Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Top secret laser for sale.

Trevor

Is there any way to stop the brightness changing when you rotate it? Seems annoying if not. ><

-Trevor

seem a nice idea...... hod did you stamp the lecters on the host?
....it is very well buoild... with nice features similar if not BETTER than arctic.....

daguin

I have one of these (still a flashlight). I got it as a gift.

I can see some limited value to the dimming and maybe the lockout (for safety) although I prefer a physical lockup to an electronic lockout.

However, the rest of the "modes" would seem pretty useless for a laser.

Nightlight mode looks downright dangerous for a powerful laser.

Also, it looks like the stock LED is only pulling about 430mA. That switch may indeed cause problems when trying to drive a 445nm at higher currents

Is there any way to stop the brightness changing when you rotate it? Seems annoying if not. ><

-Trevor

Yeah. Just by clicking it once turns it on.

You have to hold the switch for it to dim.

Also, for the other modes to kick in, you have to hold the button for a full second

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

jakeGT

@trev

Ben said a few posts up, you click it on, hold it, rotate arm to desired brightness/power then let go to leave it at that point... I think

daguin

-Trevor

@trev

Ben said a few posts up, you click it on, hold it, rotate arm to desired brightness/power then let go to leave it at that point... I think

For the bright/dim mode, the light "remembers" the last setting for brightness as well. If you turn it off when it is "dim", it will still be "dim" when you click it back on. You have to hold the button and "turn it back up" for it to be full power again.

Peace,
dave

Impressive, great idea. I hope you can pull it off.

And you should have showed us to start. At least post it in the vets section. Would have saved a week of useless posts, plus we could of helped you. :yabbmad:

We would have gladly collaborated to help you out on this project!! Remember this for next time as that is one of the reasons there is a Vets section.

Yea all them modes are going to just be a waist as they realy won't do anyone any good as a laser,
heck I know several people with flashlights that have a bunch of modes and no one ever uses them :undecided:
and I'm with Dave that sleep mode looks dangerious :tsk:

Too much trouble to mess with, I have never heard befor about someone getting carpel tunnel from
operating there laser but it could be comming with all that wrist turning :crackup:

I think it's great that Peeps are trying new things; even if they don't exactly turn out all that useful.:beer:

Carpel-tunnel.....:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Last edited:
^^^Only five modes I want on my flashlights, Low, Medium, High, Strobe and SOS. There is really no need to anything in between and in all honestly for a laser, just Safe, Medium, High and Strobe would be ideal IMO. The two used the most are low and high. All the in between adjustment on this laser would be a downside.

Trevor

Sorry. That is beyond my knowledge base. Would you like me to ship mine to you to test out?

Peace,
dave

It's not a very pressing matter. :p

It would probably be easier for Brad to just dim it and wave it on a wall quickly. :)

-Trevor

Steve... If you talk to Ra1nfade, you will know that I told him that he is going to get a ton of credit.