the same, cause for file a claim against that, i will end loosing some days of work, have to keep the shop closed and go 50Km from here to the tax office (and probably more than one time), and can win the claim, but only loosing 8 or 10 times the 13.67 Euro of the original thievery ..... pardon, it's called "computer error" :p

Ah, well ..... Welcome in Italy, where you have to pay fines cause you made nothing wrong, too ..... :barf:

daguin

I got a letter from our national thieves agency (taxes :p), that say, literally "from an automated control of your 2010 tax declaration, it result that you omitted to pay us 0.00 Euro, and that you forgot to pay 0.00 Euro, so here is another 13.67 Euro ticket to pay us" ..... etc :p

Seriously, i'm not kidding ..... i and my commercial, we're still trying to figure what the hell this mean ..... but i probably end having to paying the same, cause for file a claim against that, i will end loosing some days of work, have to keep the shop closed and go 50Km from here to the tax office (and probably more than one time), and can win the claim, but only loosing 8 or 10 times the 13.67 Euro of the original thievery ..... pardon, it's called "computer error" :p

Ah, well ..... Welcome in Italy, where you have to pay fines cause you made nothing wrong, too ..... :barf:

But the food, wine, and women make up for these small inconveniences, right?

Peace,
dave

Status
Not open for further replies.