Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UPDATED W/ GRAPHS!: Demographics Survey is up!!! Completely Anonymous!

Gun

Good job wannaburnstuff, +1 for you. :beer:

Haha, 100% male so far, yes we did all see that coming :p

The bar graphs are a little weird, and difficult to read (especially for North America since there are so many points)

Shouldn't the horizontal axis be "ages" and vertical be "number of people"?

Oh, and if you change it to a horizontal bar graph instead of vertical, we can have a "population pyramid" (or trapezoid actually)!!! And it'll look like a proper population statistics collection!

Things

interesting stats. It's interesting how attractive the hobby is to younger people, myself included, joining the forum at 13.

It may have also been interesting to find what the primary reason for that is, whether people like the shiny, prettyness of the light, whether they like the technical and construction side of it, or whether they just like to pop balloons.

im almost tempted to add my girlfriends info......but we will keep this legit

Things

There have actually been a few women on LPF, marianne being an old inactive member, and reginak a not hugely active, but still appears now and then. There's probably more we don't really know about too, but definitely not none ;)

Trevor

The bar graph of the age breakdowns might look better as a histogram.

Looks great though!

Trevor

oimg

0LAbg.gif

I think you and I disagree on the definition of a graph.

IsaacT

Lol it is really difficult to harness all the data into something useful. This was my first time using google docs and they have a very weird graph system. If anyone wants to try their hand at using the data collected be my guest. PM me and I will give you the login info for the SurveyMonkey account. That is the only survey I have ever done so it will be easy to find.

One thing I could have done was instead of inputting things like this:

Cell 1 .......................Cell 2
North American...........21-25
North American...........56-60
North American...........16-20

and etc for each individual entry, I could have done:

10-15.......................4
16-20.......................7

and whatnot, putting the categories and the number entered in that category. Unfortunately school has been very busy with tests and when I am not at school I am at work...here in a few days I will take another crack at it when I have time to sit down for an hour or 2.

-isaac

...I could have done:

Ah yes, this would be "correct" so to speak, and would be easier to read. Do change it once you can. It's your survey after all! :beer:

Trevor

Lol it is really difficult to harness all the data into something useful. This was my first time using google docs and they have a very weird graph system. If anyone wants to try their hand at using the data collected be my guest. PM me and I will give you the login info for the SurveyMonkey account. That is the only survey I have ever done so it will be easy to find.

One thing I could have done was instead of inputting things like this:

North American...........21-25
North American...........56-60
North American...........16-20

and etc for each individual entry, I could have done:

and whatnot, putting the categories and the number entered in that category. Unfortunately school has been very busy with tests and when I am not at school I am at work...here in a few days I will take another crack at it when I have time to sit down for an hour or 2.

-isaac

If you pull your data down and process it in Excel, you'll probably have no trouble generating the graphs you want.

Trevor

IsaacT

I don't own excell....all my spare coin goes to my gf and lasers.